Reviews (1 329)
1 329 results
All reviews superior bungalow block room shopping centre self catering relaxing holiday drying area pool bar minute walk sea front air con playa honda these apartments remote control bars and restaurants a stones throw sun loungers washing up liquid
9 - 14 of 1 329 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Second stay for us in Matagorda first one stayed in a villa and said if we came again to try Las Gaviotas.
We paid extra to have a sea view and had one of Las Gaviotas superior bungalows on the front lovely and clean, bathroom decor a bit tired looking but amazing views and close to all amenities.Only slight niggle a young couple insisted taking a short cut past our bungalow by climbing over wall and walking straight in front of our front door/patio/garden area and were not the slightest bothered even when we were sat there,some folk hey no manners,but other than that a place to relax and unwind.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
THeLasGaviotas, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking some time to write about our complex from your stay with us. This means a lot to us as your comment help us see what we can do to improve our services and for other customers to get to know the complex. I hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in los gaviotes bungalow as I have for the last three years it has always been a positive experience . The beach is so close its great to get up in the morning and go for a walk on the beach after breakfast . I went half board . I think it is the best way to go .
The place is spotless , I would have very little to say against this place even though I
felt a bit unwell one night after dinner.

Room tip: Bungalow with a sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
THeLasGaviotas, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to know that you are happy with your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a week self catering in a one bedroom apartment (single parent with 2 kids)
Apartment was nice, had its own sun beds so no rushing out with towels on a morning. Step straight off your private patio and the pool is right there with a safety barrier all the way round which was perfect for families with young kids. Bathroom tiles were a bit tired and cracked, but all was very clean and plenty of space.
We were in block 2 so couple of minutes walk to the beach and the shopping centre with plenty of restaurants and bars.
Went into Puerto del Carmen a couple of times, which is walkable but is only €5 by taxi. Airport is only ten minutes away.
My only real criticism is that it would have been nice to have had some bottled water in our apartment when we arrived. We checked in at 10.30pm after our flight had been delayed so was too late to go wandering off looking for shops in the dark with a shattered 5 year old so we only had the leftover snacks and drinks we had brought off the plane.
Would definitely visit Matagorda again as it’s quieter then Puerto del Carmen but still plenty to do......best of both worlds.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank NicTZ

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your comments, they always help us to improve our service and for others to know more about the complex. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and would gladly welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

They’re in an ideal location couple of minutes away from the beach and the amenities- 10 minutes transfer from the airport/ great size rooms plenty of outside space also easy access to one of the many pools

Room tip: My husband has limited mobility so we always ask to be in either Block 1 or Block 2
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. Your opinion is important to us and I hope this will be useful to future guests. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and would gladly welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Fantastic holidayWe are a family of 5, children being 18,8 and 5We were a little worried after reading so many negative reviews but we were very happy overall.We arrived at midday and were allowed our room straight away although they did still need to put a camp bed in which was fine. We had a massive bungalow with 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms, bathrooms could do with updating but not a massive issue to us. We were in block 8. Was a good 7-8 mins walk to the restaurant but we didn’t mind this at all. We were in a lovely quiet location, we could just see the sea and we were a few steps away from the fantastic pool and pool bar. so was perfect. Staff were all lovely, location was great. Only downside was the only have entertainment twice a week so for an all inc holiday this may be an issue. We were all inc and it didn’t actually bother us at all. We met some amazing people and would definately return. 5 min transfer and the airplanes are not that noisy. My other half complained about the hard beds and woke with back ache every day although it didn’t really bother me so he must have just been unlucky :(

Room tip: Block 8 is lovely and quiet, next to the best pool and the pool bar but is a 7-8 min walk to the restaurant
Date of stay: October 2018