Sandals Barbados
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
South Gap Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$143
Official Site
Ocean Two Resort & Residences(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$214
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$131
Rostrevor Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$133
Yellow Bird Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$179
Southern Palms(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$231
  • Pool
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort(Christ Church Parish)
US$196
Sandals Royal Barbados(St. Lawrence Gap)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (2 943)
2 943 results
1 863
1 863
All reviewscrystal lagoonmerry monkeymain poolpiano barbombay clubde parissushicaribbean villagebuilding workbayside restaurantbutch's chophouseclub levelindian restaurantroyal houseswim up roomentertainment teambutler service
FilterAll languages
41 - 46 of 2 943 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We visited Sandals Barbados in 2016 when the adjoining Sandals Royal Barbados was under construction. We enjoyed our holiday so much we booked for 2018 and have recently returned from a two week holiday, again staying at Sandals Barbados.

The building work on the new site is now completely finished and we were amazed that the two resorts now appear to be one. The “join” is seamless and makes for one large amazing resort where the Sandals policy of “Stay at one, play at all” means you can stay at one resort (Sandals Barbados) and enjoy all the amenities and services of the other (Sandals Royal Barbados).

We stayed in a Crystal Lagoon Luxury Honeymoon Room with a Tranquillity Soaking Tub and a wonderful view of the garden and crystal lagoon. It was heaven getting up each morning and taking a cup of delicious blue mountain coffee onto our balcony to watch the resort “waking up” and being visited by banana birds and the occasional humming bird.

There are now a total of 17 restaurants to choose from plus numerous bars and activities. Reservations are required for 4 of the restaurants and reservations are made at the culinary reservation desk. We never had any problem making reservations thanks to Claire who was always so friendly and helpful.

Indeed all the staff were friendly and efficient for which we thank them all but our special thanks go to: Markson, head gardener whom we originally met in 2016 when we went on the garden tour. It was great to see him again and he kindly supplied us with advice on our koi fish and pond cleanliness. Tamisha our maid who kept our room supplied with fresh towels and sheets and who surprised us with ready drawn bubble baths complete with rose petals. Lovely Akeila and Itasha from the Red Lane Spa where we enjoyed a couples massage. Ramon the bar manager, who remembered our favourite drinks and made them up for us as we were walking to the bar.

And finally, not forgetting Brian from Maintenance. One lunch time, I tripped up going into the American Tavern and broke the strap on my sandal. The hostess took the shoe from me and said she would ask someone from maintenance to look at it. Before I had finished my meal, Brian presented himself to me with my sandal completely repaired. He was Prince Charming to my Cinderella! Thank you Brian.

We travelled to Barbados from Manchester and used Thomas Cook Airlines, flying Premium Economy. Both our Outbound and Return flights were excellent.

Everything about our holiday was lovely with no problems at all. We shall definitely be visiting Sandals again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Adanne193
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrived 8th March for 10 days. Passport control took almost an hour....
The Sandals desk outside the airport gave us bottled water and said transport would be along soon....We anticipated a bus but we're given a taxi ..A 15 min journey.
We were greeted with cool cloths and a welcome song...
Seated comfortably with cool drinks to do check in on tablet.
Our room overlooking The Crystal Lagoon in Walcott Building was very nice. It was plenty big enough...Enormous bed...very comfortable...nice bathroom with big shower having both overhead rain shower and normal shower...2 vanity basins ...big mirrors & good magnifying mirror. Red Lane products... Soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. Wardrobe had hangers but I needed the extra hangers I always take & leave. Bathrobes, Safe, Iron & Ironing board & Umbrella all in wardrobe.
Bar space with red wine & glasses. Kettle & Coffee maker..With teas,coffee etc.
Mini fridge with juices, soft drinks, beers & white wine.
Flat screen TV ...on a large chest of drawers...plenty of storage space.
Good air con system & Ceiling paddle fans too.
The soaking tub on the balcony was huge...leaving just enough room for table and chairs.
Our view of the Crystal Lagoon and gardens was gorgeous.
There was a small warm pool in the terraced area round the Crystal Lagoon...sunbeds with shade were usually available at 9am...A quiet place with waitress drinks service.
We had breakfast at Spice buffet most mornings...so many choices... Tony makes eggs any style all with a smile ! We tried Portofino for breakfast one morning. It was nice to be waited on...although the service wasn't great.
Schooners seafood was fabulous. We had dinner there twice. Great food, excellent service...I asked for a lobster tail as a side ..they were happy to oblige
Bombay was very good...delicious food...good service...try the tandoori lamb chops !
Butches Chop House host wasn't welcoming...however our server was polite and efficient. The aircon was too much for us. We enjoyed our meal but we were glad to get out into the warmth of the Barbados evening.
Merry Monkey had scallops that were delicious...
Mariner Seaside grill...We had lunch of quesadillas & jerk chicken with sweet potato fries.
They have a soft serve ice cream dispenser...self service, in cup or cone.
Cafe de Paris have delicious cakes , cookies & icecream treats. Try rum & raisin in a cup with rum cream poured over...yum yum !
Over on the Royal side we ate at Chi, which was tasty & interesting with good service.
La Parisiene up by the Sky bar was our biggest disappointment..poor service and two main courses that were not great...maybe bad choices on our part...Lovely venue.
Butches Chop & Seafood was excellent...We ate outside...avoiding aircon issues. Food was amazing and service very good.
The Thursday night Chocolate Buffet was held over on The Royal side by the Lovers lane bar. The White dress code wasn't much in evidence...The chocolate was Fantastic !
We enjoyed drinks at the Sky bar...nice music...fab view.
All bars were good offering different experiences.
The piano bar was packed most evenings...those who like sing-a-long love it !
We enjoyed the Infinity bar in the courtyard surrounded by restaurants. They played good music ...not too loud...and there was a smoking area adjacent which had comfortable seating.
There are plenty of smoking areas with a seat or bench for those who do.
The main pool is a hub for activities...quite noisy with varied music...sunbeds are all reserved early...however...., after breakfast at 10 am we would go down for a walk along the beach and pass the odd spare sunbeds...worth a look.
The beach was Red flagged all through our visit...A shame as we love a sea swim and enjoy snorkeling. I did go in when others had also braved it...It was like being in a wave machine...great fun !
We went out on the Sunset Catamaran cruise with Cool Runnings. A lovely trip..We snorkelled seeing turtles, ship wrecks and .. lots of fishes. Had dinner of jerk chicken, rice, salad, bread etc. Open bar with plenty of choice...Watched the sun go down with cocktails. It was amazing !

We loved Sandals Barbados and would recommend this gorgeous property !

6  Thank grezziwick
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I were at sandals Barbados December 16 to 23.over the years my husband and I have experienced a dozen ultra all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean and Mexico. Most I booked myself. Some with one line travel agencies. A few with an agent. Back to sandals. This was our first time at a Sandals. I had been to the sandals in Ochoa Rios in the 90’s for a wedding as a guest for the day. The hurricanes this year affected everyone’s Island plans this year. I selected the Island first, then started looking at resorts. Sandals met the criteria for adults only, on the beach, all inclusive and price point. I rely heavily on TripAdvisor reading reviews when I making a vacation decision. And I saw many positives as well as a few negatives regarding the sandals in Barbados. Many of the reviews had to do with the construction next-door of the Sandal Royal next door. Other categories of complaints were maintenance of pool, housekeeping and making dinner reservations. My usual method is to email and or call the resort to confirm that we are coming, what we like to drink and set up a birthday dinner. Sandal s has a very nonuser friendly email system. I emailed them through the web site two weeks ahead, got an “ticket” number for my email and never received from them. A week before I decided to call. I was told to call my travel agent with my concerns. Really.? They said they could only help me if I had booked directly with sandals. Really? So I posted a comment about this customer service on their Facebook page. Someone responded with a customer service number and extension. Sadly when I called they did not seem to know what I was talking about. I assume they finally put me though to someone to the sandals in Barbados. I explained that I had sent “sandals” an email regarding some of the long standing issues I had read about and that I was not about to spend $6400 for what amounted to poor customer service. I was reassured that the construction noise, dirty pools, difficult reservations were not going to be an issue when I arrived in two days. Every other resort that I have dialed and or contacted prior to our visit responded promptly and courteously. So much so that when we do arriveWell. We get to Barbados and it was a three hour wait to get through customs, nearly as long as the flight. Barbados needs more custom agents. We finally get out of the airport and went to the sandals “lounge” which was a table outside the airport. Given a bottle of water we are told to wait for other people to come so they can put us in a van to go to sandals. Going on hour four in the airport. I asked for them to get us a cab to the resort. Their initial response was it was not their fault that we had to wait through customs. About ten minutes later another couple approached. However about 5 minutes later they got us a cab with just us. So much for carpooling.

We get to sandals. We are escorted to the concierge lounge. We meet our concierge Ramone. He was excellent. Apologized for the crazy airport (he didn’t have to it wasn’t his fault, but he did anyway) got some cocktails of our choice. He escorted us to our room -beachfront overlooking the pool. Then he escorted us to dinner at the seafood restaurant near the beach. Food and service was good. We sat on the beach every day. Somehow Ramone found us to check in us each day. Speaking to others who had concierge level , some of them never saw their concierge. As for the construction it was still going on. Yes there was noise on the beach being as the new resort abutted right up against the beach. On thing I noticed was that there were two ground floor rooms with pools located very close to the “old” resort. They were still placing the landscaping around these rooms. Bottom line-it appears at this sandals whether the old side or New side that the rooms /bungalows/lagoons with pools that are on ground floors have little or no privacy from people walking by. Ok. I’m just saying.
The new side opened up while we were there. It is lovely and they were still finishing it even though it just opened. They had a dessert bar on the new side as part of the opening. It was okay but the entertainment was poor. A young DJ who obviously had no experience in reading a crowd. We also noticed that they pulled quite a few of the more experienced worked from the old side to be on the new side. I missed Ronnie at the beach bar who make the best frozen mojitos. They also need more beach umbrellas/cabanas. Beach drive service was slow. Beach foodservice was slow. The beach sellers were not intrusive. We actually purchased two items. Some other points: our room was clean we had no issues getting towels although some guests did. There was a lot of employee training going on when we were there. I think they should have had more class room training or group training before let out on the public. Also it was clear in the coneirge area that although they had had bodies willing to help you, there was one person behind a closed door running the whole They didn’t want you waving under their nose but how were they going to find me if I was roaming the resort? One couple from England told me they had booked a special rooftop dinner on the New side. However, when they got there they were told that it wasn’t opened yet. On top of this no other arrangement had been made for them. They should have been comped a beach dinner. Another couple told me that their trip included a catamaran cruise yet were told it was a snorkel cruise and had difficulty getting comped for the catamaran cruise. Anything using their iPads for checking in and registering is slow. As a side note be went to the mount gay exhibit. Please be advised that you are not at the distillery. It is basically a museum and tasting room. You don’t get a lot at the tasting. We would have been better off just buying the different bottles of run. One theme running through all my reviews is the level of customer service for what you pay for at these resorts. Maybe some of the other sandals resorts are better but I don’t think I am going to invest my vacation days and money to find out.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
16  Thank champagnewishes
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I want to first say the property is absolutely gorgeous. Grounds are pristine, and amenities are abundant. It’s a small village of just about everything you could imagine.

However, I believe the staff hasn’t been properly trained to accommodate guests. There is such a rigid structure in which they are expected to abide that it comes across as unaccommodating to the guest.

Examples -

1.) Upon check in we told the concierge that we would be leaving that following Sunday and would like to have dinner on our last day before departing. They told us we would have to pay $125 per person extra to take part in another mediocre meal since we would be automatically checked out at 11am that day.

2.) We went to the bowling alley to make a reservation and they told us it was against policy to make such if you didn’t have a butler. Really? I was never told that needed to be the case in the beginning and I’m definitely paying to take advantage of all the amenities here, or so I thought... while I sit here are look at an open lane I put at no priority at all since I don’t have a butler.

3.) We were tired from our day running around town and I called down to move our reservation 30 minutes later. No can do... They informed me the reservation system was “closed” and we would need to be there at the time reserved our lose our spot. We got there on time, sat in the restaurant for over two hours, and it remained maybe 25% full the entire time.

4.) Upon check out I went down to what they call their so called concierge level to ask for an extra hour in our room before needing to check out. Again, no can do, we must be out as the letter indicated two nights prior to being under my door. We felt rushed to exit as they are looking to get people in and out as fast as possible.

In the end we had a nice time at Sandals, but I will definitely not be coming back. I don’t typically do all inclusive, and when I have it never really lives up to my expectations. This is another example of such.

If you do stay, my tips would be to make reservations for every restaurant the day of check in, La Parisienne is the best food, get up early (8am is fine) and go down and pick out lounge chairs, and lower your expectations for asking for anything out of standardization for the resort.

10  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Honeymoon of a lifetime. Lovely staff and a beautiful resort. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The resort is well looked after and as guests we wanted for nothing. We look forward to coming back some time in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank samlong2018