“Not Worth It”

Ranked #109 of 247 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: By a name meaning “Sun and Sea”, SOLYMAR is located at one of the best Mykonos’ beaches, Kalo Livadi.SOLYMAR’s design blends harmoniously with the magnificent scenery.Well known Chef Marios Tsouris, combines the Mediterranean cuisine with ethnic elements and creates a highly sophisticated gastronomy.Colours, scents, sea and of course, SOLYMAR’s staff will be the best reasonfor your return…
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The beach at Kalo Livadi is great so we chose Solymar to go and relax at their sunbeds. 80€ front row and second and from third row 60€.. ok it is expensive since its not Nammos or Santa Marina beach but we decided to stay since it was quiet with very few people. But unfortunately we couldnt relax since they had this terrible music, with no reason very loud and so totally wrong with the environment like we were in an old fashioned club. We asked about the music if its always like this (old mainstream beat) and they said that it is usually like this. Unfortunately the person that was responsible for the sunbeds wasnt friendly at all and almost made us leave with his rudeness..(it was Monday)Just a girl named Elena that served us was discreet and really polite. Next time if we go again to Kalo Livadi will choose Lohan. Not for the price (front row 40€) but because of the friendliness and better music.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Crazy place, in the morning we had two coffees just in front of the barman at 10 euros, 5 euros each, never again...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been coming to Mykonos for 5 years now and I have visited this restaurant every time. This year I was disappointed to find out that they had completely redone the place. A rather quaint and cool restaurant has turned into something mainstream and obnoxious. The music that used to be played was relaxing and chilled, except this year it was overly loud and not good. Our group actually had to move tables so that our eardrums wouldn’t burst. I asked the waiter what had happened to the place that I once loved (it was my favorite restaurant on the island) to which he responded by telling me that the staff had been replaced as well as the chefs. A new owner I suspect. It doesn’t come as much of a surprise that these types of restaurants are trying to compete with the others opening up around them (in this case Lohan beach club which is right next door. The menu has stayed mostly the same although the chicken and fries that I normally order was slightly over cooked. The interior was also completely redone with wooden sleek looking wooden finishes to give it a more modern feel, yet it just wasn’t the same. The place felt like it was just trying way too hard. It’s a real shame to see a jem of a restaurant turn into whatever I was in. A restaurant that I once recommended to everyone I know will not be recommended again.

1  Thank Thecorndawg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a group of seven people and really enjoyed the food in the place! It seems a place that exists for many years in a very nice beach that attracts a lot of people. Easy parking, reasonable prices.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Best place to tan, enjoy the beach, and have lunch. Definitely recommend to go in June where you actually get proper service.