Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (8 267)
8 267 results
6 435
1 275
6 435
1 275
All reviews surf and turf port maria butler service jo dane lobster star friends lobby bar ocean front pool concierge bubble bath dinner reservations g money japanese restaurant boogie nights montego bay our honeymoon top shelf
Selected filters
83 - 88 of 8 267 reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2021

The hotel literally treats you like royalty from the moment you walk in. Offering unlimited drinks and food and practicing the best sanitizing standards. Me and my husband were amazed and we are hard to please.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, Marketing at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear guest,

We would like first of all for you to know that we are really pleased that you had such an excellent holiday with us at our hotel. Every area and every service of our hotel is designed to provide a quality holiday experience even in this new normality, and whenever we receive confirmation this has been achieved we consider it a success story.

We would like to thank you once again for your appreciation and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2021

Well let me start by saying that cleanliness is my thing and Ibero is as clean as it can possibly be. The pool is excellent and the drinks are flowing. I had such a good time. I had one bad experience with the guy down by the jerk hut but I let it pass because the other amenities were excellent!.
If you go and don't try the parasail then you are crazy person or a complete chicken!!
All in all Iberostar should be your next stay in Jamaica.

Room tip: All rooms are great
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Hartnell C
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, Marketing at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our establishment. We are always very happy to receive confirmation our guests have enjoyed an excellent holiday and have left with wonderful memories.Every day is a new and exciting challenge for us based on providing our guests with a feeling of staying at another home from home.

We thank you once again for your kind comment and we look forward to welcoming you back again. Until then, we wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2021

It is with regret that I must contact you in reference to the bill adjustment I was guaranteed by your management Michelle Grossett, after the first night of my vacation on December 24, 2020. It is my belief that one week is an efficient amount of time to complete this transaction and provide me transactional updates. I even stalled in completing my survey with you and Tripadvisor in hopes that a resolution would be made prior to me providing feedback of my stay.
I would like to begin with stating that with the exception of your Assistant Manager who failed to provide her name and attempted to redirect me to Customer Service without hearing my grievance, you have some of the best staff/employees I have ever encountered globally (which I noted to Michelle). Due to our access to both resorts, staff like Safa, Avon, Cheveron, and O’brien provided us a sense of belonging-home away from home. We are forever grateful for their hospitality.
This was not only a Christmas vacation, but a celebration for my daughter’s commencement from College in May. Due to COVID-19, like all other college graduates she will not have a graduation and will begin her new career immediately after the semester ends. Although I could not replace her commencement ceremony, this vacation was my gift to her.
Our trip began with us being informed that although my booking states two double beds, a King Bedroom was prepared so we had to wait. I was a bit perplexed considering we arrived over two hours past our check-in due to airport line delays. We took in stride, went to the beach buffet which was closing but, allowed us to grab some food. This process took some time for some odd reason but again, we took it stride and forged forward. Upon surveying our room, we discovered our electrical outlets were interpower prong sockets which was not listed on the website. The telephone outlet was charging one percent per ten minutes with our USB cords so we contacted our Butler in efforts to find a local store to purchase adapters. He moved the nightstand, unplugged a device and directed us to another outlet hidden across the room. Considering I could contact my (one who was ill), I was satisfied. My excitement quickly diminished when our Butler informed us that our only dinner option for the evening was the Japanese Hibachi…I am not a fan of anything Hibachi. I inquired about the other restaurant options listed on the websites and at the other resorts (unaware that one resort was closed) and he stated we had to have reservations (which we were not informed of). At this time, we were exhausted and famished! It was after seven pm and we had been up traveling since three am. We asked about a taxi service in efforts to find food off the resort which we were able to achieve.
Upon returning to the resort, we attempted to shower get ready for bed however, the toilet began to run endlessly. Exhausted and dirty, we halted our showering and evening routines in efforts for maintenance to fix the toilet. He arrived about fifteen minutes very kind and gracious however, it took him about an hour to repair the toilet. He also helped us resolve our television dilemma (all Spanish) which was we were given the wrong remote control (he brought us the correct one).
Finally, around midnight I was able to shower and get ready for bed…only to pull back my linens and see small faintish brownish-red stains (I took pictures) on the sheets and one pillow sham). I was confused because I typically check these things first when I enter a room and couldn’t see how I missed this…maybe because they were under the pillow. Needless to say, I was fuming at this moment. I called the front desk and demanded management and of course was informed that they were gone for the evening but would be in at eight am. I informed them that management needed to contact me first thing in the morning but someone needed to come change our linens which they did.
It was now after one am, I had almost been without sleep for twenty-four hours, frustrated and disappointed but sleepy above all things. As I began to nod off, I heard the sound of water. I called out to my daughter and she said, “yes, the toilet is running again”. By this time, I was so exhausted that we shut the door to the toilet stall, shut both bathroom doors, and closed the door to our suite in efforts to filter out the noise. I unfortunately forgot that I am a light sleeper and as a homeowner, the sound of running water from a toilet was not conducive to sleep.
After my honoring my commitment to Safa, and participating in your Iberostar Vacation initiative offer (unsure of the proper title), I was directed to the management office to make my complaint. This is where I encountered the only staff member, the Assistant Manager, who could benefit from additional training. Fortunately, Mrs. Grossett entered the office and kindly intervened, offered to upgrade us a different room, and adjust my bill. Mrs. Grossett also stated that Butler service would move our luggage while we were on our excursion which they so graciously did. Thank God our excursions lasted the entire day (eleven thirty am to seven pm) because our new room was not available until five thirty pm (according to our Butler on WhatsApp)…imagine hearing a leaky/running toilet until five thirty pm.
Again, we were determined to enjoy our vacation, new room and Christmas Eve. Our Butler O’Brien attempted to log both my daughter in to Iberostar app we downloaded in efforts to see the restaurant options but as with us, it failed so he provided the options verbally and we verified them through WhatsApp. After dinner, we decided to partake in the Christmas Eve activities. We later returned to our room to order room service only to discover our phone did not work. I WhatApped my Butler in efforts to inform him of the issue but received no response for 30 minutes. Due to my medication requiring food consumption, my daughter was forced to get dressed and go to the front desk to order.
The next morning, I began receiving knocks at the door at eight am and even had someone enter our room (unsure what time but they closed the door to our suite). My daughter is a late sleeper however, I don’t make a habit of waking up at eight am on vacation however I arisen, showered, and dressed with the intentions on addressing the phone issues and ordering breakfast (on WhatsApp) when our daytime Butler arrived. He informed me that he would order breakfast for us and ask if maintenance could come which they did. What I thought would be a quick change of phones from maintenance resulted in the rewiring of connections within the walls. I informed my daughter to take all of her items within the bathroom in efforts for her to get dressed in the bathroom after her shower.
Prior to arriving, I was also informed that we would have access to all three properties including dining facilities. Iberostar failed to disclose that their Beach property was closed and only ONE restaurant was opened per night!
I filed a complaint online and received a response that someone from the resort would be contacting me soon. It has now been over a month and I have not received any form of communication nor an adjustment to my bill. I provided the online compliant services the same contextual background and photographs of the soiled linens I provided management, Mrs. Grossett, who offered me a bill adjustment.

Room tip: The staff were kind and very professional however, the rooms, food, and property were not as advertised!
Date of stay: December 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback both positive and constructive. We apologise that we did not exceed the standard you had received during your previous stay and sincerely regret that your vacation was affected by the details you mentioned. Our goal at all times is to provide the highest level of service and to exceed our clients’ expectations. It is apparent that this was not the case with your vacation, and we do strongly regret this.

Once you reported your discomfort, our staff acted swiftly in providing you with a room change to an upgraded category. We did a courtesy check for feedback on how your stay was going, and our reports show that you expressed that everything was okay. There seems to have been a misunderstanding, as we were not aware that you were seeking to be further compensated. We are however greatful for the communication as it will enableus to improve on our services.

Your comments have been discussed at length with all the relevant departments involved to ensure the hotel maintains its standard and do not have a recurrence, and our management team at the resort will be reaching out to you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2021

This hotel property has 2 hotels open currently but only 1 restaurant. Your adults only vacation now includes dining with families and on some nights require you to go to the family hotel to dine.

The good....few guests at hotel.

Date of stay: February 2021
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, Marketing at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

Dear Customer,

We thank you for giving us your constructive review as we are aware of the importance of taking care of all the details if we want to offer a perfect stay in this new normality. We will be really happy to have the opportunity to welcome you in the near future. Sincerely, Quality Manager Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Reviewed 31 January 2021 via mobile

It’s a girls trip and it’s our second time to Jamaica and here at Iberostar and I Will definitely be back because it was an amazing experience the bar staff and front desk staff was amazing big thanks to our concierge Janel and kyzan

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, Marketing at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2021

Dear guest,

We are delighted to read this comment and know that you had a great time at our hotel. Please come back and see us again in the not too distant future.

Best regards,