“Awful”

Restaurante Chino Gran Muralla
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I along with a friend of my wife ate here beginning of June. The staff were not friendly at all. We did not get what we ordered even though the menu is in English and we pointed at what we wanted. Plus I speak a bit of Spanish so used that as well. The food was not great at all. When I went to the toilet and went to turn the light on the switch was broken with tape all over saying do not switch on. Based on the fact that with the door closed it was pitch black I had to try and turn it on (picture attached).
All in all not a good experience

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

I have only had the takeaway from here but the food has been really great so far so can highly recommend this place. Pretty decent prices as well!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is at the same place it's always been (ignore the person saying it doesn't exist anymore!). Love the food and love the service. Yuki the owner and her family are lovely people. I always go with my family, a group of around 14 and we all love it! Ignore any bad reviews, they are probably picky eaters. From time to time a restaurant may have a problem or two but just because someone didn't like it it doesn't mean it's bad.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I've been going to the Gran Muralla for 25 years, my wife has been going for about 35. It was the first Chinese restaurant to set up in La Linea, and it's still going strong. It's not as busy as it used to be, because of the rise of the all-you-can-eat buffet, but when you want something that isn't on the "all you can eat" menu (and there's a lot of that), this place is excellent. Still very reasonable - we usually pay about 25 euros for two of us, including drinks. They do a nice takeaway as well.

Reviewed 6 November 2014

We really enjoyed a wonderful 3 course meal for just 11 euros per person plus cost of drinks but they were only 2.50 euros for glass of wine