All reviews gourmet market star prestige building work rain shower refurbished hotel rooftop pool torviscas playa shower door coffee machine strip joint soft towels extra luxury saxophonist playing building site next door prestige area very comfortable sun loungers an ocean view room
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stayed at this hotel for a week, returning last Saturday. It was already getting a fantastic review, however, I had an accident two thirds of the way through the holiday which demonstrated their wonderful customer service to the highest level possible.
The hotel is very modern and decorated beautifully in a tasteful, minimalistic style. Our room was a good size and well appointed with toiletries in the bathroom, plenty of towels, sheets changed regularly, water supplied, free safe and a high standard of housekeeping.
When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted immediately with someone to take our bags and take us to reception where we were offered a glass of champagne. Upon checking in, we were informed we had been upgraded to the Star Prestige floors and were taken to a separate reception on floor 5. We were given a glass of Moet whilst we checked in and were given 2 complimentary cocktails and 3 trips to the foodmarket and a complimentary massage each during our stay.
The Star Prestige floors have a separate roof top swimming pool, snacks (tuna salad was lovely) and drinks (alcohol 12.00-22.00, premium spirits and the fizz was lovely), books and newspapers and always someone friendly and helpful at the separate reception. The pool and terrace were lovely, sunbeds the comfiest I have ever had, and being on the roof it meant you were never in the shade, however there were plenty of umbrellas if you wanted shad and double bed style sunbeds with a shade. There were also plenty of little tables to have by your bed. When it got a little busier nearer the end of the stay, it was nice to see the no reserving sunbeds policy being enforced, so beds were not lying empty all day with just a towel on them.
The ladies that worked at the reception on these floors were so friendly and went far beyond just being helpful. They were also so very kind and after I had my accident and operation, translated the Spanish for all my medications and wrote on the boxes how often to take each one. I would definitely recommend the Star Prestige and I would love to do it again if we could afford it.
However, the reception at the main hotel were also extremely friendly and helpful, as were all the staff. Everyone seems really happy to work there and they really couldn't do enough for you.
We had breakfast included and it was outstanding. The selection was superb, ranging from juices (that they will even blend for you), cooked (with egg station), Activia and branded yogurts, pastries, pancakes and waffles, cold meats and continental and much more. We thoroughly enjoyed every breakfast, it was never so busy that we couldn't get a table and the table was always cleared swiftly when we were finished with plates.
We also visited the food market in the hotel, which I really enjoyed. I had a lovely meat platter and my partner had a Spanish omelette. There was also seafood, tapas and a beautiful dessert station that I noticed. I liked the ambience, it was bright and open and you could look out to the water. There was a great violinist playing the evening we were in also. They had a well stocked bar, even had Strongbow (in bottles) for my partner, which is his drink of choice. (It would have been nice if they had this on the Star Prestige level too).
The main swimming pool was gorgeous also, plenty of beds, good sized pool, bar and plenty of sunshine.
As I mentioned, I broke my ankle near the end of our holiday. When trying to get downstairs to get a taxi to the hospital, I was having trouble hopping the distance. Housekeeping noticed, got me a chair and then a wheelchair to get out to the taxi that reception ordered for us. After 24 hours in hospital and coming back in plaster and on crutches this could have wasted the end of the holiday in most hotels but not here. Firstly, the staff were so helpful and attentive and particularly one of the doormen asked me every day how I was getting on. Secondly, at the Star Prestige pool, to get to the top deck where the pool was, they had a disability lift so I didn't have to attempt the stairs. Thirdly, they let us keep our room on on the last day at no extra cost, which again, with my limited mobility made life so much easier and let us enjoy our last day (after losing a day in hospital). Lastly, and most importantly, in the heat I was really struggling with the crutches and couldn't get very far at all. The hotel, very kindly and at no extra cost, let us borrow their wheel chair 3 times, so we could go out for a walk on the Friday afternoon, dinner on the Friday night and a drink with friends on the Saturday before we left. This was a service that was above and beyond and really saved the end of our holiday and I'll never be able to thank them enough for that.
This is easily the best hotel in Tenerife, true 5 star luxury with fantastic staff and facilities (partner tells me the gym was good, I never went!). Will we go again? YES! The question is just how soon.
Thank you again Iberostar Sabila for a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Angela N
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Sabila, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Angela,

We would like first of all to thank you for your excellent review of Iberostar. Our goal is to create a particularly pleasant atmosphere for our guests with our numerous services in our wonderfully designed hotel, so your words confirming our success are really important to us. We promise to extend your praise to all of our dedicated colleagues because we do have quite a remarkable team here. We sincerely regret your accident whilst in our hospitality and we were glad to assist you in any way possible, we all hope that you are rapidly making a full recovery.

It is also good to know that you hold us in fond memories and we very much hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I spent a lovely week at Iberostar Sabila.
What I was amazed by:
1) the way hotel handles inconvenient of nearby construction site - I was able to check rooms before making final decision
2) rooms - just accurate: comfy bed, spacious shower, balcony, closet - all for your comfort stay. What I liked a lot is that set of glasses, corkscrew and bottle opener, kettle and cups and even Nespresso coffee machine is there for your convenience.
3) breakfast - I like eat healthy and in IS I was able to choose from variety of options, including fresh juices with superfoods like spirulina, chlorella or maca.
4) dinner buffet - I regret that tried only once - it was fabulous! Meat, seafood, paella, fresh homemade pasta, salads, fruits and many others options (all delicious) are waiting for you! Thank to all master chefs who prepare my gluten free dinner! Delicious!!!
5) hotel activities like aqua gym, yoga and evening live music was great addition during the day
6) last but not least - hotel’s stuff: starting with the reception crew, housekeeping team, restaurant & bars crews - all of them were very helpful and nice. Love the attitude!

If there is only one thing I could change, I would make sauna & steam bath entrance free once per stay (at least).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
8  Thank Agata R
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Sabila, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Agata,

First of all, we want you to know that we are really happy that you had such an excellent holiday with us and thank you for sharing your experience. As we aim on a daily basis to exceed the needs and goals of our valued guests and provide them with a place of joy and total comfort, we are obviously humbled by your kind words.

We would like to express our gratitude once again for your wonderful feedback and hope to have the honour of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

just got back from sabila. the first 3 floors are for basic rooms then you pay extra the higher you go. first time we have been to adult only but well worth it , the décor and rooms are brilliant. loads of choices in food hall, plenty of sunbeds(no need to save one) free safe and towels for sunbeds. pint of beer is 4,40 euros but you are in a 5 star hotel, we will be going back again ,

Room Tip: rooms over road have best views but rooms at back get evening sun
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stephen f

Dear Stephen,

We are grateful to you for choosing Iberostar for your latest holiday, and for sharing the experience with us. Your enthusiastic comments about our hotel are great to receive. We hope to see you again in the future at one of our establishments. Until then we wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I booked the Sabila as I was travelling with my daughter for a short break for her birthday. Checking in was great and we were seated and offered a glass of champagne. Our room was fantastic and one of the best beds I have slept in, and our luggage was brought to our room We were bed and breakfast, which was buffet, and the choice and quality of the food was fantastic 5 stars. The pool was quieter, but the sunbeds were so comfortable and towels were provided. The food at the pool bar was also of a high standard, along with some of the lovely cocktails we tried. The location is perfect and just a few minutes walk to the beach, with a fantastic selection of restaurants and shops. I would definitely return and I would like to thank the staff who were all so helpful. Thankyou

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank ann123134
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Sabila, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Ann,

We would like to, first of all, thank you for your kind review of your recent holiday with us at Iberostar. Such a pleasant feedback of our hotel is, of course, a great pleasure to read and confirms for us that our daily actions are worthwhile and that we are on the right path with our numerous efforts.

Again we thank you for your positive review of our hotel and we hope that we will continue to provide you excellent holiday experiences in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I have recently returned after staying at this hotel for a week. We upgraded to star prestige and we were given a suite on the top floor.As a prestige guest you have access to the infinity pool on the same level where there are a number of very comfortable sun loungers,free drinks and snacks all day.The snacks however were nearly always sandwiches and salad bowls.
There was a part of the dining room also set aside for prestige guests which gave a little more space between tables.
The food was good and as we were half board dined there every evening. The service was excellent.
We were told before we went by Jet 2 about there being building work at the next hotel.The building work is actually the total renovation of the adjoining hotel. Our balcony had a side sea view and looked down onto it.However apart from the odd bang and thump it did not affect our holiday at all.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank foxwell
IberostarHoteles, Quality Manager at Iberostar Sabila, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear guest,

Again we thank you for your positive review of our hotel and we hope that we will continue to provide you and your wife with excellent holiday experiences in the future.