All reviews olive trees air con sun loungers plenty of sunbeds steep hill lady at reception hotel is situated short break friendly bar staff decent shower lovely week tea making facilities hot and cold food pool area my partner and i have just bus stop choose this hotel
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Just back from two glorious weeks of sunshine in Gouvia, Corfu. This is definitely is the place l will be going back to. Nothing is too much trouble for the management and staff 24 7. The best bits *Not too far from the airport * Just a little bit secluded, Feels like a tropical hideaway. There are enough guests to give you that friendly atmospheric vibe , but not too many that you are lost in the crowd * Great food * immaculate rooms * freshest cleanest swimming pool. l have been in * bus service to Corfu every 30 minuted. If you want to chill for a couple of weeks or a few days l couldn’t recommend this enough . Thank you Amanda and the Paradise team , you made my holiday Perfect

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ELAINE C
AM732014, Owner at Paradise Hotel Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Thank you for your excellent review. We are glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and it didn't disappoint. Previously our holidays have concentrated on Spain and I had not been to Greece for some years, but what a pleasant surprise it was! Despite the obvious economic problems (overflowing bins, numerous empty half built houses) the people were happy and friendly without fail. We had a lovely welcome on arrival at the Paradise hotel and every member of staff acknowledged us with a smile and had a chat with us every day. To save time, I will comment as follows:
Room: we had one of the renovated rooms and it was simply lovely. Very modern and well decorated with a balcony and a fridge. We took our own kettle which made our stay much easier for tea in the morning. Minor complaint was that the AC was soo blowy it was not possible to sleep with it on - it may be possible to redirect the blower but it was not that hot, so I didn't ask.
Bathroom: Well designed, contemporary and decent shower.
Cleanliness: Second to none- the place was immaculate.
Food: Pretty good for mass catering - although not that much choice for vegetarians although they were pleased to adapt recipes on my husbands behalf!
Pool: I have never seen a pool so clean - no really. The cleaners should be given a pat on the back! The only downside was us both making idiots of ourselves when the sunbeds tipped back leaving our legs akimbo! We learnt quickly.
Location: Great views over hills, garden, pool and sea. Sublime. Great access to bus stops for access to Corfu town and other places. Walking distance from Gouvia and the beach (although there are better beaches). Very close to Marias supermarket - she was so friendly and helpful and it is cheaper to buy your bus tickets from her rather than on the bus.
Staff: Fantastic, friendly, helpful, informative....need I say more?
As others have mentioned, the hill from the main road to the hotel may put the elderly off and it might be a struggle. We enjoyed it, as we ate so much, we needed the exercise!
All in all a lovely holiday and we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms- they have a fridge!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Paradise hotel is a family run hotel. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help.This hotel is well maintained, modern and well run with the managress coming to say hello, making sure you are enjoying your stay.
This hotel is near to local shops. You can get a bus from the main road to take you to the town centre. To save money It is best to buy your daily bus pass from the local shop. They have buffet dinner & breakfast where you can select from varieties of food .I will recommend this hotel anytime and I will be visiting again.Thanks to the porter who attended to us on our arrival. He offered to make us something to eat since we arrived so late in the early hours in the morning. Once again thanks to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.keep up the good work.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Paradise Hotel ... P, Owner at Paradise Hotel Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I spent a week at the Paradise Hotel in late September 2017 and had a wonderful time.

The location of the hotel is very good, and the sympathetic layout makes the most of it: the large, well laid out terrace/swimming pool area which has stunning views of wooded hills and Gouvia Bay. The terrace/swimming pool area itself is planted with mature olive and palm trees and has both sunny and shady spots all day.

The staff are fantastic, very friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. All are fluent in at least 4 languages. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is not quite restaurant quality but then again is not trying to be (good mass-catering). Breakfast and dinner are served buffet-style with lots of different dishes. They are excellent value for money (evening buffet €12 euros) and use local ingredients and Greek recipes which I appreciated. The beer and wine are more than palatable (I conclude after much taste-testing ).

The hotel is lovely and quiet and most of the guests are older couples (don't come here if you're looking for wild night-life). I felt very comfortable here as a solo holiday-maker and I was not charged a single supplement. The guests there when I was there were international, mainly German, English, French and Italian. It was lovely to hear all the different languages.

As a voracious reader I appreciated the well-stocked book exchange and whiled away many a happy hour on the sunlounger with some light fiction.

Guests may take advantage of a 10% discount at Corfu Tours which offers some very good day-trips. I went to Albania for the day and also had another day sailing around Paxos and Antipaxos. The Albania trip had some issues, chiefly a very rude tour guide, but the Paxos and Antipaxos trip was pure pleasure.

The hill which is mentioned in many reviews is insignificant and anyone without mobility issues should be able to climb it.

If I had to include a negative point - and I'm really reaching here - you have to be very careful how you sit on the sunloungers otherwise they will upend you and you will look very silly on your back with your legs in the air in front of the other guests!

All in all I've had a wonderful relaxing holiday which was excellent value for money - many thanks to Amanda and the rest of the lovely staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank liz_lovett
AM732014, Owner at Paradise Hotel Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for your super review. We are glad you enjoyed your holiday with us. All the team send you their best wishes and hope to see you again at the Paradise.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Nice hotel, friendly staff, quiet location but bars and restaurants close by. Hotel up a hill, which was Ok during the day but could be quite dark at night as wasn't many street lights. Good in the hotel was different, breakfast was cold and hot buffet, Evening meal was similar, as there weren't many British visitors I would say the food catered more for the others guests. The weather was warm during the day but chilly at night, jacket needed.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front get the sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 59stepstoheaven
AM732014, Owner at Paradise Hotel Corfu, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our clientele is very mixed and we find it more fun that way! Therefore it is impossible to cater for one specific nationality. For this reason we try to provide Greek and Mediterranean choices. However you can still find egg, bacon and beans for breakfast and if you have any special requests we are happy to fulfill them. We hope to see you again one day in Corfu. Kind regards from all the staff.