“The best place on Earth!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Watamu Treehouse

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining Room North Tower
North Tower of Watamu Treehouse
The two towers of Watamu Treehouse - in a forest on the nicest and quietest part of Watamu Beach, KE
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
EmHenn72
Nairobi, Kenya
“The best place on Earth!”
Reviewed 25 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I am absolutely in love with Watamu Treehouse. The concept and feeling there is so authentic. The Treehouse is like something out of a dream! The open airy feel is like nothing we've ever experienced before. We went with 18 people (adults and kids between the ages of 7-12 years old). We swam with dolphins, snorkeled, paddle boarded, participated in yoga class, got massages, played on the beach and enjoyed amazing food. Paul and his staff are amazing and were able to completely accommodate all of our crazy groups' ideas and interests. I can't recommend this place enough!!! I hope we get to go every year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The creative and nurturing atmosphere
Liked least: That we couldn't stay longer!!
Travelling group: Large Group
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Julia M
“One of the best places to stay on the Kenyan coast!”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was my second time staying at the Treehouse, and both stays have been delightful! It is one of the most relaxing places I have ever been to, and you will definitely feel calmer and more peaceful once you've stayed here. Lovely beach, lovely rooms, nature all around you, lovely staff and great food! Thanks once again!

Lina D
Nairobi, Kenya
“A glimpse into paradise”
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

When coming to the Tree House in May for the first time, I was immediately caught by the magic of the place: it's unique open architecture, the beautiful interior design, the 360 degree view of the sea and the lagoon, the private hidden path to the sea, the fantastic sea food (ask for ginger crab!), attentive staff, great massages and yoga on demand make it the perfect weekend getaway from Nairobi. Paul then managed to top all this by taking us floating in Mida Creek during my last stay in September, which meant floating on the falling tide on the water leaving the Creek. An incredible experience which is only possible during full moon!
I recommend this place to everyone who is looking for a cosy escape, be it in two or with a group of friends or family. However, if you have small children, the open design of the place might make your stay less relaxing. ;)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: a design that is in complete harmony with its environment
Liked least: Wifi could be improved as it is not accessible in all rooms.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ma A
Rheda-Wiedenbruck, Germany
“The place to be!”
Reviewed 8 October 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

My Kenyan husband and me (halb Polish, half German), got together our friends and families and celebrated our multicultural wedding at the Treehouse. There couldn't be any more beautiful, cozy, natural and simply perfect place for such gatherings (and honeymoons!) than this. We enjoyed every single moment.
The staff is super polite, kind, helpful, open.. and so on :)
The rooms are one-of-a-kind beautiful.
The forest, beach and ocean are amazing.
I just can't recommend this place enough. If I could, I would move in forever!! :)
(Just like everybody else who was with me and enjoyed it just as much as I did!)
Hubby and me already came back for our honeymoon. And we're definitely going to come back again and again and again!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Fatima W
Nairobi, Kenya
“Wonderful and unforgettable place”
Reviewed 5 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Stay at the Treehouse a beautiful place and unique experience. The place itself is a wonder from the architectural point of view . It has lots of open space and each room is different and make you feel closer to nature.
The atmosphere in the place is amazing and the service excellent making you feel as part of one big family. I can highly recommended this place to everyone.
Btw it is also a good place to stay, if you wanna go kitesurfing:-)

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing