All reviews excellent hotel sun loungers eggs benedict special mention spent nights here hotel restaurants perfect stay reception staff lake view judith property housekeeping spa leisure euro desenzano situation
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days after a city break in Milan, initially in a Suite which we had upgraded from a Junior Suite. The room was very high quality, lovely modern furnishings and very spacious although the bathroom was slightly old fashioned albeit perfectly acceptable. I really don't think the pictures on their website do the rooms justice, they are much more spacious than you get an impression of.
After an early start we eventually went to bed only to be woken up by the quite loud noise of the family next door coming back to their room - this was due to there being an adjoining door between the rooms - I certainly wouldn't recommend staying in this type of room. We discussed this with reception & were moved to a Junior Suite the next day - reception staff were very helpful with this and we actually preferred the room in the end over the more expensive Suite & was more modern.
The standard of service from all staff we encountered was incredibly high.
Rooms were very clean & promptly made up/turned down.
There were more than enough sun loungers available both round the pool & in the garden area that had a fabulous lake view - be warned though that there are cabanas that look great but carry a 50 Euro per day charge so don't sit on them by mistake - although they do have a type of warning on them.
the variety of drinks available was great & quite reasonably priced in terms of the quality of product, the standard of the hotel & in comparison to nearby bars & restaurants.
The bar staff were very personable & interesting - really nice people to chat with and served well informed options.
Breakfast included probably the best omlette AND eggs Benedict we've ever had! they were both truly delicious.
I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel! really high quality!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Splendido Bay a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed our 4 nights there. We stayed at one of the units facing the pool and I would really recommend those as they are quite private, well located and very comfortable. On a side note, our unit had probably the quietest air conditioner of any hotel I had ever stayed at!

Morning breakfast is included and is fabulous. We also used the same restaurant for lunch a couple of times. I would also recommend to book a dinner t their seafood restaurant Acuariva which is just off the property but hey have a free shuttle that takes you there and back. It is definitely a high end place with great food and very attentive service.

I would definitely stay there again...

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2018

I stayed here as a family of four. Whole hotel great, lovely staff, beautifully done, fabulous location. Judith however was more helpful than anyone in any hotel I have ever been to. She went above and beyond and helped us with special food requests etc. She really made our trip and we are so so grateful. I would highly recommend the hotel and would go back in a shot. Thank you

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

We, 4 of us, were staying in this hotel for a few days. Hotel is neat and stylish, service is very professional.
We all agreed that bathrooms are very good : new, clean, spacious enough. Bath products by Etro. Minus point - hairdryer is very heavy, so better take yours with you.
SPA is very nice, very calm, new sauna and hammam, wonderful swimming pool!
Good breakfast.
I would like to add a special thank you word for the reception staff. My husband and our friend got sick during our stay (food poisoning somewhere, not in the hotel). It was a nightmare! In this situation staff was very helpful : they got us medication from the pharmacy nearby, called the doctor, arranged late check out and were all in all very friendly.
I would definitely come back here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We have just spent 3 nights here following Milan and Lake Lugano (separate reviews) and this is a wow the moment you enter. I saw that someone was given a welcome drink and snack which we weren’t which would have been a nice touch.
Special mention and thanks goes to Tony who is great and I’m sure the hotel would thrive -service wise if he was the manager.. we were taken to our room which was lovely and modern (newly refurbished) with a coffee pod machine(no kettle), dressing gowns, slippers and flip flops, large bathroom and shower but there were 2 adults and 2 children and the sofa bed was ridiculous. There was no way 2 children were sleeping in that for 3 nights! Tony showed us a room opposite which was larger with a separate master bedroom and they had a sofa bed and gave us another cot bed. They tried to charge us 100 Euro a night to upgrade but this was not an option for us as they need to provide sleeping facilities for the amount of people that have booked. Tony eventually managed to have the charge waivered which was great. The toilet seat was broken and although they tried to fix it the following day it broke again.
The bed was very comfortable and huge. Great sized tv but again hardly any options for us English. They were smart TVs but I couldn’t seem to connect to use chrome cast for Netflix.
The pool is lovely and overlooked the lake. The music was very chilled and created a nice vibe. I would compare it to a chilled Ibiza feel and veering towards a sensatori resort but only when they sort their service out.
Getting the beach towels was painful. They should provide these in your room in the evening but instead do it around 11/12 during the day. So I wasted 30 minutes waiting for these to arrive.
They really need to offer more at the pool bar in terms of food/snacks. They also need to put room numbers at the start of the path to your room as we constantly went into the wrong one!
The buffet breakfast was lovely with a good spread.
The pool wasn’t busy the days we were there so always managed to get a spot for 4 of us. The cabanas are nice until I realised they were 50euros a day! Needless to say they were mostly empty. I would say if you are going to charge then 25euro max would fill these up quicker. All in all a beautiful place but will be amazing once they deal with some issues they have.

Trip type: Travelled with family