Hotels.com
eDreams
StayForLong
Travelocity
All reviews signature suite fresh salad bar nice hotel absolutely stay here again other places turtles bali straw resort chill pool island loungers gili bikes bamboo hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2019

We stayed three nights in this hotel.
it is a beautiful property and it is difficult to not like it.
However there are some negatives points which gaves me mixed feelings.

Let's start with the positives:
- The pool area is really good
- The hotel has plenty of chilling out places - bean bags, sun bed and so on
- Breakfast is good
- Room are clean and nicely done
- They have a friendly cat - named butter cup ;)
- Location is good close to a very nice fish restaurant - chill out bungalows and bar; not far from the harbour

On the less positive side:
- Beach front is not bad but there is clearly much better around this island. Not much space; from a snorkelling point of view it is better to go up north close to hans reef
- They love deposit in this hotel: you want a towel: 200K deposit, you want a bike: 300K deposit + 50K for renting. First time that I experience this kind of strange behaviour/request. Probably they had issues in the past with some guests but it clearly shows a lack of confidence on their guests. I mean paying a deposit for a towel which is by the way quite old and has stains...
- This hotel also tries too hard to be "instagramable" which I find it odd and cleary not what I was looking for. I guess it works with a certain type of tourist.
- Laundry service is crap. I am disappointed and unhappy of their laundry service. I got my clothes back the night before I left and it was not clean at all. They smelled good but I still had basic stains on some tee shirts, same with the socks that I used to climb the Rinjani as dirty as after the trek!
On the morning of checking-out, I told them about this issue and the staf smiled and asked me to pay. Well I am not running after 100K but I found it not professional to charge for a service which is not delivered.

Bottom line, I did rate 4 start even though it would be a 3.5 maximum

Reviewed 4 September 2019

We loved our time at Sunrise Resort. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and quiet and the whole resort very relaxing. We ate in on some evenings and then strolled the waterfront on other evenings. We loved swimming in the beautiful coloured tourqoise blue sea. Thank you Sunrise!

Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

We ate for the dinner in front of the beach, foot in the sand. Very romantic and quiet place. We had a great dinner tuna for myself (delicious) and tenderloin for my GF. Very nice and skilled waiters.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guillaume E
Reviewed 8 August 2019

We booked this at last minute and were very lucky to find the last room available at this beautiful little resort. There were 3 of us and it was perfect. The room, pool, location and staff were lovely. Highly recommend!

Room tip: We had a room with a second floor which was really nice but we weren’t in our room enough to enjoy the swings upstairs.
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Sharleen J
Reviewed 4 August 2019 via mobile

A wonderful resort. From the wonderful helpful staff, to the great breakfast provided, to the amazing bbq dinners that can prepare. Their rooms are fantastic and large. They are tastefully decorated and well looked after. After a day of exploring the island and the surrounding swim and dive locations, it was great to come back and relax by the pool before dinner. A great resort.

Trip type: Travelled with family