“We visited the town of Zahara de los atunes and enjoyed a delicious Tuna here. I recommend this place 100%”
Review of Tia Juana

Tia Juana
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Description: We are a charming & typical restaurant located at the heart of Zahara de los Atunes (Cádiz). Nice terrace with sea views in the nicest neighborhood, where the traditional lifestyle from Zahara still happening.
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner there through a friend’s recommendation & it was a deception. We went for an early dinner when the place was not full & still the waiters were not organized. Thrice they came with wrong dishes to our table. They forgot to serve couvert and still wanted to charge it. When we argued the owner (Pau) argued in an arrogant manner. We asked for some extra bread twice and that was charged 3 times instead. Food portions are small as compared to exaggerated pricing of dishes. Hot brownie is served with ice cream on top (not on side) which means you eat it in ice cream soup. NOT RECOMMENDABLE & WASTE OF MONEY.

Date of visit: August 2018
Alejandra A, Propietario at Tia Juana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Hello Ankseh,

First of all, thanks for your time. My name is Alejandra and I am the current owner of the restaurant. As far as I known, you arrived before 21h, then it is normal that you found the waiters organizing the dinner´s service for that day. We have probably different schedules than you, but it does not mean that they were not organized.
Secondly, Pau is one of the most loving waiters and persons of the whole village, as you can read in about 90% of our reviews, so I personally do not believe that he was arrogant with you. I am sorry for our differences, but it is my duty to defend my workers when they deserve it.

Thanks for visiting us.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant by the beach with a great menu. Starters were fabulous, tasty and fresh.
Main courses were served around 30 mins apart so sat waiting for everyone else. When husbands fish turned up it was terrible but they handled it very well and were very accommodating. Sadly had to wait a further 30 mins for my daughters main course, she had the steak and when arrived it was delicious. Main waitress is very helpful and think we just hit a very busy evening but the waiters are all over the place so I would suggest each having a set of tables
To work as felt a little swamped at times.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This quirky, fun restaurant is stylish and superb. We had nothing but tuna - pate, candied and braised. So clever and tasty. No wonder all tables were full by the time we left. Don't miss this place when you visit.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

As a very large family of 19 the first time we ate and 29 a few days later you cannot complain about their ability to accommodate big parties which is impressive considering this gem is tiny and right on the beach. As you would expect between us we tried every starter, main and pudding on the menu. Believe me when I say every one was a stunner. Tuna is massive in this area and their take on Tuna was stunning. The candy tuna was a to die for starter if you like Asian flavours including soy and ginger. The tuna fillet was a structure flavour and texture I had never tasted before. The sharing sirloin steak was a tasty delight. The beat red wine was the more expensive Riberra Del Duero. We ate there twice and I wish it was more.

Date of visit: May 2018