“Nice place ”
Review of Bloomfield Square

Bloomfield Square
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Otley
Description: Bloomfield Square is a coffee shop. Quality coffee, cake and sandwiches. Hoping to expand the menu. We also run a Victorian letterpress shop in the back. So much more to come.....
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The coffee is the best tasting flat white I’ve had in Yorkshire.

The cheese toastie was also better than I expected. Thick bread with a really generous cheese filling and a nice side salad.

Overall a nice place to have lunch with friends.

The only reason I give 4 rather than 5/5 is that I think the pricing could be better and there could be a few more menu options. I’d run out of things to choose if I went more than twice.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second visit to Bloomfield Square having enjoyed the first when it just opened. Can’t fault the coffees BUT to be frank the quiche and salad were a big let down. Yes the quiche is very tasty but the portion size is half what we expect ( and neither of us have big appetites) there just wasn’t enough of it...and the salad wasn’t great to be fair. Not impressed overall. Know you’re not a greasy spoon but neither is it fine dining.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely selection of delicious cakes, coffees, and teas, but it’s a shame about the rest of the lunch menu... that consists of about 4 options - soup of the day, a pitiful looking toastie, or some overfilled sandwiches that makes for a portion that is far too large. Personally I find the décor kitchsy and too froofy, very mumsy. The place is also usually stuffed with kids, which are noisy and generally messy anyway.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Heard good things about this place so popped in for a coffee. Interior is quirky with lots of interesting things on display. Ordered a flat white and some cake at the bar and took a seat. Very uncomfortable rickety chairs and table adding to the overall vibe I’m sure but not to my taste. Coffee was fairly well made and the cake was good. Total lack of atmosphere made this feel more of a tearoom than coffee house. No chatter from the staff at all. Quiet and not particularly inviting. Not somewhere I’ll rush back to which is a shame as I really wanted to like it

1  Thank Castrovalva
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Coffee made with love by a proper barista, friendly, mad staff, quirky, mismatched vintage crockery and furnishings, old record players with eclectic selection of LPs, cakes with gluten-free and vegan options and a printing-press outback. What else do you need in a local cafe?!