“Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Vegera

Vegera
Ranked #18 of 249 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Description: Open 7:30am until late for breakfast, lunch, dinner or drinks, Vegera café bar restaurant offers a great atmosphere and a superb service! This cozy place sits at the edge of Mykonos’ old harbour overlooking the “Yalos”; a great dining location for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s the perfect spot for a cup of coffee in the morning, a delicious meal at noon and a glass of wine at night. Indulge in Vegera’s exceptional cuisine and beautiful ambience!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went to Vegera only after a specific recommendation, as it is the sort of place we usually avoid - right down on the harbourfront in a location otherwise screaming “tourist trap”. We were very pleasantly surprised - the food was very good, and the service warm and attentive. Prices were what you might expect from the location, but certainly not outrageous in view of the quality, and of the complimentary dessert. Happy to recommend.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Going to Grece, some of us are looking for sunny beaches and warm sea, others for good and cheap food. For those who want discover also greek hospitality and welcoming, i would advise to go to Vegera. I went there alone as my friends left the island and I had 3 hours to kill before my flight. I had an amazing chat with people working there, all of them were kind and attentif, without being annoying. Good greek food on top of a nice view, good location and absolutely irreprochable service. I will definately be back.
Regarding the price, i had an grilled octopus, zuccini and a freddo cappuccino. It cost me 24 or 28€ i think, which is quiye expensive for greek taverna, but you are in the center of Mykonos, dont expect to get your lunch for 15€. Special thanks to my waiter and to the host who made my time there absolutely special.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The location of the restaurant was very nice, had a table in front facing the water. The service was very slow, the first time I went I ended up leaving it took so long to even get a menu. Went back the second time and service had improved a little. Meal was okay, had better at other restaurants with better prices. Wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

On our third night in Mykonos we had tried a few places along the water front and had not been disappointed, so didn't hesitate when Nick was so friendly out the front to give this place a try... He had us sold on the meat platter, "lots of food, great to share, good Greek meat"... Well, the "platter" came out and we both looked at it thinking you get more than this in a happy meal from McDonald's. A couple of pieces of over cooked meat atop some soggy fries... If we hadn't been starving we would have sent it straight back (in hindsight I wish we did!)... because for 39 Euros it was a huge rip off! As soon as we started eating we realized most of the meat was fat/bone. We called the waiter over to let him know we weren't impressed and his reply was "it's good, this is how we eat it in Greece, you lick the bone"... So we ate what we could (about 1/3 of what was actually on the plate) and asked for the bill...

So basically we paid $39 euro to lick some bones and eat some soggy fries... Very disappointing! Happy to pay the money if the food is decent as everywhere in Mykonos is expensive but this was just a joke! Would not recommend at all!

1  Thank Sarah Q
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Great view a nice place by the sea, Nice local greek dishes and very good service. A nice place to watch the crowd passing by.