See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2016

We were travelling around Greece and stayed in about 6 different apartments and this was the most expensive and by far the worst. Not a good location, not friendly and uncomfortable. It is far from anything and right by a motorway, so quite noisy. I am sure they are going to comment on this review saying they have been in the business for 30 years and I am the first to complain etc.. But when we were there they didn't ever even say good morning to us. At check-out we mentioned that the air-conditioning didn't work and we were screamed at by the shirtless owner and his heavily tattooed daughter asking us why we didn't wake them at 1am to fix it. A faulty air-con is forgivable, being unfriendly and unhelpful isn't.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivaBarcelona24
Villa-Angela-Corfu, General Manager at Villa Angela, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Dear guest, here we go again..

This is the second time that you write a review and i'll gladly reply to you so things will straighten out.

What did we do so wrong that you behave like this? Can you please tell us in order to help both us and future guests?

You mention that underneath is a noisy road. The central road that makes the whole island easily accessible is at 150m. We might have 1-2 complains all those years that we are in business, but nearly all our guests comment about how easy it is to access both the center since we are so close and how helpful is the bus station right outside our property.

Didn't you check the map before booking?

There are a lot of great hotels and apartments far away from Corfu center for people that want to have vacation away from civilization ( taking a break from big cities ). Maybe this choice would suit you best?

About the air condition not working. Did you have the door or windows open? When you arrived we informed you about the door and windows having "power traps", to avoid high energy consumption. This doesn't help only us but the environment also. Air conditioning works only when both door and windows are closed. There is a a 5 minute window in case the door opens or our guest wants to air the room. Longer than that and the unit shuts down.

This is a small family business and we put our guests above anything else. But we need to know what is wrong from our guests in order to help in any way we can.

My dad and sister yelling at you? That doesn't sound anything like my family.

I really can't figure out what is wrong here. Some information now, not for you but for our future guests.

My father was trying to fix a broken pipe on 35C ( hence the no shirt moment ), and commenting about my sisters tattoos? She happens to be a tattoo artist and was there in her day off to help out.
As you can see the stuff is us, and we do almost anything to get better and make our guests comfortable.
We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your holidays, but judging from your comments, both times, the issue was not your stay with us, but something entirely else.

Hope everything works out, and wish you a great rest of the summer.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 September 2015

The holiday always starts with a personal pick up from the airport by the owner and a drive through Corfu Town to start the experience. Then a beer! Normally around a extremely clean, but scarcely used pool, positioned in the centre of the small complex. The family live within the hotel area and are always on hand, everyone is on first names terms, including the efficient housemaids/lads. We choose not to drive while abroad, buses are readily available. However, it is only 10 euro taxi to either Corfu Town or Gouvia in the opposite direction. Supermarkets and a beach bar are only 10 minute walk. The beach bar is really for locals at weekends but is open all week serving daily fresh sardines and local dishes. The beach is very clean and the water shallow, ideal for kids. Night clubs are a 20 minute walk - near enough to go, far enough away not to hear!!!

Room tip: Hotel is small and boutique, so all rooms are similar in style but vary in size
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Villa-Angela-Corfu, Manager at Villa Angela, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Dear Nik and Susan,

We would like to thank you for your review and wish you an amazing 2016. Looking forward for your arrival this year!

Reviewed 24 September 2015

It's my pleasure to say that I have been to Villa Angela more than once and I'm always happy to return. I like to return to place swhere they know on a first name basis. This is a rebuttal to the above reviews in regards to:
Kids- apparently the above guests didn't have any kids and I would like to say this is a family hotel so kids are very welcomed here. An old hostel - yes it's an old hostel in regards to they have been in business for more than 25v years (shows they know their stuff). This small, warm family atmosphere type of hotel is renovating are doing their best to meet the latest standards. Now,moving on, Pool depth: before you criticize, you should read a manual about hotel/ family hotel procedures and laws. After ceratin depth they are suppose to have a life guard. Once again this is not a hotel "Per Say". The staff of the hotel are the owners of the hotel and they are always there at anytime if a real problem arises. Besides having a cleaning lady they also do alot of personnel work themselves ( I have seen them a few times) I appreciate this much more than as I am a hard worker myself. I have never had a problem to reach them. I hope I have clarified a few things for you. I recommend Angela's Villa to any family and to all couples!
Looking forward to coming to Angela's Villa again!

Date of stay: August 2015
1  Thank mago1

Dear Mago,

First of all, happy 2016 and wishing you all the best for you and your family!
Thank you for your review! Looking forward seeing you soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

My name is Jill and I have stayed here countless times over the years and found Villa Angela to be a fantastic, relaxing, clean, caring, family business. I highly recommend a stay here. It is also a short distance from the lovely Corfu Town and other must see parts of Corfu.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jill C

Dear Jill,

Thank you very much for you review! We wish you and the family a beautiful new year!
Can't wait to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

The room was nice and clean, quiet except in the afternoon when some kids played in the pool. The hotel is near the port and minutes away from the center of corfu. Beautiful and clean pool and jacuzzi, we saw cleaning them daily, quite romantically lighted in the evening. We had our dog along and we did not face any problems. Free wifi and parking. Also gas station and supermarkets almost next to the hotel which was very convenient.

Room tip: Pool view rooms are great but the back rooms are more quiet when kids in pool
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Villa-Angela-Corfu, General Manager at Villa Angela, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Dear Errika H,

We want to thank you for your kind review and your time.

Regarding the kids at the pool, we're are working on it, but i'm sure you do understand that it's not an easy thing to tackle.

Hope to see you again!