“Great food”

Casa Vintage Living
Ranked #14 of 154 Restaurants in Gili Trawangan
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Description: Our roof top tapas bar and restaurant is my way of creating something with passion. I felt a place like this has been missing in Gili Trawangan and so here it is! A fusion of smaller tapas dishes from all over the world. This is the type of food I eat and cook at home. I´ve always wanted to order everything on the menu to try as much flavours as possible so that´s why you in our place can order tiny dishes to share or just munch on your own. We recommend 3 tapas per person. It's mostly vegan dishes that we serve but we have some vegitarian dishes and meat dishes to. Everything is cooked without any half produce foods or msg. Here we make everything from scratch, from boiling beans to sriracha, bread & cake baking, rawnola etc. We only use organic fresh fruit and veggies and fish cought sustainable with fishing rods instead of nets. If you do not feel like tapas we also have some hearty main dishes like beef chili, fish stew and salami wrap. Save some room for desserts!
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Special and quality dishes but average staff with bad english speaking skills. Beautiful place with story high terrace with view over the island

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Came here for dinner. Had beef taco and sweet potato wedges. The taco was not to my taste but the drinks and wedges were nice. Friendly staff and nice, quiet location above a vintage shop.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Nice place. Downstairs a vintage clothingstore (men and female). Upstairs a restaurant with a nice interior. Really good food (try the vegetarian options!!), service was okay. Price was expensive.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant based on the tripadvisor reviews and because we were really keen on having some yummy tapas.

First off we realized that there is literally no meat options on the tapas menu and the variety of vegetarian options was limited and we realised that we only had about 7-10 different tapas available to choose from. Being significantly hungry we realised that we would not find a variety substantial enough to fill us so we ordered drinks and left.

The coconut we ordered was not even cold and leaving the restaurant we could see them lying in the sun at the front door.

I guess this might be some peoples kind of food choice but we felt dissapointed at the lack of variety and also the fact that the entire menu only had 2/3 meat options (which we did not expect)

Casa V, Owner at Casa Vintage Living, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi, thank u for ur review
Yes the restaurant has mainly vegan options on the menu but we also serve 3 meat dishes. A fish and seafood stew, beef chili and beef tacos.
We have more then 7-10 tapas. And they r not Spanish tapas but just small portions so that people have the possibility of ordering many different plates of food.
Yes, coconuts are not kept in the refrigerator because they take a long time to cool down because of the size and we do not have enough fridge space. It’s more “natural” our place. U will also receive a papaya straw with ur coconut and not a plastic one as we r all about sustainablity.
I’m sorry to hear that u didn’t even try the food at my place, yet u rated the restaurant.

Hope u found something more suitable for u and ur partner.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Some of the most flavoursome food I've ever eaten! I have been back a few times and the quality is always the same, AMAZING!