“Best place we stayed on the Gilli Islands”
other travellers have booked this property
view across the pool
standard room relax in the baruga
Check Availability
our common area
Our famous bircher muesli
simple but clean bathrooms
standard bungalow room
we grow our own bananas!
relax here
Breakfast here or on your terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Absinator
“Budget doesn't have to mean back to basics”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

Eden cottages "your Island home".
If your home offers a hail of mosquitoes, no hot or free fresh drinking water (given that drinking tap water here is not really an option) then this will really reflect your expectations. There are so many accommodation types which present themselves as "Eco" and "environmentally friendly" when frankly they are merely jumping on a bandwagon to suit their own pockets; this is just another example. My three friends and I comprise two environmental biologists, a graphic designer and a renewable energy specialist...this is just to set the tone that we are not against the necessity to avoid damage to the planet.
Bed sheets are not washed until the third day (unfortunately we didn't leave until the fourth so my party and I didn't get a look in on such a treat). Your towels follow the same rule, which is all rainbows and unicorns if the weather is sunny constantly, but in rainy season it is not. We basically had wet towels for 3 days. Many hotels nearby offer free bikes; considering how far the property is from the centre square. At Eden they do not. Other places may offer wifi, Eden does not - under the guise that we should be on holiday and stepping out of the norm; a lovely idea if not undermined and juxtaposed by the DVD player and TV in the bedrooms.
The cold shower is frankly traumatising; everyone loves a hot shower on either a hot or cooler day at the beach, the steam rolling off your skin and getting yourself ready for dinner and drinks with friends. Your desire and necessity for a shower (muddy tracks lead you to the property in wetter seasons) becomes a dread here, especially if the weather is cooler. Solar panels or tin buckets to warm the water during the day would be a solution as opposed to just ignoring this need for warm water. They are on holiday not at a boot camp after all.
Sadly my partner was literally eaten alive by Mosquitos and there was no net to protect us; we live in Australia and are well versed in the art of mozzy protection, but nonetheless this was a concern- the bug spray being used was ineffective and a plug in repellent might be a good additional option.
The pool is good- a great temperature and the shower next to it has considerably more pressure than the one in the rooms, the breakfast is good too- a wide menu and delicious, although again the drink options are limiting and beware the pricing on extras.
The staff are kind and helpful as was Susanne (when I was booking & arranging transfers etc she was amazing, although I hardly saw her throughout my stay).
I found the location of the cottages fantastic, quiet, but with some lovely places to eat and drink nearby - the North end of the island is certainly where I will stay again, Eden Cottages,however, is not; "budget" does not have to mean back to basics.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
8 Jan 2015
Hi Abby,
Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at Eden Cottages.
We absolutely have complimentary fresh drinking water. I showed you the dispenser of hot & cold water when you arrived and said that while I didn't sell plastic water bottles you could refill your own or use the provided glasses.
Mosquitos: yes it is the rainy season & mosquitos are everywhere. We put mosquito coils outside your door every night at dusk, and would have gladly sprayed your room had you asked. In addition, our bathrooms are open at the top to allow air ventilation but if you don't keep your bathroom door closed you will certainly end up with mosquitos in your room.
Towels: You coud have simply asked the staff or myself for new towels &/or to have your bed linen changed. It's difficult to solve problems when I don't know they exist.
Hot water. At Eden's price point I just can't provide hot water. Electricity & solar power are very expensive on Gili Trawangan and I make no claims about having hot water on my website.
Lastly, as you were leaving I asked if you enjoyed your stay, and you replied that you did. So this review is a little spiteful, in my opinion.
Sarah R
Sydney, Australia
“Best place we stayed on the Gilli Islands”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed at Eden Cottages as a young group of 4 (2 couples) for 4 nights. The resort is beautiful, peaceful, clean and a stones throw from the beach. The cottages are well positioned as you can hire a resort bike and cycle to the west side for the sunset in 5 minutes. And the hustle and bustle (which would have been noisy to stay amongst) is only a 15 minute walk.

The accommodation itself is modern and the staff and attention to detail as this resort was second to none. Between the 4 of us there was not one fault we could find.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing