All reviewsunagidipolog cityjapanese foodjunior suitefree breakfastrooms are cleanconvenience storewestern breakfastrestaurant staffwine pairingaccommodating staffpastatop floorumami restaurantfree shuttletwo thumbsmake you feel at home
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stay here every year when we visit family in Dipolog , it’s a 4+ Star hotel to us, that has everything you would find in a Hilton in the US, but at a fraction of the cost . 2 great restaraunts on site, a convenience store next to it, everything you can think of minutes walking distance . Free breakfast in the mornings, airport shuttle offered at no cost. Rooms are very modern an clean, has a raindrop shower in the bathroom , Beds are comfortable, Staff is very helpful, a wonderful hotel

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2018

We had to stay overnight in Dapitan since our flight is at 7am the next day. So from our 3 nights stay in Dakak, I opted to reserve a room in D'hotel, so we can also explore the city and buy pasalubong :) I first inquired thru their Facebook page, however, when I was asking for the payment details, I didn't receive feedback, na "seen zone" ako. So I called D'hotel and made the reservation over the phone. The lady (sorry I am bad with names) who took my call, advised me that they have a room available. They didn't ask for DP but i was willing to provide my cc. Then 3 days before my reservation date. I received a phone call confirming if my reservation will push thru. I was already in Dakak at that time. So I confirmed my booking.

The hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the city. It is fairly new, and there's a fancy restaurant beside it - Tonino's Restaurant. We arrived from Dakak at 1:15pm, check-in was a breeze. We had to wait for a few minutes for our room to be ready. We were given welcome drinks, i think it was cucumber juice (i like it, it's delish).

Our room was located at the 2nd floor, and I was surprised because they have allocated a smoking area (very helpful for those who smoke, like my hubby). The room was quite small - very basic. Queen size bed, AC, bathroom with hot and cold shower. It was okay for me since we will only be staying there for the night. There's a bottled water for free, they also have blow dryer (woohoo). You will know that the hotel is failry new because the room and the bathroom are very clean (no signs of aging). I had an issue though with my bath towel, after I took a shower in the afternoon, I noticed the damp smell in the towel while I was wiping my face, it doesn't smell fresh :(

Since our shuttle service to the airport (airport transfer is included in the room rate) at 5:30am. Their breakfast starts at 6:30am, they asked us if we would like siopao or egg sandwich for our packed brekky (+ bottled water). My hubby had siopao (he said it tasted good naman daw) and I got egg sandwich (the sandwich is kinda soggy prolly because the egg is still soaked with cooking oil).

I love the location and the modern style of the hotel. Despite the minor issues we encountered, I will still recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Mario Dandi R, General Manager at D'Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Maám,

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to share your review of your recent stay at D'Hotel & Suites. I am glad to know that you love the location and modern style of the hotel and that you will recommend us to your friends.

In behalf of D'Hotel & Suites, I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you suffered with regards to your inquiry and the issue with your bath towel. I am hugely concerned and disappointed that you did not have the overall experience of D'hotel & Suites that we are proud to provide the many guests who choose to stay with us. We will surely take steps to ensure that such unacceptable lapses do not happen again.

I really do hope that you will consider trying us again as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in Junior Suite for a seminar in Dapitan City. I opt to stay in Dipolog as Dapitan has very few hotel offerings. Anyway, I had used the free airport service which is really convenient. I suppose to do early check in but I was advised that it will for a fee of 300/hr in which not cost efficient for me.. You need to deposit 1000 for incidental charges. Staff were nice especially Faye that attended to my concerns attentively. In my check out, its good that shuttle service is available as early as 530am and I was given 2 cake slices as replacement for complimentary bfast that is not yet available. Above all, Dhotel i guess is far the best hotel in Dipolog!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Mario Dandi R, General Manager at D'Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share this review about your recent experiences at D'Hotel & Suites. We are delighted to hear that you found our service and your overall experience to be very good.

Indeed, I am very proud of our staff who undertake every effort of giving the best service to our guests. It will be my great pleasure to share your praise with the team - especially Faye who attended to your concerns.

Again, thank you for your fantastic review and I look forward to welcoming you back to D'Hotel & Suites in the very near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to D'Hotel in Dipolog. I've heard it was a nice hotel and this was true.

Room:

The room was contemporary, clean and spacious. I had a Jr. Suite and it had everything I wanted including a safe, fridge, big windows (although the location doesn't provide much if a view), a spacious and clean bathroom, and a lounging chair. One thing I did not have was many power outlets. Aside for the outlets for the TV and water pot, I could not locate one until my fiance found one behind a bedside table. More visible outlets would be great especially since modern day travelers tend to have multiple electric devices to power. The hotel is located about .5 km from the wonderful Dipolog Bulouvard, but is tucked in a lot surrounded by numerous buildings. My view was if a gas station and stores. I was on the 4th floor, maybe there is a better view from the 5th floor.

Service:

The service was top notch. The staff were all very professional and cordial, helping whenever needed. Hospitality in the Philippines has been great from my experience and D'Hotel exceeded here.

Food:

The free breakfast was of good quality. It is to order and I had the Western breakfast. I did not get a chance to try the hotel restaurants outside of breakfast, but they have an Italian restaurant and a Japanese restaurant. I've heard good things, but I will try them next time. I was constantly fed by my family here, and you can't say no to free Filipino food.

Clean and spacious rooms with great staff. Stay here if you are in Dipolog.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share this very detailed review about your recent experiences at D'Hotel & Suites. We are delighted to hear that you found our service top notch and your overall experience to be very good.

Indeed, I am very proud of our staff who undertake every effort of giving the best service to our guests. It will be my great pleasure to share your praise with the team.

We have noted your comments about the power outlets and we will surely include those when we plan a renovation for our rooms.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

It will be our first time to stay overnight in Dipolog and finding a hotel was a challenge especially that no recommendations were given by colleagues who were there before. So I had to depend on reviews, particularly from this forum. And I was not disappointed by the result.

D'Hotel has the best location and is very clean. We arrived around lunchtime from a two-day vacation in Dakak Resort. Our flight to Manila was scheduled at 7:05 am and we believed that leaving Dakak at 5:00 am would be a hassle so we decided to stay overnight in Dopolog. Since it was Good Friday, almost all the commercial establishments were closed but D'Hotel had the answers!

First, it is adjacent to a convenience store (and pharmacy). Second, it has three restaurants to choose from - Italian, Japanese and Filipino (but serves the best Angus beef in town as they claim). I had the best "ginataan" ever as afternoon snack in this resto. Third, there are so many fast food establishments nearby - Greenwich, Jollibee etc. Fourth, the church. We really planned to observe Good Friday in Dipolog and we were so glad to discover that the church was only few meters away where we were able to attend the mass and join the procession.

Another bonus was the room itself - very clean, Zen-like design and spacious, has all the toiletries you need, TV and A/C functioning well, etc. It is really worth the price, and very reasonable at that.

As we have to leave the hotel at 5:30am, and their resto opens by 6:am yet, they offered us choices - either to have a pre-cooked breakfast or to have two slices of cakes. We opted for the latter which we had as dessert during dinner.

Next, he accommodation comes with free shuttle to the airport - on time and very smooth trip.

Finally, the hotel staff were very friendly, courteous and accommodating. I admired the paintings in the hotel galleries and learned they were works of a local artist named Didi Romano and the receptionist went an extra mile of giving me the artist's contact number in case I am interested to inquire about the works. I truly appreciated the gesture!

So, with my great experience, I will surely stay again in this hotel on my next visit to Dipolog! Keep it up!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Maám,

Many thanks for having taken the time to share this very detailed and excellent review about your recent experiences at D'Hotel & Suites. We are delighted to hear that you found our service top notch and your overall experience to be excellent.