All reviews pool area panorama suite boutique hotel our honeymoon walk into town amazing views hot tub hotel team welcome drink complimentary transfer bus service deluxe room beautiful hotel public areas bus stop an upgrade rooms are great
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week and we were very impressed, which to be fair takes a lot!

The hotel is in a great location about a 10 / 15 minute walk into Mykonos Old Town (where the majority of the bars and restaurants are), it also has a stunning view of the town and harbour from the swimming pool / restaurant area - see photos. It is super well maintained and clean - spotless. The location also means it's nice and quiet in the evening and morning - unlike a lot of other hotels, it also has plenty of parking (at no extra charge) for your bike / car if you have one.

We stayed in the honeymoon suite (not on our honeymoon though) and it was perfect... large, cool (with or without the aircon), it had a lovely little balcony, a great shower and a jacuzzi bath in the room, plus a table / sofa area. Bed was big and very comfy.

The staff are simply brilliant, they could not do enough to help, make our stay more enjoyable or simply to have a little chat. We got great recommendations from them for restaurants and beaches, not only in Mykonos but also Santorini (where we are headed next). After a couple of days they knew what we had at breakfast and already had it ready despite our early or late starts!

We also ate at the Hotel's restaurant one night and the meal was delicious - don't miss out on the Octopus salad or pork with onion and red wine marmalade!

Nearly forgot! The restaurant / pool area is an awesome location to see the sun set over Mykonos... especially with an Aperol Spritz in your hand!

Don't bother looking around for other places, this is the hotel to stay in if you want the best of all worlds in Mykonos!

Couple of other tips... if you rent a quad get something more powerful than 50cc especially if there is two of you on it!

Munchen rentals is a great place and they have free parking 2 min walk from the Old town so you can leave your bike / quad in a safe and convenient location when you go in.

Have fun and safe travels!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

I've just come back from staying at this lovely hotel in Mykonos. I must admit when I first arrived here it did not give the grand impression as a 5* hotel that I am used to but you do truly see how the stars came about for the hotel.

Like I said, the Hotel is not grand with about 26 rooms but once you look around at what there is on offer in the area, you can see how it all falls into place.

The hotel is situated on top of a hill which over looks the beautiful sea which in turns gives you amazing views of the sunset (if you are around during that time of evening). From the top you can also see the Mykonos town and the famous windmills.

The staff were oh so wonderful! Every single staff we came across were so helpful and friendly!! The receptionists, the restaurant staff.. Everyone!!

Hotel is always clean. The lovely cleaners clean the rooms twice a day with turn-down service in the evening.

Wifi is a hit and miss but I did get wifi (at times) in our room (312) as well as the reception, restaurant and pool area. The staff did mention that they were working on the wifi so maybe that was the problem. The restaurants in town all provide free wifi so just ask for their password.

Breakfast is served from about 8am-11:30am I think... (waking up was a mission in itself but always made sure to wake up before breakfast stopped serving! (It's that good!) Mykonian style eggs was my fav. You get fresh bread, fresh fruits, cereal, salmon and cream cheese bites.. Etc. After the first morning, the staff remembered I wanted a cappuccino (to wake up) and double checks every morning (incase I changed my mind) so once I start making up my breakfast plate, my drink is ready on the table as soon as I sit down. Superb!

From the hotel, you are about 10mins walk from town and I would say about 15-20mins walk to the nearest beach, Ornos beach, which is a nice family beach with a few restaurants to choose for meals. The beach is not a sandy beach but very small stones. Majority of the beaches on the island is the same like Paradise, Paranga and Super Paradise (all 3 for the clubbers) . There is a more sandy one further up north called Panormos which has a restaurant or an even more secluded but sandy beach called Agios Sostis.

The hotel provides beach towels if you need any. They were also very nice at arranging some transfers for us to go new port as we decided to go to Santorini for a couple of days by ferry.

You can rent an ATV nearby for about €35 a day or if you rent it for a week they do some discount. It is very handy to get around in an ATV, so bring your driving licence and credit card!

All in all, the Hotel is amazing. The staff has defiantly given the hotel it's 5* rating. It's fairly close to main town where if you didn't hire an ATV (quad bike) or scooter to travel around there are buses that will take you as well as the taxis (we were told there are only about 30 taxis on the whole island..)

I would most probably come back to Mykonos for another holiday and Tharroe of Mykonos will be the place I will choose to stay again.

Thank you again Olga and to all your staff, Christos, Yannis and others I haven't mentioned, for making our stay so pleasant :) Hope to see you all again soon!!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2015

We have just returned from a lovely week in Mykonos where we stayed at the Tharroe of Mykynos hotel. The hotel is set in the most stunning location with amazing views and breathtaking sunsets.
The hotel was spotlessly clean and the towels and bedding were changed everyday.
Service at the hotel was outstanding from the welcome, reception staff (including the lovely guy on reception at night when no matter what the time was, he was always keen on hearing if you had a nice night out!), manager and waiting on staff.
Breakfast was always lovely, well organised with unlimited lattes (a must for us!) and such lovely waiters.
Our room had a nice sea view, was spacious and spotlessly clean.
A fantastic experience - we even received a complimentary bottle of wine from the manager which was lovely!

Will definitely return to the Tharroe!!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lex M
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I have just returned from a week's stay and I want to go back every year! Every member of staff made us feel so special and at home. On arrival we were given a friendly welcome by Olga and the ladies at reception. When we saw the breathtaking view by the pool (in particular the sunset), the first thing we said was "wow"! Kristos has an amazing hard-working team and he constantly helped us with our bookings and gave us advice which saved us so much time. Antonis was always on hand to help us with everything, in particular, patiently persisting to help us find a taxi on a Friday night - a miracle! Yannis, George and Peter in the restaurant gave us the most attentive service at breakfast and througout the day by the pool. They were so kind. The ladies who cleaned our room daily did a great job and were flexible about our timings, given some very late nights! I I had been sceptical about booking after reading reviews about the downhill walk to town but we quickly got used to it - it was fine (walk on whichever side of the road enables vehicles to see you, use the torch on phone at night and catch a bus uphill from town - about a 3 minute ride ). It was good being away from the 24 hour bustle of Mykonos Town but close enough to walk to it and enjoy it. Or just rent a car to explore the stunning island - car rental will drop and pick up the car at your hotel. The beautiful setting of the hotel is worth the walk, but most importantly, the friendly staff at the hotel made this an incredible experience. I cannot speak highly enough about them. When Antonis dropped us to the airport, we did not want to leave - now that is a sign of a five star experience!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

The hotel is nice with amazing view looking over Mykonos the staff (especially the restaurant staff and staff at breakfast were AMAZING ) they could not do enough for us .... However the most disappointing thing was the wifi we paid a lot off money for the hotel and the wifi did not work in the room there was a average signal in reception I needed to do some work while I was away for a few hours and could not do this because off the connection this area really does need improving ...
Also we was sold a sea view room and got a room with no sea view ...
If I came to Mykonos again I would stay here if the Internet connection was sorted out .

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends