“A really great experience!”
Review of Scubafun

Scubafun
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A girlfriend and I dove with Scubafun for 7 dives while working on our Advanced Open Water Certifications. It could not have been a better experience! Sanne was awesome in helping us figure out which sites we wanted, then helped us design our course program and get it scheduled so that we got to do everything we wanted to within our time frames. We loved diving at all of the sites (much better than anticipated). Marko and Nick were diligent and thorough in the training and safety aspects of our diving but also good fun, personable and really made us feel like the most special divers they'd had all season. (which they do for all of their customers). They encouraged us to take care of our own gear to practice our necessary self-sufficiency but were also right there to manage our gear and take care of us when we wanted to be lazy and do "princess diving". The owner Johnny leads the same "most special divers" ambiance despite the thousands of divers they see each year, even driving us home after our first day after touring town and taking in lunch. Scubafun included pick-up each morning and return each afternoon along with arranging our airport transfers both ways. We had the same driver most days and it was a tremendous add knowing that was taken care of each day with very little thought, effort or money management on our parts. A true plus! I don't want to keep gushing about my experience but Scuba fun also provides fruit and pasties during each dive day (which is SO welcomed when you are famished after your first dive!!) as well as soda and rum beverages after your dive day has been completed. We had music on board our day of diving at Catalina Island with a genuine but totally relaxed party vibe making that day a little extra fun. The crews and captains were all great... personable, professional, accommodating. Really nice boats (nicest Ive probably ever been on) and good rental gear. They even have a small neighborhood dog named "Goofy" who comes in bouncing around welcoming you each morning. I think everyone leaves after diving with Scubafun feeling like they made new friends. Our vacation with Scubafun could not have been better!!!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"nice reef"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We found that Scuba Fun was perfect for both a diver and a snorkeler on the same trip to Catalina Island. From the first email until the time we paid after the dive (with a little hiccup on our part) they were very accommodating and easy to work with. I felt that the Dive Master, Gulash, was very attentive to all of our needs and very professional on my dives at the Wall and the Aquarium. We will certainly be contacting Scuba Fun the next time we are in the Dominican for our snorkeling and diving needs.

2  Thank greatday4golf
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked online after a friend referral
The staff are very friendly and flexible on accommodating your schedule and needs
At first I thought the dive centre itself would benefit from a facelift, but realised the boats are by far the best of all five centres in the area, the day trips are lot of fun and very well organised, and we had an amazing experience.
Excellent team, thank you to Johnny ( the owner), Sanne and the whole crew
Would definitely go back and dive with them!

2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was a bit apprehensive about what we might find as some said diving in DR was not as good. I beg to differ. We saw many colors and fish and had a variety to choose from. This is great because it is on the calm side of the island. It was a long drive from Punta Cana but worth it. I would definitely choose to stay closer. Area was safe. Transportation provided by the dive shop was reliable and friendly. The owner even loaned me his dive booties since I was scuffed up after diving without mine the first day. Great guides. The shallow wreck was our first and well worth it. I didn't care much for Catalina island, too crowded but no fault of the operators. I would come back here again to dive and use this shop! Safe and very easy to work with. We had planned to dive three days in a row but it was too much with the drive. They were very agreeable about adjustments. Top Notch!!

2  Thank hyfalkner