All reviews self catering santa cruz thai restaurant la palma mountain view euro deposit pool bar hired a car small tv bed and breakfast morning sun organised walks beautiful island lower floor walkers paradise longer stay bars and restaurants
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Spent there a week with my sons family incl. 2 year old. We got two appartements from the ground floor of Lanzarote building so we had backgarden together which was very good thing, easy for 2 year old to run between. Appartements had spacious bedroom with comfy beds and large wardrobe. Bathrooms were big enough with the bathtubes and every appartement has its own waterboiler so it was up to us if there was enough hot water to everybody, so no long hot showers :) Kitchennet has pots and pans and cooker and microwave owen and cutlery and dishes for three in each appartement. You could lend coffeemaker and watercooker for 10 €/each and you get money back when you return them. Food table was small but the sofa was big and livingroom was spacious enough too. You could also hire key to safetybox and you get that deposit of 30€ back.
Backgarden had normal plastic garden table with two stools each. Our backgarden was really peaceful and we had lots of catfriends to visit us daily <3 Rooms were really clean and cleanded every day and the cleaner ladies were very friendly. For lights you need a plastic card, so dont forget to ask for it :)
Pool area was clean and there were lots of sunbeds, it is quite windy though as it faces to the sea. There are three pools, two for adults and one for children. One adult pool was heated and water was over +25 most of the days and the other adult pool was about + 20 most of the days but children pool was only + 16 most of the time so our 2 year old wouldnt go in there and so wouldnt any other kids during our week. I was really dissappointed to that and I'm sure not to be the only one. Also they advertise that they have play house with toys and other kids activities but it was not open at all during our stay and there were other kids around too then, so so sad. They do have some playground activities though like slides, climbing net and a small merrygoround but it was based on rough pebbles that are really bad for little feet and knees and that made me very sad. They have large green lawns so why not but those kids stuff there? Like round that lovely little boat? Well, I did write all about that to them allready :)
We where self-catering so cant say anything about the food but the dining room looked really really nice with lots of good looking food on them as I happend to pass by one night. They also have some shownights, like flamenco but missed that too. On Fridays they seem to have outdoor barbecue at the pool bar like grilled meats or paella.
If you are looking for peaceful adult hotel with beautiful surroundins then I can recommend this hotel. But not for families with small children, no way.
Staff was ever so friendly and helpful too. Thank you to them for everything!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank 12222011e
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed here recently. The hotel's accommodation is apartment style which means you get a separate living area, bedroom and bathroom with modest kitchen facilities so plenty of room. Rooms are comfortable if a little basic. Restaurant offers buffet style breakfast and dinner with a wide range of food and plenty of choice. Wine was reasonable priced. One heated and one non-heated pool in area overlooking the sea and hotel garden. Staff very friendly and helpful. Do ask for a kettle, they are not provided as standard, 10 Euros deposit.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view and if possible higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Reigatetravellers
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We had a great family holiday at Las Olas, traveling with a baby and a 4 year old. We were very lucky and we had great weather, only one rainy day. The staff was very helpfull. We had breakfast and there was a lot of choice and no long waiting lines. There were a lot of elderly people (who were very nice!) and not as much young families, but nevertheless it was a great holiday.
The heated pool was very nice, we thought that the non heated pool was too cold but we swam in it anyways and we weren't the only ones which we didn't think would have been possible in november/december. The beach is not to far and a beautiful walk worth taking. You can visit Santa Cruz by bus, which is certainly worth it.
We will be visiting La Palma again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 212helenav
RESERVASLASOLAS, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Las Olas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear Sir/Madam.
Thank you very much for kind comments.
Best regards from La Palma

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Not a good start to the holiday my Tui flt was delayed by 1-45mins when we landed we had 40mins wait getting through the passport control one man on duty who scanned everyone's passport 10-15 seconds for every passenger over 250 passengers and l was at the back of the queue just has well not to many flights land here, Transfer to the hotel was only 10 minutes great. Checking the hotel was another 30mins wait check in lady could not find the first person booking confirmation the man was phoning Tui up then giving the phone to the receptionist who then gave it back horrendous I just wanted to go bed it's been a long day. Got to my room no sea or pool views which I have paid for back to the receptionist( who by this time I was feeling sorry for as was fairly new) she said hotel is full but she will make a note of it and to come back in the morning, OK and went to my room to have a cup of tea No kettle or toaster in the self catering room, boiled a pan and a cuppa went to bed not a great start to my relaxing holiday. Had a phone call from the reception in the morning saying they had a room for me to view with a sea and a pool view which a gratefully accepted, nice large room comfy bed things starting to look up for a change, asked about kettle & toaster €10 deposit on each? Why are they not in the room already, are they expecting people to put them in their luggage and fly home they're only a £5 each in Asda 4star hotel? Hotel is really nice large pools one of them is heated enjoyed my swims in them, pool bar is nice with friendly staff all the staff around the hotel very pleasant with a cheery hola . Bar inside is good with entertainment on 4 night's a week there is a Thai restaurant in the hotel which people had said is excellent would recommend this hotel. Los Cancajos is a backpackers/hikers/trail walkers paradise with loads of organised walks and coach tours of the Island, but not for me just wanted a quiet week by the pool although this wasn't always possible has it is raining off and on all week, nothing in Los Cancajos to do here of a night time apart from eating at the few restaurants about, I would return to this hotel as it is very clean and the staff from the cleaner's to bar staff and reception staff very helpful can't blame anyone for the weather

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Glynn B
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My wife and I stayed for a 10 day break from the 13th jan. It was my wifes birthday on the 15th and when we returned from our day out the hotel had left a bottle of champagne (Cava in ice and a card), this was done with no prompting from me and was highlighted by the front desk when we checked in our passports. lovely touch which meant a lot.
Breakfast was fine,lots of choice (we only stayed B&B). The rooms were clean and comfortable. Only 5-10 mins from the airport (only heard 2 or 3 planes during the 2 days we spent by the pool). We had a mountain view and the road was just below us. i am a relatively light sleeper and the traffic noise was almost non existent until about 0700 when the odd lorry went past. A bus stop is outside the hotel and buses run to Santa Cruz every 30 mins only about 1.40 euros a trip. All in all a wonderful holiday and recommended. Only downside there was wi-fi only in the main dining/reception/pool area and not in the rooms.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view which was good but I feel I would have preferred a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple