“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Flavia on the recommendation of another guest in our hotel.
We were not disappointed. The welcome was excellent. Flavia the owner was full of life and couldn't,t do enough to make sure you were welcome.
We shared a mixed grill which was really nice and then had some of Flavia,s home made ice cream and caramel cake. It was gorgeous and we will definately be visiting again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was tasty. Good servers who were polite and friendly. Choice was limited. House wine was ok.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Shared mixed grill! Fantastic food only matched by the service!! Great to see family working together.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited on Monday 11th June at about 8.45pm. We liked the look of the menu and the specials so thought we'd give it a try. The restaurant was busy and on entering we asked for a table for two. We were taken to a table at the back of the restaurant with menus all over it and no tablecloth. The waiter cleared the table and set it up with a tablecloth and cutlery. We thanked the waiter as he had gone over and above to enable us to be seated without having to wait.

A young girl then came over to take our drinks order. We ordered a carafe of house white medium-dry wine. When it came she poured two small glasses and quickly went to serve other customers (which was fine as the restaurant was busy). We tasted the wine and it was really sweet, almost like a pudding wine, not medium-dry. When the waitress came back over in our direction I stopped her and asked if we could change the wine for dry as this was extremely sweet. Very abruptly she said yes but you have to pay for this as she lifted the carafe from the table. As she turned to walk away she said is that OK? I replied no. (I would have been happy to pay for the glass we tasted from but we had literally had a two sips and she was now taking the carafe to return to the original barrel which we were expected to pay for and she would then sell again) she turned back to the table and said well you have to drink it then and put the carafe back. Somewhat shocked by the attitude of this young girl we sat in disbelief for 2 minutes before pondering if we should remain in the restaurant to be spoken to and treated like this?

At this point an older lady (who we later found out was the owner flavia) walked past our table with a order pad and shouted I see you but you have to wait!

At 9.20pm flavia came and took our order. We had waited 45 minutes for our food order to be taken.

During this time we had watched others waiting ask if their food was anywhere near ready, ask for their bills and one family asked for clarification as their bill was completely wrong with extra items written in Greek added on. We also watched the young waitress clear tables and throw crockery across the bar like a stroppy teenager, totally inappropriate behaviour.

Our food arrived at 9.50pm. My partner ordered chicken gyros which came with no pitta bread. I called flavia over and asked if this was correct. She did not respond to me but walked over to the kitchen hatch and shouted at the chefs. She then returned to the table with a plate of 4 triangle pieces of pitta bread and threw it down and walked off.

Stunned by this attitude we ate our food (which was average at best) and were keen to leave. I asked the original waiter for the bill, he replied no problem and went to ask flavia for it. We saw her shake her head and signal to him we still had wine left. (This was the original wine that we did not, or rather could not drink - I think this wine was old and had femented and gone off, which was why it had such a sweet taste).

Flavia came over to clear the table and my partner had left 1 triangular piece of pitta bread. Flavia abruptly said you have not eaten it, I will leave it there, you must eat it and left.

We waited until 10.40pm to be given the bill.

There were 3 staff waiting tables which was clearly not enough.

To quicken the process I went to the desk where flavia was sat to pay. On approaching the desk she shouted stop, mind the step. Upon inspection there was a small 1" thresh under the desk which I may have tripped on had I walked with my legs 4 feet in front and not perpendicular to my body!

I asked to pay and awaited my change. Flavia gave me the receipt and said that's yours to keep. And then began to place the money in the till. I had to ask for my change as a tip was assumed!

Poor overall service, bad wine and very average food.

More staff needed with pleasant attitudes!

There are lots of nice restaurants in Pefkos which are bigger and busier than Flavia's and they still manage customer service and outstanding food. And so do the smaller tavernas too! Try these first, you will not be disappointed.

Avoid Flavia's

We will not be back.

2  Thank Mary_SW_10
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Got 1 meal wrong and one roast lamb was all bone. Explained and they didn't want to know. They went and spoke to all other customers and completely ignored us as we were unhappy with 2 of the courses.... very rude and won't be coming back