All reviews old town junior suite laurent perrier champagne great hotel gaia restaurant adult pool is breakfast buffet is best hotel on the island modern art pool side stylish hotel turn down service amazing pool breakfast was amazing perfect service the hotel offers standard room
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Service is outstanding, the place is beautiful and center located !
Only one little inconvenient, pool is not heated which prevented us to swim.
The food was great, service is really high standing, someone is coming while you’re on your sunbath and ask to clean your sunglasses.
The room was modern, beautiful bathroom, and the must from this hotel is the breakfast, just wow !! it was literally the best breakfast I ever had...! (I do travel a lot)
Just go for this amazing hotel ! :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
IbizaGranHotel5GL, Director General at Ibiza Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Mickael M,

We appreciate your time sharing this review. It is wonderful to read such a nice comment. In name of the hotel staff and myself, I would like to thank you for choosing us and we hope to welcome you very soon.

Best,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Another stay at the Ibiza Gran. On the upside; breakfast is even better, 5J jamon, prosciutto cotto and mortadela hand sliced, amazing array of juices, delicatessen and breads... all of this up to 12am! All suites have fine views over the port and Ibiza town, staff is uncommonly helpful.
On the other hand me and my wife had expensive massages with very unexperienced masseuses. Below what you would expect with such a place. There was also confusion on whether guests could use the water spa without engaging in a treatment and finally the hotel has a Bentley Bentiaga for customers use but seems unwilling to share it with loyal returning customers. It also puzzled me that coming regularly since 2013 the database didn't recognise me. I still think its the best hotel in the island, will return and recommend it, but they have to go an extra mile

Room Tip: ask for a room directly facing Dalt Villa
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joao C
IbizaGranHotel5GL, Director General at Ibiza Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Joao C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay and your kind words regarding the breakfast. We are continually trying to improve the variety and quality of our F&B offer.
For your next visit to the island, you will be transferred by our Bentley Bentayga.

Raúl Sierra.
General Manager.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I have had an underwhelming experience at the Ibiza Gran, having stayed in a Suite (c. EUR1000/night) and the Gran Suite Dalt Villa (EUR4100/night). Please see my summary below.

1 Rooms (6/10)

The rooms are reasonably nice, with sleak, modern interior design features. Somewhat impersonal, but certainly spacious, in particular both the suite, in which I spent one night as well as the Gran Suite Dalt Villa, where I spent two nights. Both come with a large terrace. The Gran Suite also has a small pool. The most basic rooms don't have a terrace and face the backside of the building, including a four meter wide sewage channel, so avoid those!

2 Overall Impression/Charme (2/10)

Stepping on the terrace of your room, be prepared for the least impressive view of the entire island (apart from the backside of the local power plant), facing a totalitarian-style appartment block directly opposite and to the left, and port facilities to the right, with the old town only visible behind. The website images of views of the old town are highly deceptive, this should be kept in mind. The hotel building itself is of a similar style, the area seems to have been developed when planning permissions were handed out like toilet paper. While prices resemble the Eden Roc in Cap d'Antibes or the Sirenuse in Positano, the charme you will get is more akin to Blackpool or Magaluf. If you are sensitive to that, don't stay here. If you wanna be as close as possible to Pacha Club, and you are anyways impaired and/or asleep during the day, that's a different story of course. For those, both window blinds and air-con are in a good state!

3 Food (4/10)

The poolside restaurant I would rate as a 6/10, with an ok variety, some healthy choices and friendly service. Overall not amazing, but ok. The room service was closer to a 2/10. The room service pizza was atrocious, and highly likely coming directly from the freezers of the supermarket across the street. Be prepared to wait for your order for a considerable amount of time, it may also include warm beers in buckets full of water instead of ice cubes, and you starters may have been forgotten. Given the many fantastic restaurants on the island, one might wonder why this high end hotel did not manage to create a similar product of culinary excellence.

4 Service (3/10):

I moved from the regular suite to the Gran Suite Dalt Villa after a night, trying to alleviate the lingering "Magaluf-Concrete-Feeling" with an arguably more lavish room choice. The Gran Suite Dalt Villa has 150sqm size, for the mentioned EUR4100/night. It was advertised at EUR5000/night but I was immediately granted a discount on request, so I doubt anyone ever pays that full rate. So if you go for that, ask for a discount! The suite has two bedrooms and I was joined by a friend of mine who was also staying at the hotel, he stayed in a junior suite standard view (c. EUR400/night). The hotel manager insisted on continuing to charge his room, so we had an additional empty room at our hands in the hotel. Needless to say, this did not leave a good impression, it would have been a rounding error in the final bill and given the high demand on the island at the time of booking the hotel would have likely been able to sell it again.
The above mentioned issues with the room service added to an overall unsatisfactory impression with regards to service, again, in particular for a hotel commanding these high end prices.

In summary, unless you don't care about lack of charme, average food and average service, book somewhere else (e.g. the Nobu Hotel which is better at all of these categories and similarly priced). Ibiza has a lack of high end hotels, which has certainly helped this hotel's ability to charge high end prices for a medium product. However, recently, there has been some movement with new developments, creating more choice, I highly recommend looking into those alternatives instead.

Finally, I had raised some of my impressions with the hotel in an email after my stay, with no response. Disappointing, considering I spent c. 11k in three days at the hotel. Had the hotel been more responsive or proactive, I still wouldn't have recommended it, but very likely I would have refrained from spending the time to write this review.

Room Tip: Junior Suite Panoramic and Grand Suite have ok views, rest face 1970s concrete or the backside sewage channel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonIbiza2018
IbizaGranHotel5GL, Director General at Ibiza Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hello LondonIbiza2018,

We thank you for taking the time to give us an evaluation of your stay, we are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments help us to improve our service, we assure you that your complaints will be shared with the staff.

Thanks again for having taken the time to write such a detailed review and accept our most sincere apologies.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. Rooms are huge in size with a big balcony attached to each room. The bathtub is in the middle of the room and it looks amazing. The service is great. The staff is very helpful and caring. Had a great time at the hotel. Limited in terms of shopping area inside the hotel. Would definitely come back and stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank SadhooAbhishek
IbizaGranHotel5GL, Director General at Ibiza Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear SadhooAbhishek,

Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review of Ibiza Gran Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to read your feedback and we are delighted to know that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Raúl Sierra.
General Manager.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This Hotel is Really no Recommendation! We've booked a Junior Suite for three persons with sea View. At the Arrival We we're told that our Suite is just for Two People and We have to Pay 175€ on Top for an additional bed. Also Sea View was not avaivable - instead our balcony was directly Facing the Pool.
The Service Girl was very unfriendly and Not willing to help.
The so called Junior Suite looks like loads of People have already Checked in.
The Pool Area is very nice indeed - but a lot of Children are playing there.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nadja G
IbizaGranHotel5GL, Director General at Ibiza Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Nadja G,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and we recommend you to contact the hotel prior the arrival so we can personalize your stay as per your requirements. The booking confirmation made on the website was for 2 adults, exceptionally, the hotel offered you an alternative solution for the third person at the reception desk.

We hope to see you again, kindly contact us at +34 971 806 806 and we will be glad to assist you.

Best Regards,