Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (5 610)
5 610 results
2 953
1 609
2 953
1 609
All reviews water park lazy river seaside grill luna di mare palms restaurant fresh buffet mango anna kay bbq night teen zone diamond member jerk hut swim up bar partial ocean view coffee bar montego bay jamaican night
Selected filters
66 - 71 of 5 610 reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2021

It took us 3 days but we finally found something that was NOT amazing....the serving portions are too large. You don't get 1 piece of bacon, you get 10. Seriously, that's it!!! EVERYONE and EVERYTHING was absolutely wonderful. We travel a lot and I can honestly say the staff was like nothing I've ever seen before. Wonderful, just wonderful. Great food, service, pool, beach, water park, room service and I can go on and on. Shout out to Shanta, Omar, Calvin and so many others. Ya'll made our vacation perfect. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Room tip: We had room 150........first floor beach front.....wonderful.
1  Thank BeachBumSanAntonio
Reviewed 18 June 2021

First time on the island, hopefully not the last one. Love Jamaicans, we all need to be like them: happy with your life !
This resort is an excellent place to enjoy all that ! Javon, Nathan, Demar, everybody that works there (difficult to remember all the names) all have the same principle and same approach: Ya Mon ! L o v e i t !
Please go

1  Thank DFWgiant
Management response:Responded 19 June 2021

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.
I am pleased to hear you found your overall trip with us to your liking and that all was excellent.
We will continue to work to deliver memorable getaways.
The team will be recognized for their outstanding service especially those mentioned by names who went above and beyond to ensure you had that positive trip.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our beautiful resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

I visited this resort in January 2021. It was my 21st trip to Jamaica, my 19th stay at this resort. I went having done much research and with an understanding that many services and amenities would be altered or unavailable due to COVID.

I have used a private transportation for several years, Jackie's Real Jamaican Tours, and that review is provided separately. In a sentence, she was fabulous as always and I highly recommend her for transfers and excursions.

CHECK-IN: A huge disappointment. Initially, I was impressed as it was the fastest ever. Usually it is a painfully long process, but this time it took only about 15 minutes. I booked a partial ocean view and was on the waterpark side overlooking what appeared to be a maintenance shed and staff entrance. I had a view of the backside of the water slide and barely a sliver view of the sea. I returned to the desk and asked for a different room, not an upgraded room. I was offered an upgrade to oceanfront for the full upgrade price. No other option was offered. I was early, I wasn't even told to wait for a room to be ready later. I stayed in the room one night then opted to pay the upgrade price and move. Over the next couple days I heard several people talking about having been upgraded to oceanfront for free, some were on their first visit to the resort. I am a Hilton Honors member and my travel agent commented on my reservation about my loyalty to this specific resort. It went unnoticed. All I wanted was the room I paid for. I was very disappointed.

ROOM: Clean as always. During COVID they have a sticker on the door to show you are the first one in after the deep clean. A sticker on the fridge as well. The rooms are not fancy, but they are always clean. I find the beds very comfortable. I'm not such a fan of the pillows, but that is totally personal and not a complaint. Bathrooms are clean, not oversized or fancy, but will absolutely suffice. Hairdryers and travel size shampoo, conditioner, and soap are provided. Outlets are few and oddly placed. I always bring an extension cord. Since COVID they are providing a bottle of hand sanitzer and package of hand wipes. Since COVID you do have to be in your room to get your minfridge restocked, but I didn't have any trouble. One day I just wanted a couple bottles of Ting, the lady with the cart happened to be in the hall and handed them to me. I'm not sure if that's always ok and if you want more it might not work out. I'm sure they track items even though they are included.

FOOD: Was very good, perhaps better than usual and I always like the food here. I was sad to not be able to eat at my favorite restaurant, Three Palms, as it was closed due to COVID. Luna is my second favorite and is usually Italian, but they were serving the Three Palms menu. I missed the ambiance of Three Palms and the food of Luna. Seaside was also closed for both lunch and dinner. The jerk hut on the beach was closed, you could get jerk chicken, pork, and festival near the main pool. It was very good, just minus the ambiance of the beach jerk hut. Moostone, which is at the east edge of the waterpark on the beach, was not open at dinner, but it was open for lunch and was good. It is pizza and the variety of toppings was nice, last time I was here I think it there were only three or four but this time they had more than I could sample in a week. Mangoes is at the waterpark and was fabulous for lunch as always. They have a variety of items including nachos, burgers, Jamaican patties, salads, etc. I've heard Mangoes is open for dinner at times during the year. I've never been there when this is available as I generally go at low times of year. It was not open for dinner in January. Fresh is the buffet and I always get breakfast here and am never disappointed. It is open for lunch, but I have never chosen this option. I've heard it is very good. Dinner is themed each night of the week with a few staples. For a buffet I am very impressed with the food. The times I can't find something I realize it's because I'm just not hungry. The coffee shop off the lobby is amazing and also has donuts, cookies and such. The view is spectacular, a great place to grab a cup of coffee and relax. The smoothie hut on the beach was also closed.

BEACH: Montego Bay is not known for it's idyllic beaches, if you need perfection go to Negril. It's certainly much better than anything I have near my home though, so I don't complain. A portion of the beach directly in front of the main pool has been eroded and they brought in large rocks to preserve what is left. Years ago the beach to the west was used, but currently it's not in use. You can walk there, but no chairs or bars are in this area. The beach in use is to the east. The first portion is in front of the waterpark. It is the most active and noisy as families tend to gather here due to proximity to the waterpark. The sand is nice and deep here. Initially upon entering the water it is a little rocky, just take a few steps and you get past them. On east is what many refer to as the quiet beach. The sand is not as deep and it is further from the waterpark, so it attracts fewer kids. The entire beach can have seaweed and the amount is entirely dependent on the weather. If the water is rough it will wash more onto the beach. Everyday there are guys out there raking it up, so no worries. Be nice to them. Say hi, make friends, they work hard. Once in the water, there are areas of sea weed. It's a loose grass type. If you have your own snokel gear, stand still and take a peek, you'll be shocked at what you find here. I've seen many varieties of fish and even a couple rays.

WATER SPORTS: In January only non-motorized activities were available. The weather was not ideal, the water was pretty rough, so I spent most of my time letting sand gravity take hold. I did go out on the sail boat once. They have aquatrikes and kayaks as well. When the motorized activities are available they have a snorkeling trip, glass bottom boat, fishing trips, a Big Mable tow behind. I might be missing something, but that's the gist. The water sports hut is at the far east end of the beach, just walk down and check it out. Motorized activities are not included in the all-inclusive package, but you can charge them to your room and pay on check-out.

ENTERTAINMENT: I fail to understand why it has to be so LOUD. Literally screaming into microphones turned up full blast. You cannot even have a conversation at your table or talk to your server. If you have an oceanfront room or one overlooking the main pool and you go back before the entertainment is over it is literally vibrating the windows. It can be fun without having to be so loud. I think they spend more and more time advertising outside excursions. Get to the entertainment. Don't we all fast forward through commercials?

STAFF: The absolute reason I keep coming back to this resort. Those on the frontlines are quite generally flawless. The rest can be quiet, I'm told they are trained to let guests initiate conversation, we are on vacation and may not want to talk to everyone we meet. Sort of sad. If you make eye contact and say hi you will get a response and you just might make a friend. Some I've known since I started coming in the 90's, others for less time. I look forward to seeing them all. Honorable mention goes to:
Royan at the front entrance
Anna Kay at Fresh
Dahlia at Fresh
Nathan at Luna
Oniel raking the east beach
Burton in water sports

TIPPING: It is not required, it is allowed. You will get good service no matter and you will not be pressured. I tip. Particularly those I have more interaction with through my stay. I tip the bellman, the amount depends on the number in my party (number of bags), but $5-10 per adult is a good estimate. I request the same server at breakfast and I tip her once at the end of the week. I know her now and tip her more, but consider the number in your party and how much you asked of them or what special things they did for you. I tip the server at Luna and Three Palms the night I go. Again, consider your party and what you pay for a nice night out at home. I'm not a drinker, but some folks like to get to know a bartender. You can give them a tip larger tip now and then and they'll remember your preferences and such. If you go off the resort plan to tip the driver, any excursions are not part of the resort package. On arrival at the airport you should tip anyone who handles your bags, $1 or $2 per bag. On the return trip a hint is to NOT let anyone handle your bags at the airport. You are dropped off at the door. Just give them a polite no thanks. Do tip your driver both to and from the airport, again it's not part of your all-inclusive resort package.

COVID: Mind you this was 1/21, who knows when protocols will change. On arrival you wipe your feet on a mat, sanitize your hands, and get your temperature taken. Your luggage is taken for you and they sanitize it while you check in. You have to wear a mask in public areas such as the lobby, gift shop etc. If you are eating, obviously you can have it off, but if up and around in a restaurant they ask you to put it on. Examples would be entering and exiting, getting seconds at the buffet. You do not have to wear a mask on the beach, at the waterpark, or around the pool. I couldn't figure out if you were supposed to wear it when up and around. Most people didn't if they were just up walking around and I followed. If ordering at the bars or restaurants they do ask you to put it on. Generally, in the bathrooms people were not wearing them. Staff wear them at all times. I felt quite comfortable with the COVID protocols and have no doubt whatever changes take place over time will be well advised.

I knew somethings would be different due to COVID. No real disappointments in that regard. I do hope the front desk can figure out the room situation. I never expect an upgrade, but I do expect the room I pay for. I'm already booked to return October 2021.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Beachidler
Reviewed 13 June 2021

Can’t lie I was a little worried after reading some reviews but this was by far the best decision for my first time in Jamaica the people were wondering & friendly the whole time and the live entertainment was great. Hotel was clear and big on hand sanitizing and wearing ya masks when interacting with someone. Which was great because I didn’t get vaccinated which I might since I’ll be traveling more. However, it was a great amount of food choices and the drinks were on point. Side note everything close early and the food offered when the restaurant were close wasn’t good. I had a nice time still, I’m not sure if it was a great experience because I was tipping(a few dollars which was much to them or they were just very appreciative) most nights but the love was greatly felt. Did a few off the resort excursion, offered by the hotel that was FUN. Just make sure you see Nicholas. If you’re thinking about booking here, just do it and enjoy your time. Well worth it.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2021

I was really disappointed because I went there with high expectations for a relaxing time and to introduce my friends and family but I was really embarrassed front desk was rude and room was dirty

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Management response:Responded 19 June 2021

Thank you for spending your time with us an for providing your feedback.
Our sincerest apologizes that we did not meet or exceed your overall expectations leading to your disappointment. We take this very seriously and will be addressing to ensure there is no reoccurrence and our high standard is delivered from customer service to our offerings to fully satisfying our guest.
Thank you again for spending your time with us, we are truly sorry you departed not fully satisfied and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again.