“Phenomenal Food & Wine -- A "Must Visit"”
Review of Contadi Gasparotti

Contadi Gasparotti
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Tirano
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

This little wine and "agribar" was located just down the street from our hotel a few short minutes (walking) from oldtown area of Tirano.

The owner/operator is absolutely wonderful -- nice, friendly, helpful, and generous. The place is very nice and modern on the inside and the food and wine were wonderful.

For €15 we had a five course meal and we sampled all of the red wines (made by the owner of the restaurant -- as they have a vineyard). The wines were additional but the total bill for two was about €65 -- for 2, five-course meals (meat and cheese, "cheese pancakes, brasaola (dried beef) and mashed potatoes, mushroom and cheese crepe, and dessert), 2 coffees, and 6 glasses of wine.

Absolutely a must visit if you're in the area. Loved it!!!!! The best!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2016

We were staying a few steps away at an absolutely wonderful inn called, Ostello del Castello, and they sent us down to Anna's place for dinner. It was one of the most enchanting nights of our entire 10-day trip to Europe. We fell head over heels in love with Anna and her glorious food and (for me) wine. I was traveling solo with my 12-year old and he couldn't get enough of Anna's apple juice, produced from local apples. It was a magical evening! I miss Anna and know we'd be friends if I lived in Tirano. Funny too, because I speak no Italian and she spoke little English, but her warmth and charm were apparent in everything she did. I'll never get over this place and the fact that I can't return whenever I want to.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Seriously good food.

Don't go here for choice, go here to be given a fix selection of excellent country bumpin food.

We loved it, having said that, my chin dropped to the floor when I heard about the EUR27 per own label bottle. But it is quite a good drop.

Bring an empty stomach, your family and friends!

Reviewed 23 March 2016

This was my number one choice for dinner for the one evening I had in Tirano. I wandered around for an hour, map in hand and asked directions from a local resident who put me in the right direction, but still couldn't find the place along the length of Via Santa Maria. I found myself at the top of the street at a dead end as it was getting dark, so turned around and went back to the old town. I was very disappointed.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

We went here having seen reviews on Trip Advisor and we loved it. As people have said before, it is a wine bar run by the family who produces the wine and the food is really an accompaniment to the wine. Having said that, there is a daily menu of about 6 smallish courses for 15 euros. Wine is obviously extra! There is no choice in the menu, but I liked that because it means you just get exactly what the locals eat. You could also eat the different courses on their own - a bit like Spanish tapas but I don't know the word in Italian. Anna does speak English and can explain what you're going to eat but we could have had a bit more of a chat if we'd learned some Italian as well!
We were very well fed after our meal and from our table in the mezzanine area we could watch what was going on downstairs and what the locals were eating and drinking. We really enjoyed our evening and felt we'd sampled an authentic Italian evening out.