“stylish and nice”
Review of Mosaiik Cafe

Mosaiik Cafe
Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Kuressaare
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recommended Restaurant 2017, 2018 Peakokkasid Märtenit ja Kristjanit ühendab sõprus ja kirg toidu vastu ning nad teavad, mis on hea! Menüüst leiab vanu tuttavaid maitseid uues võtmes ning palju värsket kohalikku kraami. Kohvik Mosaiik on suunatud inimesele, kes peab lugu hubasest interjöörist, sõbralikust teenindusest ning mõnusast koosolemisest. Kohtumiseni Mosaiigis!
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Very nice setting, good music, friendly staff, beautiful tablewear. Tea, coffee, fish soup, and a cake costed us 14 euro and change.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We went to Mosaiik for dinner on our first night in Kuressaare and weren't dissapointed. The restaurant was empty when we got there, but to be fair we visited during January when the whole city was pretty much deserted. The service was really good, atmosphere nice, good music and the food was great.
My boyfriend said the beef tartare was the best he's ever had (Pegasus in Tallinn definately has better, but it was top quality indeed). Duck and pike perch were delicious, if I'd have to complain about anything then just the sidedishes were a little plain. Had Mississippi cake for dessert which was also delicious. Oh and the gin&tonic was topnotch.
The next evening we also visited Retro cafe which was ranked #1 in Kuressaare (Mosaiik #3) and I'd definately recommend Mosaiik over Retro.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

As one of my friends recommended this place, as someone she knows (read: a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend) had said they have good burgers. Well - i must say that they do have a burger. Singular. In the city of Kuressaare during January it seems that all the locals have gone to a holiday in a warm country far away as the streets are empty and the locals that do remain, go to Mosaiik or some of the other places around the center of the city. I went there for dinner to see what's the fuzz about. The place is great and they have something for everyone. The choice is not very wide and the snack options are very limited (would love to see how they would do chicken wings) as i believe there were only 3 things on the menu. The service was great and i do remember a funny miscommunication issue. My girlfriend really likes Tequila Sunrise cocktail and she asked that from the waiter. The waiter then asked to confirm "Tequila?", which we presumed that just the first part was unclear (maybe they have some other cocktails that end with "Sunrise") and my girlfriend said "Yes". After a bit she received a shot of tequila, which was funny and of course we weren't mad - that shot was then used in our cocktail which was fine by us. The burger was good, but the bun was too crisp for my taste - should be softer, but still remain slightly crisp. On the side i had Pihtla Kolm Venda and Okas Kurku beers which i have tried before, but now wanted to remind myself how they were. The chicken salad was also great as not by me, but my girlfriend's taste. Will definitely visit them again!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Visited it twice during my stay in Kuressaare this winter. First sat with my boyfriend and had a tea and he had a coffee. Happened to have 2 TV screens above our table: one with a film for grown-ups and the other with cartoons for children. Guess which one we happened to follow? Cartoons! There was a Lego guys prison scene going on.. or maybe it was for grown-ups.. anyway, second time ended up the same place with my local friend and we had desserts and cocoa and tea and cappuccino. All very nice. I had an apple dessert with crumbs and ice cream and my boyfriend a sea buckthorn creme brûlée. Even the sea buckthorn dessert was nice, although I first suspected that this stuff is too acid and inedible. But it turned out to be a nice one instead. Recommend the place.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

One of the most surprising places in Kuressaare. Don't be driven away by ambient, it's a bit like a family restaurant
The food is absolutely amazing, we went there with the family of 6 and everyone had a lovely dinner experience. Definitely worth to try.