Good hotel, friendly staff, very good breakfast. The only problem was that the air condition in the room wasn't up to dealing with temperatures in excess of 38°C... Other than that I'd come back. Maybe just not in August...More
- Free Wifi
Good hotel, friendly staff, very good breakfast. The only problem was that the air condition in the room wasn't up to dealing with temperatures in excess of 38°C... Other than that I'd come back. Maybe just not in August...MoreShow less
Thank you for your recent. We are so sorry for the air condition. We are planning in future to install everywhere in hotel.
It is our pleasure to make our guests satisfied.
We look forward to your next visit.
Have a nice day.
team of hotel Theresia
This hotel in Kolín is located in the beginning of the town. Clean and friendly from personal point of view. Food very ok. Inside atrium is also nice. The only issue is bathrooms which need reconstruction. Room are renovated with new furniture, but bathroom still the same.
Thank you for your rates. We are happy to hear from you that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel Theresia. The bathrooms are in progress to renove it.
Thank you and we wish you a nice day.
team of hotel Theresia
Good hotel at Kolin
A great place to stay and very near to Kolin, for our businesstrip it was great because our company isn’t far from the Hotel
Clean, comfortable, very good dinner and the breakfast buffet was great
Thank you for your rating. We are very pleased that you enjoyed us and we are looking forward to your next visit to our hotel Theresia.
Have a nice day.
The hotel team
What has been lost in the way to the 5 stars review? Just a minor things...
1. Someone (not very clever) in the past decided that towels belong to the bed and some hotels copy him like the thing it’s still trendy. No, they do not, no it is not. I don't want to move them from bed to bathroom first thing I enter the room. Had a long trip. Haven't seen this habit for a long time in other countries...
2. Room amenities include "coffee/tea maker, electric kettle". No logic „and” here, just one or another. Read it literally please. By the way, there is no tea, coffee, etc. You'll be fine if you travel like me with teabags of breakfast, earl grey and green one plus coffee, decaf, sugar, sweetener and milk. Just kidding... Dreamed a cup of tea after long journey? You better be prepared.
3. In the country of perfectly potable tap water you're offered a water from 'minibar" priced, let's say, quite high. Wouldn't it be nice and more welcoming to enter the room where one cheap bottle of water is offered to you in no charge and one shelf in the fridge is for your own use? Like they think how make your stay nicer? You reach hotel after long trip and a cup of water and towels in place would be nice, I think. Anyway, I kick out minibar content for now to chill my snacks…You should try Ostepek and Parenica cheeses. Heaven in mouth! Flushed down with apple and beetroot juice.
4. TV of a size of Second Class Post Stamp. Probably 17 inches the most. They say TV SAT channels… Unless it’s a Satellite transmitting 35 Czech channels in SD quality only…Anyway, who still watches TV in 21 Century? No chance to watch this cheap LED from the armchair due to and angle. Sound is similar to old mobile phones. No bass or trebles, only 1-3 kHz hurting your ears. Only way is to watch from your bed. Wait! Can’t watch it unless it ’s on the ceiling right above you. Pillows are flat as pancakes, bad news for tv watchers and side sleepers. 2 available small pillows don’t help a bit.
5. Toiletries included. Soap, Shampoo, Shower gel, Conditioner and Body Balm is what you’re used to? Forget it. A bar of nice soap and 35ml of Relax/Refresh/Revive/Dead Sea Minerals/ Hair & Body Shampoo will do this time. Long hair blonde or need shower twice? Tesco in walking distance is a solution here.
5, No reading lamp. You need iBooks or Kindle.
Now we go to the important part:
6. Internet speed. Impressingly good, checked in February, (out of season) 8PM. Download 40.66Mbps, Upload 18.52Mbps.Watching Netflix in HD, All your connections active, FaceTime no video issues
7. Bed, OKish, materace semi hard, need new/additional pillows instead of pancakes. Duvet feels like 12 tog. We want to feel home. We love pillows, don’t we?
8. No-nonsence shower in the bath. Water force doesn’t brake your spine but hot enough and flow high enough to finish shower before you got bored. Nice feeling, good warmth and you feel ready and smiling after.
9. Car park. No dedicated space but plenty of places around, seem to be secure, looks like quiet residential area.
10. Breakfast. Decent. Not much vegetarian or low calories but no surprise, in Czechia half of the market shelves are full of meat. Vaggie fashion and no smoking is still to come. Sausages good, selection of fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers, all the continental stuff. Juices fro concentrate.
Summary: Still 4 stars stays. For the price you pay you can’t get wrong. Hotel could get better with higher prices and better service. Now they are in limbo between cheap budget wit aspirations and 3 stars with no commitment to it. Will I stay again? With pleasure. For my visits I need late night and morning shower, bed and breakfast. All media I need is decent internet.
Thank you for your score. We appreciate your views and inspiration. Believe us that we are constantly working on improving the hotel.
We wish you a nice day and we look forward to your next visit.
Team of hotel Theresia
We stopped here on the way to Prague, and everything was as it should be in this type hotel. Staff was ok, cleanliness was ok, location ok, but it could be better because if you want to go to the center of Kolin, it's around 15min walk, if it's summer it's ok, but if it's raining? About breakfast - staff really needs to work faster, because if they know that last night group came in, at breakfast it will be full of people and you will need to refill food ASAP.
Thank you very much for your feedback dear guest. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we will be looking forward to your next visit. We can borrow you an umbrella when is raining for future. :)
Best regards team of hotel Theresia.
I booked double room single use for myself & the room they gave me first was an ugly single room! When I complain about that they changed it to my original reservation which was a room 3 times bigger with more comfort.
Good morning dear guest.
Thank you for your feedback.
You are right that we made a fault when we prepared a single room for you and we are sorry for that. However we would like to inform you that the room you later stayed in was not a double room (according to your original reservation) it was a suite and it was given to you as an apology for our previous mistake.
team of hotel Theresia.