“Excursion to Saona Island! Great Crew! Wonderful time.”
Review of Scubafun

Scubafun
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Snorkeling and a trip to Saona island! Great crew! Great equipment! Wonderful time! This is our fourth excursion with them.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

We choose Scuba Fun to dive with on our Dominican Republic Trip initially because they were so very responsive to our emails. We stayed with Scuba Fun because Scuba Fun was the only dive OP that actually took the time to lay out a package for us that included all of our requested dives, such as afternoon and night dives, island trips and the total price for the diving. Other companies sent us to their web site to review pricing.
Diving with Scuba fun was awesome; they were fun, professional and well organized. We even added a Discover Scuba trip for my daughter and grandson and they dove Peñon with us on their second dive.
We had private diving with Scuba fun with the exception of our Island Trips. Favorite dive was our late afternoon trip to St George followed by our night dive in the Viva Shallows. The late afternoon made the wreck kinda creepy and very cool. Lots of Fish around the top of the wreck. One of my all-time best dives.
I want to especially tank Goulash, Marco and Sanne for making our DR trip so memorable.
There first response was “We are happy to put together a great custom dive package for you.
We offer free transportation from your hotel and if you bring your own dive gear you can leave it with us and we will rinse it each day and have it on the boat for you the next.
We have available 6 boats, 4 large custom dive catamarans from 36 to 45 feet and 2 smaller boats so we can cater to your dive needs.
We have the Islands best reef diving and 2 great wreck dives, the St George deep wreck (awesome dive) and one of my favorite dives and the Atlantic Princess a shallow wreck and great dive as well. We offer all the local sites and also offer a lot of sites that no one else goes to.
We will take you to all different sites. We can offer you the opportunity to do afternoon dives as well as night dives!!!!!
We also offer great all day Island diving and snorkeling trips that include some of the islands best dives and Dominican style buffet lunch on beautiful Caribbean beaches.
I would recommend a package that includes the wrecks, Catalina Island one day, one day at Peñon (my favorite reed dives on the Island) and some great reef dive the other days and maybe a night dive!!!!!
You will be delighted if you choose Scuba Fun for your DR Diving.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Just returned from my 2nd dive trip in 2 yrs with this group, and cannot say enough good things about them ! Was paired with Gulash again (at my request) for 11 dives on 5 consecutive days including my 1st night dive !! Gulash is fantastic, but Marko and the rest of the instructors are top notch. John, the owner, gave me a terrific deal $$ on my 11 dives.

If planning a trip to DR, be it Punta Cana or Bayahibe area, do NOT dive with anyone else ! Already looking forward to my next trip down !!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I had the pleasure to dive with Scubafun. I was referred to them by my resort. They were great to work with. I was able to schedule diving during my trip to DR via e-mail prior to my trip. When I arrived, the staff welcomed me and made sure that I had everything that I needed. The dive masters covered the dive plan for the day and ensured I was comfortable with the planned dives.
Day one, I did the Saona day trip. We did a dive at the Atlantic Princess wreck and a second dive at Ruben reef near Saona island. Ruben I think was less visited so it was a very nice reef. Visibility was decent. There had been storms in area just before I arrived so water was still a little stirred up. After diving went to Saona island for a buffet lunch. Great food. Nice beach to relax on. Return trip had a stop at Piscina Natural which is a fairly shallow area away from shore that allowed us to play in water and relax. Nice sandy bottom with a few star fish around. Great to take pictures with.
Day two was a half day of diving with stops at St. George wreck. Very nice wreck. Able to do swim through easily. Not much coral, some marine life. Due to the dept of this wreck we did two safety stops at the recommendation of dive master. After this dive we went to second reef, unfortunately I don't recall the name. This was a great dive. Lots of marine life. A shallower dive with plenty of time to explore.
I am very pleased with my decision to work with Scubafun and look forward to the opportunity to work with them again when I visit DR.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

This place is amazing! Ask for Nick the Intructor when you come! The highlight of the trip was the staff!