“Absolutely the best and most professional Diving Centre in Bayahibe DR”
Review of Scubafun

Scubafun
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

John at Scbafun and his team are awesome. I am currently taking the open water scuba course. A little nervous at first, but my instructor Nico could not have been any better at assisting and teaching me the new skills required to dive. Right from the classroom, through to my first and second dive. His patience for the beginner and encouragement is to be commended. I must say that the confidence I have now acquired to date is only due to the personal time that my instructor Nico has invested in me, staying constantly by my side, providing encouragement to advance and only to advance at my own comfortable pace. Nico's colegue Marco along with Sannea were also available to assist and answer any questions one might have. The knowledge base the Scubafun Team has for this exilerating sport of scuba diving is simply infinite! I can't finish without giving credit to Lieze (Scubafun's upcoming divemaster) making my experience memorable and safe as she swam by my side on my first dive, being my cofidedent buddy, also providing me insight and knowledge.
To the owner John Sack, your kind encouragement to progress, along with your peronal commitment to safe and fun diving, tells it all as you and your staff provide it.
No one needs to look any further than Scubafun for diving in Bayahibe!
Best regards,
Bob and Andrea from Toronto, Canada.

1  Thank BobhasST1300
in 18 reviews
"st george"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just came back from an amazing 10 days trip to Dominican Republic and I can definitely say this company made our trip unforgettable.
We didn’t know about ScubaFun, and ended getting a 7 days diving package with a different company from Punta Cana. Since we wanted to dive in the Bayahibe area as well, they sent us to them for 2 days (2 dive a day) of diving. Guess what? We liked so much that we transferred our last day of diving to Bayahibe instead Punta, just to be in the water with ScubaFun!
We did El Penon, the museum, St George, Atlantic Princess (twice), Saona... and I wish we could have done more!
The company follows schedule, the boats are very well maintain, captains and dive master are very knowledgeable, and all their employees are wonderful. Cheers and a huge thanks to Mark, our dive master for all the dives.
We can’t wait to be back. And we will!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Many thanks to Johnny, Sanne, and especially Nick to make this a memorable vacation. From my first email inquiring about dives, to the follow up email long after we were gone, this team has been wonderful to work with. Sanne answered all my questions and helped us plan four days of diving.

Nick is an expert diver and worked hard to make sure we saw all we could on each dive. He took care of our gear and made sure we were properly outfitted at the start of each day. His knowledge of the area and diving make him a wonderful asset to the shop.

Meeting the owner Johnny was like finding a long-lost brother. Very nice shop you have there my friend. We will be back! Semper Fi.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My wife and I spent three days diving with ScubaFun. This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic. We first visited Catalina Island, then Penon, then the St. George and Atlantic Princess wrecks on our final day. Every single dive was amazing. We saw beautiful coral reefs full of aquatic life: colorful fish, moray eels, crabs, rays, trumpet fish, etc. The wrecks were also an absolute blast. Additionally, Nico, our dive guide for all three days, was one of the best guides we've ever had. If you have him, or anyone else at ScubaFun, I am certain you will have a great time. To top it all off, we enjoyed Cuba Libres and Santo Libres on our rides back to shore. I highly recommend using ScubaFun for any trip to the Dominican Republic. And this trip has convinced us to return to Bayahibe in the future.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2017

I don't know where to start, first great communication with Sanne before holiday, all booked in advance. I managed 6 dives and 2 trips to Saona and Catalina with family.Picked us up from hotel as promised. All instructors I dived with( Nico,Goulash, Rubio )very experienced ,also Marco as guide on our Catalina trip. John owner of scubafun also a great guy offered me to take me to the local cigar shop when i asked where to buy some high quality cigars. Shop owner gave me even discount when found out that John sent me :). So amazing experience and would definitely use them again.