We used the villa for our annual business retraite. It is a well equipped modern house with stunning views on the lake and surrounding mountains. Very inspiring from the living room on the second floor. The sun rises and sets perfectly and despite the short days in winter it was very bright and warm. The other living room on the first floor was perfect because of the AV-equipment. Definitely will book this place more often!
We enjoyed a wonderful weekend in Minusio and were very happy with the "Villa Bella Vista".
About the House:
- We were arriving with two cars and there were parking spots for both available direclty at the property. We were two couples staying for the weekend.
- The living area is spread over two floors so both get their privacy. There's also two extra beds in an extra room as well. All was clean, tidy and tastefully furnished.
- All equipment is state of the art and we did not miss anything in the kitchen.
- The terrace was amazing. You can enjoy a wonderful view over Lago Maggiore and the mountains.
What we appreciated:
- Easy key hand over
- Very clean and tidy
- Two keys
- Professional communication (contract, map, tourist info, etc.)
Things to improve or which we did not like:
- The bed in the main room downstairs is very soft. We did not sleep well and changed to the room with the two extra beds.
- We would have been happy if there were a few coffee capsules ready and included in the price :) luckily one of us brought some Nespresso capsules
I'd thoroughly recommend this lovely villa - spacious, modern and well located for Locarno, Ascona, etc. Perched just above the north western shores of Lake Maggiore the mountain and lake views are quite spectacular. The lake itself is about a twenty minute downhill walk from the villa, with Locarno then a fairly easy 15 minute level walk alongside the lake. We were particularly lucky with the weather during our stay, with warm sunshine the whole time. This particular part of Switzerland has a wonderful mediterranean micro-climate, so visitors can expect good sunny weather for a lot of the year. We loved it!
Our 2 couples visit to Villa Bella Vista could not have been more seamless in its perfection. The owners, Sabine and Arthur, made the entire event so easy with excellent thorough communications, directions, instructions and coordination of all aspects of the trip.
The villa is gorgeous, the kitchen quite modern and well furnished, the beds and linens and furniture comfortable and quite nice. Lots of great places to walk and eat in the town. We took hikes and visited nearby towns that were fascinating.
We would return in a heartbeat to Villa Bella Vista!