“Superior diving experience”

Diving Dominican Republic
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Family run PADI certified dive boat operation in Bayahibe, on the Caribbean coast of Dominican Republic, specializing in private scuba diving, scuba lessons and trips. The schedule is done completely by the clients (weather / sea conditions apply). For about the same price you can enjoy scuba diving and trips only with your family or group of friends. You’ll choose the dive sites, make your own schedule, nobody will rush anywhere. We do not limit the dive times, the only limitation is the air, bottom time and the weather / the sea conditions.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sharky's Crew is an outstanding, personalized dive provider.
They take pride in doing things right, and their attention to detail really shows.
You tell them where you want to dive, and that's where you dive.
They handle everything, and take you to uncrowded dive sites for
some of the most leisurely diving you could imagine.
Dive master Peter has a sixth sense for finding nudibranchs, among all the other sea creatures on the reef.
I've enjoyed diving with Sharky's three years in a row -see you next year, guys!

Sharky C, Owner at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much Ken for an outstanding review :) It's been a pleasure to have you here again and we are looking forward to see you next year !!!

All reviews
"boat driver"
in 4 reviews
"private dives"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had the best time in the Dominican Republic because of Sharkys! Peter and Natalia are the best. Prior to my visit, Peter worked with me to schedule everything. He helped me schedule my events day by day so my boys could leave as Advanced Divers. They even took me on a few of their dives so I could visit Saona Island. On our last day, they took out the seabobs for a whole new adventure! They are a top notch diving company. They are small and deliver one of kind experience. I would book early to reserve your spot!

Hi Stacey! Thanks for visiting us and for your time to write this great comment. We really enjoyed having you here! Congratulations again to Anthony and Tripp for their Advance Course. Hope you are doing great!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we had a great adventure with the Sharky's team, Peter picked us up and returned us to our resort each day {much appreciated}, our first 4 dives we were with the wonderful Sue, she is a great divemaster, she took us to the coral nursery that she attends to, it was a sight to behold. We found all sorts of interesting small fish & beautiful coral formations in : Diminicos reef, Lucas reef, Guaragauw 1, Our next 4 dives were with Peter, also a great divemaster, he showed us different reef systems :Coca reef, Larimar, Guaragauw deep. but my all time favorite dive was Viva shallow because it was only a 30 ft dive our bottom time was 75min. during these 8 dives I only took around 400 pictures {not kidding} so if you want a fantastic adventure, contact Peter & the Sharky's team. He takes out small groups, {not the cattle car like other shops} all the dives were personalized to what we wanted to see & do.

Sharky C, General Manager at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Lynn,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review, we appreciate it a lot! Thank you for details you left in your comments.

All the best!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent four days diving with Peter and really enjoyed ourselves. I appreciated Peter’s attention to safety and his Eastern European sense of humor...as well as his commitment to finding good diving sites while still avoiding the boats that disgorged more than 12 divers at a time. Even when they were short-staffed and so we ended up diving with another couple instead of being on our own, there was plenty of room on the boat and I felt that Peter managed the group of us well. (It helped that we were all around the same skill level and had a really nice time diving together.) He was also very kind about loaning me a shorty and a hoodie as the water was c-c-c-c-c-old during our February dives. The boat is basic but comfortable, and Peter and Jordan were both very helpful about getting us and our gear in and out of the water. The whole operation has a relaxed feel to it, but they’re attentive to the details and work hard to make sure that divers have a good and personalized experience. Highly recommended for a good diving experience in Bayahibe.

Sharky C, Owner at Diving Dominican Republic, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much Autumn for your time to write these comments! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and awesome diving pictures.

I hope you're doing great and wish your family good luck on your next diving journey.

Happy diving

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I just want for a “BIG scuba dive package with Sharky's, “10 dives in 5 days with a humpback whale watching tour” As a Solo traveler I was a little timid about walking to the dive shop myself. No problem Peter picked me up my first day at my hotel – front door service. After that I felt comfortable to walk myself. I was personally cared for and pampered. My equipment was loaded on & off the boat, cleaned and ready for the next day. You are more than welcome to join into the cleaning fun or do as much or little as you please. My equipment was stored at the dive shop for the entire week. The diving was great; it was only me with one other diver with Peter or Sue.
Peter is really great; very knowledgeable about reefs you will be taken to the best diving areas. We would only dive reefs where no other boats were, so we could have the reef ourselves. Maximum bottom time, dives were 60minutes plus. I got to see dolphins up top after a dive. Sue exceeded my expectations, on my day off Sue taken me to a jewelry shop to buy Lionfish & Larimar jewelry, great souvenirs for a scuba diver.

Joan,

Thank you for your detailed comments on our operation. It's much appreciated! It was fun to dive with you and I hope to see you again in Bayahibe, DR!

Take care!