Reviews (2 468)
2 468 results
1 775
1 775
All reviews la trattoria las villas casas ducales golf buggies pitch and putt buggy service the beach club restaurant half board garden view beautiful hotel piano bar buffet restaurant the main hotel kids club chocolate fountain different levels choice of restaurants
14 - 19 of 2 468 reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2018

My wife and I wanted to have a luxury Spa holiday and that is why we booked the place. Somewhere easy to reach and comfortable, without jet-lag etc. We thought it was pretty expensive, which is why we booked only for four days, and we were expecting a memorable experience for the price we paid. The hotel is well situated, right in front of Playa del Duque, which is the nicer beach in Costa Adeje, in my humble opinion. The pools are ok, but don't really allow proper length swimming, although I think that is not what most people are planning to do there anyways. The gym is of good standard. In general, the service was of pretty normal international standard - good but not that outstanding. Especially not for the price. Although it helps if you are a pensioner, I have the feeling. Not surprising, though. The restaurants serve good food, breakfast was of good quality, the waiting staff are attentive and swift, but the prices of the restaurants are too high. The rooms are clean, but look dated and not up to standard, considering how much we paid. Also, the spa is nice, but costs extra. Don't be fooled, unless it doesn't clearly state that it is included, assume that it's not. We thought it was included as it didn't say anywhere that it wasn't. Obviously when complaining at the reception, we were the silly tourists who don't know their own bookings, how dare we complain. I just wonder where the operators get their information from? It should be unambiguous. I would probably have booked another hotel, would I have known. Lesson learned. To compare the situation, we once booked a hotel with Spa and breakfast included, with a larger and better room, in London, and got away cheaper. For those who don't know, London is notoriously expensive. At the end of the day, it was a nice holiday, the hotel was pretty good, but it was way overpriced. I think it might also have to do with the area, because everything around Costa Adeje is also overpriced and quite frankly, of not that good quality (I am talking about the restaurants here, for example). I can understand why it is that way, to keep a certain breed of tourists away. But I expect higher standard for what we were being charged for. We'll be off to Asia next holiday. My verdict: I would not recommend this hotel unless it was cheaper.

4  Thank U1951LYdavid
GHBDR, Hotel Management at Bahia del Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

First of all, we wish to thank you for choosing the Hotel Bahía del Duque to enjoy your holidays.

As well, we kindly would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we can assure you that we use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. With comments of guests like you, we have the opportunity to know what really your expectations are, which we always want to fulfil.

We do hope you can consider the Bahía del Duque for a future occasion.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

I won't be back. Three stars based on the grounds. The hotel is nice enough but definitely not a luxury hotel by any means. They cater to a wide range of clientele and offer a lot of services but that does not make it a luxury hotel. It greatly lacks in the service department and lacks many of the nuances that make a luxury hotel. Both my spouse and I likened it to a grown-up Disney Land. The rooms are very dated and you are bombarded with forests worth of paper both when you check-in and in your room. If you choose not to eat at the hotel most of the food is within a 20 minute walk, which is not bad but not preferable. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful but given the rest of the issues I would not waste my money again.

4  Thank jeyees06
GHBDR, Hotel Management at Bahia del Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Bahía del Duque. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

At Bahía del Duque, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that your comments will be shared with the Management team, following our continuous improvement plan.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to cater to your needs in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

Room tip: We chose a garden view which was lovely and peaceful
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

It's one of those places you can be any in the world absolutely beautiful settings with gardens and pool areas, it's as always a very private place and is what I love about it, just thought the food has slipped a little

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Declan S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Bahía del Duque to enjoy your holidays.

We appreciate your comments regarding with unique settings of Bahia Del Duque. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Date of stay: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
GHBDR, Hotel Manager at Bahia del Duque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago