Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$625
US$509
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$337
US$326
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
US$383
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
US$274
3 929
1 805
3 929
1 805
All reviewswave poollazy riverstar friendskids clubswim up barseafoodcajun restaurantice creamspecialty restaurantsplaya del carmenel fogonjambalayaother resortsfamily vacationmain buffetdinner reservationstacos
45 - 50 of 6 644 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our 4th trip to an all inclusive in Mexico and our second stay at an Iberostar. We booked through Expedia and traveled with our 11 year old son.

When we arrived, our room was not ready, but we were prepared for that and headed to the buffet to grab a bit and right into the pool. It was a good thing we did this because every day for the next 6 days, there was no sun and it rained.

Our Room
Our building was 54, were on the 2nd floor. First night, red stains on sheets, pen? They came and changed them. The shower head was black mold. We let them know, they came and took care of it. Tiny, tiny ants on the nightstand. I killed them, never saw them again. After the first night, the room was fine. Husband called and told them to turn off the air conditioner sensor. They did and it stayed cold all the time. We loved how responsive they were to us.

Pools
Main party pool was great size but there was a ring of black mold all around the pool starting at the water line. We did not lean against the wall because of it. The walkway to the ruins, the wave pool and the sport pool were all clean. We were there during the tropical depression and when it is raining, the water features are turned off. This really disappointed my husband and son. They turn off the waterfalls and don't run the wave pool. Not sure why?

Restaurants
We were surprised at how many employees could not speak English. They wanted us to point to the items on the menu. In the Sports Bar, we figured the server would have heard the word "wings" before, especially when they have such a limited menu. Speaking of sports bar, it was our savior. The air was on, the room was clean and the food was decent - thought the service was lacking. Son had wings there when he couldn't find something to eat at dinner.
The steak restaurant was the worst. The music was 80s rock and it was too loud. The steak was lousy.

The Japanese restaurant was the best and it tasted just as good as what we get at home.

They flies in the buffets were too much for me to handle. They hover around the fruit and the dessert, I didn't have either. I figured out how to get the bread out of the bread box, toast it and eat hard boiled egg with it for breakfast. My husband had the omelette which ensured food that had not been fly touched. Call me crazy, but it grosses me out. My son ate the yogurt and the cereal which both came in wrappers.

We were just not impressed with the food at this resort.

Entertainment
The theater was nice and breezy and they pass out popcorn and there were good servers. The shows were okay- hokey, but okay.

Beach
Walked to the beach to get lunch. We could not sit down at the beach because the smell of the seaweed was disgusting.

Shopping Center
The shopping center was at least a diversion for us during the rain. We stopped at the Star Cafe and had tea and frappes. This was a highlight for us. Also the taco bar was a nice feature of the center.

Alcohol
Husband was very happy with the alcohol selection and felt we had good service.

Basically, if you are going for fun and drinks in the sun, it is great. The food is disappointing. We won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank andvium
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

It was our pleasure to have hosted you at Iberostar Paraíso Lindo during your recent trip to Mexico.

We are glad to read your review which highlights so many aspects of the resort, such as the quick and efficient assistance from our staff, the food at the Japanese restaurant and the Sports Bar, the high quality of our drinks, the shows and ambience at the theater, as well as the variety of dishes and amenities at the Shopping Center.

On the other hand, we regret to know that our gastronomic offer was not of your liking. Our Chefs constantly strive to provide varied options and assorted flavors to satisfy the palate of our guests coming from all over the world. It is our aim to enhance the quality of our different services, therefore, your valuable observations will be taken into consideration by our Management.

It will be an honor to have the pleasure to host you back for the 3rd time at any of our Iberostar Hotels & Resorts around the world.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From the getting onto the coach at the airport and checking into the hotel to checking out at the end of our stay, we couldn't have wished for such an easy uncomplicated holiday and check in and out process.
We were in block 53 on the ground floor at the back of the towel hut at the side of the pool. This was excellent for us as it was so close to the pool and pretty central for the whole hotel. The room was a standard double room but was plenty big enough for the two of us. We requested a room with just a shower and no bath as I have mobility problems and cannot get into a bath. The hotel did us proud as I did email them a couple of weeks before our holiday regarding my mobility problems and they sorted it out for us.
There was a small fridge which had plenty of water, pop and beer in it Our maid Marcial was excellent and he restocked our fridge daily. We asked him for no sugar pop as my husband is diabetic and there was no problem with that.. There was a large built in wardrobe with a quite large safe in it. It was big enough to hold our 9" i-pads and plenty more items. The balcony was huge! and there was table and chairs and a pull out clothes airer. The air con stops working if you have the door open for a short amount of time.
There was a hair dryer and small magnifying mirror in the bathroom as well as a really good shower with an enormous shower head which was very invigorating.
Our kingsize bed had a mattress topper on it which made it really comfortable. There was a digital clock on the bedside table which had a telephone and phone charging point attached to it.The air con was set at 22 degrees but if you asked the concierge they would lower it for you.
We never had a bad meal. The buffet restaurant had different theme nights and a large range of different foods, which I suppose could get a bit repetative but this didn't bother us. We were just so grateful to be in such a wonderful hotel in a wonderful country. We always asked for Johnny the waiter in a morning. He always remembered us and which drink we wanted.The sports bar had a set menu but the food was second to none and you didn't have to book a table! It was so good and the sharing burger was just that! It was huge! but really tasty. We ate at the Rock Cafe at the Del Mar which you didn't have to book it was excellent also. If you wanted other snacks throughout the day then there was the Plaza shopping centre which had a cafe serving coffees pop snacks. There was a taco shop and burger shop and crepe shop. You could even get free sweets between 4pm and 10pm at a little kiosk up there.There were a variety of pre bookable a la cartes which we booked with our concierge, Victor, who was really nice and so helpful. He was based in the lobby area. All the concierge were really nice and helpful and they were in every block of the hotel. We just seemed to take to Victor and saw him if ever we had a problem or was unsure of anything.
Because we were stopping in the Lindo we had access to the other sister hotels in the complex which were the Beach and Del Mar. The other 2 hotels - the Maya and Grand were beautiful to go and look around but we weren't allowed to use the facilities there.
There were always plenty of sun loungers around and there were staff checking that they were being used and not just occupied by towels all day. The pool was always clean and there were lots of walk in or easy access areas to it. The beach had quite a lot of seaweed on it when we went and it was a full time job for the staff cleaning it up every day. There were snacks served down there all day which the local wildlife enjoyed clearing up if any was dropped.The Coates are so cute and just mind their own business.
We went into the theatre every night to watch the show which we really enjoyed. To be honest, we really looked forward to the ice breaker which was on just before the shows. The entertainment team were brilliant! They were all approachable and chatty. They were good with the poolside entertainment too.
Even though we have no children it is a really child friendly hotel. There was a kids club and they also did a show on a night before the main show.
The bar staff were all really nice and soon got used to what drink you had.
There was one person that really made our holiday special and that was Perla the young lady that sold the cigars on an evening. She was really so nice and always happy.
All in all we absolutely loved this holiday. Even though the hotel was busy, it wasn't over noisy. We love Ibersostar hotels as wherever you go you know the quality that you are going to get! We loved it so much that we have booked to go back next year and we are taking our neice and her son with us. We cannot wait! Thankyou for having us and we cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was excellent. Looking round though they all seemed excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie W

Dear guest,

We would like to start by thanking you for having chosen to spend your most recent vacations with us at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

We are happy to know we exceeded your expectations regarding our hospitality, beautiful facilities, wildlife, and gastronomic delicacies.

Furthermore, we are delighted to read that our nightly shows, the comfort of your room and our entertainment activities were of your liking, we will share your kind comments with our team, especially with Marcial, Jonhny, Victor and Perla, and will congratulate them for their excellent work.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel for a week with my husband and 2 boys ages 13 & 11 and they had a great time despite 5 days of rain :( The main pool, lazy river & wave pool saved us. Unfortunately the seaweed was too much for us to stay at the beach. The seaweed is a problem with most hotels, not just this one. The food was okay, we've stayed at some other properties where I felt like I could go to the same a la carte a few days in a row because the menu was so good but at the Lindo there was nothing that stood out. It wasn't horrible food, everyone ate & survived, even the kids. My only comment is that I wish the entertainment team made more accommodations for us during the rain. There were plenty of people in the pool in the rain I wish they would have done more activities to keep our mind off the weather. They did 1 pool game everyday at 4pm but they should have done more games/water games - pool volleyball, water polo, ping pong tournament, etc.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Tina M
Quality Manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you at Iberostar Paraíso Lindo.

It is great to hear that you and your family spent the best time enjoying the pools, lazy river and wave pool, as well as by being part of the activities at the pool.

We regret to know that the variety of the food did not met your expectations, we will share your opinion with our Executive Chef for its review and consideration. We appreciate all your recommendations as they will help us to improve our service.

It would be a pleasure to provide you with another great family vacation in a near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I am currently at the airport from leaving the resort. We stayed for 6 days and 5 nights. I was pleasantly surprised by the hospitality upon arriving at Lindo, everyone is so sweet and accommodating (for the most part).

We had a group of 15 persons ranging from young adults to seasoned adults and everyone had a ball.

The biggest issue is that we were unable to accommodated for dinner at some of the restaurants due to the size of our group. This did baffle me considering most of the restaurants weren’t even halfway full most nights. Another issue was the quality of the food .. knowing that we were at an all inclusive resort I wasn’t expecting top of the line at the buffets but some of the food was down right disgusting. I can say that El Fogon steakhouse was pretty good and the burgers and fries at Corner Sports Bar was great (just expect to wait at least 30 minutes for your food, even if you are the only one in the restaurant).

The pools were amazing, always at a great temperature and spacious for everyone. I didn’t have any issues with people holding seats or anything and there were plenty of chairs when we went. The beach was OK, the seaweed did take away from its beauty but I know that’s natural. The resort employees did do their best to keep them in piles, but they did not haul the piles off they just left them on the beach.

The rooms were another OK! My significant other and myself booked a Superior Junior Suite, at first we were given a room that did not have working light switches, no patio furniture, the room had a light odor and the view was of what appeared to be the laundry room. I spoke with the attendants at the front desk and requested to be moved to another building (51) and they got us moved the next morning. The new room I had no complaints, everything was clean, worked properly (kind of) and had a spectacular view of the pool. The main issue with the room was the Safe. We had to call security twice to get our safe open since it was faulty and would not let us put in the correct code or when we did it gave us an error message. This was extremely inconveniencing because it took security a moment to get to us.

Room Tip: Building 51 has an AMAZING view of the pool.

The full resort itself was very beautiful, yet a bit outdated.

Overall the trip we had was pretty good and I would return to the resort, maybe next time opting to stay at Grand.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank bbwilmore

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Iberostar Paraiso Lindo.

We are proud to know that the highlights of your stay were the great service of our staff, the Steak House restaurant and the Corner Sports Bar. Moreover, we are glad to read that our beautiful facilities and pools were of your liking.

On the other hand, we regret to hear that you could not get reservations for all your family and friends at the same restaurant, and we kindly suggest you to contact our Public Relations staff prior your arrival to make your reservations beforehand and ensure availability.

Furthermore, as our guests’ culinary experience is a very important aspect for us we are disappointed to read that some of our food options were not of your liking, and we assure you that we will share your comments with our Executive Chef, in order to improve our services.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again at any of our Iberostar Hotels & Resorts.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was good, rained 80% of the time there, The staff was amazing. special thanks to Cesar, our morning waiter, he was always there, going out of his way for anything and everything we needed.
Because of the weather we only did 1 excursion, Aventuras Mayas, ATV - Cave swimming - Zip Lining, Violet was the young lady that helped set this up for us and got us all taken care of for our journey to the jungle,our guides were Federico and Jesus these 2 guys were amazing, we had a large group and they were right there with us all at every turn.
I really can't say enough about the people that work at or with this facility, I only wish that I had the names of all the people that helped to make our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: We had a Jr Suite and loved it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mctebrake1

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Iberostar Paraiso Lindo as a wedding destination.

It is gratifying to read your lovely review highlighting the attentive and personalized service of all our team, comments like yours allow to know if we are following the right path towards our main goal; our guests’ satisfaction, and we are honored to know that our team provided you with a memorable and unique experience.

We will be glad to welcome you and your loved ones in a near future.

Kindly,