“Great house to rent with good beach location!!”

Review of A-1 Derful Life

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 12 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
webr0b
“Great house to rent with good beach location!!”
Reviewed 8 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Let me start off by saying the house and the location is great! We have stayed at homes all over the Caribbean and in the US and I can say this is one of our favorites. The home is brand new and the home owner and builder really thought of everything possible when building a beach home. The home has high end materials and products throughout. They did not cut corners like a lot of beach rentals do with cheap materials and poor quality products. The home had everything you needed to enjoy your vacation. The pool is great as it has a shallow section for kids and a deep 8 foot section for adults. The location of the home is also great as it’s very quiet and during some periods of the day we did not see anyone for a mile in either direction. The only thing I wished the house had was an outdoor table near the kitchen so you could eat outside and the grill near the pool rather than near the garage. Other than that house is great!

On a negative note are vacation was cut short do to hurricane Irene. The island was closed on Saturday and Sunday we called Emerald Isle Realty and they told us the Island would be open by 1pm and to come down. We got down to Emerald Isle around 3pm and were told we could pick up the keys at 5pm. At 5pm we called to make sure the house was ready and was told it was. As we drove to pick up the keys we got another call that they were wrong and the house had no gas, electric, cable or water! They told us we may not be able to get into the house till Tuesday night even thought we drove over 8 hours to get here! There was no other homes they could give us for the night so we had to go rent hotel rooms. It was extremely difficult to find a hotel room last minute and we had to split the family up between 3 hotels do to the issue!

On Monday morning I got to the location first thing and was told that gas, electric, cable and water would be back on ASAP. They offered no compensation do to their error other than a cheap $3 bottle of white wine and a $3 bottle of red wine for the inconvenience!!! We got to the house and it was a disaster. The gas, power and water were not on and the house was a mess. The windows were still boarded up, pool was full with dirt and branches from storm and entire property was covered in branches and debris even though Emerald Isle Realty said the house was ready to go. We got into the house and the house had yet to be finished being cleaned from the previous tenets and the beds were not made.

We made once again another call to Emerald Isle Realty and they told us they would have someone come take a look. We then saw a team of people show up to clean up the property and turn everything back on. They were a great group of people and after talking to them we found out they were the actual builders of the home and worked nonstop to get the property and home back up to what it looked like before the storm. The team of people worked all day on Monday and Tuesday to get the home back into a great condition. We noticed that the cable was still out on Tuesday and also ½ of the upstairs lights did not work do to an electrical issue outside and the team of people said they would take care of getting both fixed asap rather than us making another call to Emerald Isle Realty. Within 45 minutes they had an electrician at the house who spent a few hours fixing everything and by Wednesday morning we had cable and Internet back. During are entire stay not one time did Emerald Isle Realty call to see if all of our issues were addressed and fixed. A credit should have been issued do to their mistake and forcing us to stay in a hotel and deal with less than ideal home conditions. Given the situation this is beyond unacceptable.

I am rating this home 5 stars do to if there was not a hurricane the home would have been amazing. I can’t thank the builder and the team of people he had with him enough for getting the home back in great condition. It was glad to see someone truly cared about our situation.

Home, Property Owner and builder = A+
Emerald Isle Realty = F

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: home, beach, pool, kitchen
Liked least: Emerald Isle Realty
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Sep 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at A-1derful Life. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed this house and all the lavish amenities it has to offer.

I am sorry you were troubled with check in and misinformation. This home is located in Pine Knoll Shores and it wasn't until later in the day on Sunday that we were informed the town didn't open when Emerald Isle did. As for being told the property was ready, after a natural disaster such as Hurricane Irene, we check to make sure all guests have power and water. When you called and spoke with one of our vacation planners, they gave you the best, general information which we had available.

I did see that you were credited because you didn't receive all of the normal services which you would have if you arrived under normal circumstances. Upon reopening our office after the hurricane, we did strive to save as many vacations as possible and simply asked our guests to be patient with us as we recovered from the disaster. Thank you for pointing out several areas in which we need to improve on this effort.

I hope you will stay with Emerald Isle Realty again. I trust your experience would have been very different had you not arrived hours after a hurricane.
greenville nc
Reviewed 30 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Your age range 65+
30 Jul 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at A-1derful Life and for your suggestions. I will forward them on to the owner so they can be considered when additions to the property are being discussed.

Thank you again for your feedback and for your loyalty to Emerald Isle Realty. I hope you will revisit us in 2012. Please call us when you begin planning your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Gainesville GA
Reviewed 28 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
28 Jul 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at A-1derful Life. I have passed on your compliments and suggestions to the owner. We are already reserving for 2012 so please call us, 1-888-832-0140.
Charleston
Reviewed 6 July 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

Your age range 45-54
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 23 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing