“Perfect Day of Sailing ”

Mykonos On Board Sailing Trips
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Mykonos Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sailing Private or Semi Private tours,sailing, relaxation,snorkeling,Greek gastronomy,make new friends.lifetime experiences
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked this tour far in advance for our honeymoon after seeing the reviews. It did not disappoint! Our captain was very welcoming and we had an amazing day at sea. I had never been on a sail boat before so I will say it was a little bumpier than a catamaran or larger boat. However, it was beautiful to set sail to Delos and Reina and to see Greece from the sea! The snorkel/swim spots were gorgeous and secluded. However, the do not provide flippers just goggles and mouth pieces. The water was warm and calm so we just swam! To top it off the lunch aboard was delicious! I loved the beef and lamb kebabs. It was one of my favorite meals of our entire trip, and it was so relaxing to enjoy Greek cuisine and wine whole viewing historic islands rich with culture and mythology! I would recommend this trip to anyone traveling to Mykonos.

2  Thank Meghin K
"sea bass"
"half day tour"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This was a real SAILING trip. So at times it was a bit rough, but Mykonos is a particularly windy island, so you have to expect rough seas. Artimis and Aristotle took us around Delos, which took 20mins to get to across open water. From there we were taken to secluded bays perfect for snorkelling and swimming. He provided snorkel gear too. Included in the price is a bbq on the boat, it was a really nice meal, chicken and bbq veg and salad. Beers and drinks were in abundant- all included in the single cost. My wife felt quite unwell on the way back, due to the rough seas, but Artimis helped her feel settled -Thanks Artimis. :) a lovely day, a real sailing experience with beautiful bays and a bit of local history.

2  Thank wardb932018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I'll start off by saying that we have rented boats in Hawaii, Australia, French Polynesia, Mexico, Turks & Caicos, Belize, Honduras, Capri just to name a few. With that said, this captain and boating experience was the worst that we have ever had. The captain Artemois was very arrogant and condescending to us from the moment that we first met him. We felt very unwelcome on his boat from the very beginning of our journey.

The water was very rough on the journey back after we stopped at a very unimpressive area to eat dinner. It was the island across from Delos where the quarantined people were sent in the old days and is now virtually uninhabited.

Speaking of dinner, if you are looking to loose a few pounds from your trip, this is the dinner for you! His terrible cooking made me vomit and have diarrhea for 48 hours straight...beware of the chicken skewers! My wife and I ate everything the same, except she ate fish & I ate chicken. She was fine & I wasn't for 2 days after our trip.

If that wasn't bad enough, on the very rough sailing back to the Mykonos port, I was laying on one side of the sailboat and my wife was laying on the other "relaxing" & I was thrown off of the bench & across the sailboat landing on top of my wife and injuring my knee, hand and wrist. He made no acknowledgment of my injuries during or after the incident, but was worried about putting his cushions & pillows inside the cabin so that they wouldn't be blown away! We couldn't believe what we were experiencing & at this point were very frightened for our safety & just wanted to exit the boat ASAP. We couldn't get back to the port fast enough.

As we arrived back at the port, instead of dropping us off on land, he made us load into a tiny boat that he had to inflate with air to get us back to dry land. As we pulled up to the boat, he decided to ask how we enjoyed the trip. We proceeded to tell him that it was the worst boating experience that we have ever had. He then began to argue with us about what happened & said that it was my fault that I fell off of the bench and got injured because I "should have known!" Then he asked how we planned on paying for the balance of our trip. We had no choice but to pay because he wasn't going to let us off of the boat until we did and at that point it was a very hostile environment & we feared for our safety, so we handed over our credit card.

In summation if you love food poisoning & enjoy the adrenaline rush of fearing for your own safety, then this is the trip for you!

2  Thank foxydocPhilly
Artemis Z, Ιδιοκτήτης at Mykonos On Board Sailing Trips, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear ms Jaime

Thank you for taking the time to review on TripAdvisor

When we met at the dock that day I informed you about the weather and you said that you have been on a sailboat 4 times in the past
and you have no problem to sail!We welcome you on board by offering you soft drinks and wine and we gave you a small briefing about the boat and the tour!
If you felt unwelcome or you didn't liked the weather why you didn't cancel your booking and get refund of your deposit?

During the tour we took you to some of the most beautifull places around Delos and Rhenia(indeed Rhenia island is a place where 3000years ago people use to live there but not quarantined ones!)where usually stop for swimming/snorkeling

Your wife was very impressed from my cooking and she said that it was one of the best meals that she ever had in Greece(you forgot to mention that)
You said that you became sick for 2 days because of my cooking!I am sorry but how you saying that when you didn't ate almost nothing that day from the dinner?All of our guests have ate our chicken skewers and never had any issue!

On the way back the wind was a few knots stronger but this is not a problem for a sailing boat since we need the wind for to hoist the sails and offer the sailing experience to our guests!Also a monohull sailing boat is the safest boat in the sailing category because of the very heavy keel they carry underneath their hull!

Ms Jaime,I would like to remind you that I kept informing you about the behaviour of the boat in the open sea but you ignore me!

When we arrived back to the port the dock was occupied from another yacht and that's why i had to drop you with our inflatable 13feet long tender boat!Most of the yachts we are obliged to have an inflatable tender with outboard engine

We have offer our friendly and honest services to thousands guests and it's first time that one of our guest is present us unfriendly

Our goal is to offer an amazing sailing experience and provide the Greek hospitality

I am really sorry if you didn't felt our warm vibes that many other guests felt in the past!

Ms Jaime,I would like to invite you next time you visit Mykonos to sail with us again with a 50% discount

Kind regards

Artemis

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I was at many sailing trips but this was number one. We were on board with two other couples , so we feel very vip :p We had two stops at reina island first for half hour and second for one hour , so it was enough to swim and snorkel. Then the team Katerina and Tim cooked for us delicious dinner and we could drink wine beer as we want . I highly recommend this trip, you will not regret it.

1  Thank Poly S