“Utterly luxurious accommodation, extremely high...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Parklands

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Amy C
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Utterly luxurious accommodation, extremely high standard.”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My friend and I stayed at Parklands during July of this year, we were utterly thrilled by the high standard of the villa and the equipment, and the very friendly owners. Considerable thought has gone into the layout of the rooms, all of which are very large and luxuriously appointed, better than home in fact.

The quality of the appliances in the kitchen and bathroom are excellent, as is the rest of the villa, all you need to do is arrive and enjoy. There is a wonderful big TV, board games, DVD's, hair dryers, ice boxes dishwasher and a washing machine, both of which have detergent in the cupboards ready to use and free! The bedding is very high quality and even the bathroom is equipped for you to just arrive and enjoy. I can't sing the praises enough of the standard of the villa and the equipment, absolutely beautiful.

The garden area is very spacious with a great BBQ and a very welcome large veranda for shade and relaxing, with lots of garden furniture, and there is also a games room.

There are many beautiful and historic places to visit, too many to mention but would recommend you hire a car. I must also mention the local river beach which is simply wonderful, clean, safe, cafe/toilets and a 5 minute drive away, with lots of walks nearby. Lovely if you have a family...or not.

I don't usually write reviews but the standard of the villa and the friendly and helpful owners deserve the feedback. We had a wonderful holiday, thank you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The high standards of the villa and the fittings/equipment.
Liked least: Having to come home.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
26 Jul 2016
Many thanks for your positive review.
We hope we will see you again soon.
Barbara M
“Fabulous wonderful holiday”
Reviewed 25 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I have just returned from an absolutely fantastic holiday at Parklands. The owners are extremely welcoming and helpful with a great knowledge of the local area and all the best places to visit.
The accommodation is second to none with no expense spared, it has all top of the range gadgets with a fantastic music system.
The garden area is expansive and an excellent suntrap. The patio area is shaded with ample garden furniture.
For any traveller wanting a relaxing sunny break, off the beaten track but with lots of picturesque scenic village to visit by car, then Parklands is the place to stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Wall to wall sunshine in a luxurious accomodation
Liked least: Going home!
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
26 Jul 2016
Many thanks for your positive review. It is much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Evelyn C
Murcia, Spain
“Relaxing and peaceful surrounding ,beautiful and well equipped apartment”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We had 2 week here ,we enjoyed our stay we found a lovely beach not to far away, the owner where very informative and helpful and made us very welcome .the apartment was in a beautiful setting and very well equipped with a games room just to the side we will return next year

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
16 Nov 2015
Many thanks for your review.
We look forward to seeing you next year.
Larry
Parklands
TonyRSmit...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“get away from it all, get to it all.”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My partner and I stayed here with our two friends. All have agreed we had a wonderful time.
My partner and I are already talking about coming back and have been strongly recommending it to other friends and family.

It was very relaxing as you wanted for nothing, the place is over abundant with facilities and equipment, the owners have done more than enough to make this an easy place to stay.
Nothing is too much trouble for them, they are very quiet and you rarely notice they are there. When we did need to speak to them for advice on local issues, they were very helpful and informative.
I would recommend this to people who like to go out and see the sights, we travelled around and visited lots of places all within an hours car drive, also this location is suitable for people who might just want to walk places, there are shops, cafes and restaurants all within a miles walk.

We used the BBQ and had some great meals outside. Insect repellent candles are provided and topped up by the owners when you've used them.

Should you want to eat indoors the dinning facilities are excellent, all decent crockery and cutlery and a large dinning table. The kitchen is incredibly well fitted out with very modern equipment, the dishwasher was very useful.

Which reminds me, the shower was great, and despite all four of us using it at separate times and sometimes twice in the day, there was always hot water.

We went to the beach one of the days and were able to make use of the cool box with ice blocks, picnic basket, blanket and beach towels.

My friend and I enjoyed the games room, we played darts and basket ball, there is also tabletennis should you want to play that.

If you are into star gazing I would suggest you take a small telescope, I have never seen the night sky so clear, due to no light pollution.

I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is, we are starting to bore our friends and family about it.

I suppose in the interest of balance I have to point out some down sides, this place really could do with a pool and it would be perfect, we did sit in a large inflatable to cool down but you could not swim in it.
For groups larger than 6 it could do with another toilet/shower room as there is only one.
We spoke to the owners about this and they do intend to sort the above issues, they just need time, I am more than willing to wait.

There is a nearby river beach with lots of good facilities to swim, cook, eat and wash, however this is under reconstruction, but once completed will be a fantastic place to visit especially for families with children.

So to summarise, I could list more wonderful things about this place, but instead I would strongly recommend you stay here, do some research first about places to visit, and you will have a very enjoyable holiday, we will most definitely be returning and hopefully with more friends and family.

Last tip non specific to the apartment. If you do drive from Lisbon and go on a toll road, stick to the right, do not drive straight through the green lane on the left, we made this mistake and it cost us 35 Euro's.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet.
Liked least: Could do with a pool.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
30 Aug 2015
Dear Tony

Many thanks for your review.

We are please to hear that your holiday was as much/more as you expected and that we helped by providing you with accommodation and facilities to make your stay as pleasant as possible in this wonderful part of Central Portugal.

We hope we can look forward to seeing you the next time you visit portugal.

Best regards

Larry & Yvonne
Parklands
John D
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem in the heart of Portugal!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I have recently returned from this beautiful villa, situated just outside of Santarem. The villa itself is huge and the bedrooms go way beyond what you expect from the photos. Everything seems to be brand new and you literally want for nothing while you're there. The kitchen looks brand new and has everything you need and more - it provided the perfect home from home for cooking. There is also a fantastic barbeque which we used on most of the nights and a games room with table tennis and darts in (which isn't pictured!).

In terms of the properties location, it's situated in what I would describe as rural Portugal. There is a local shop down the road who couldn't have been more helpful trying to translate my terrible attempts at speaking Portuguese. Some of the fresh fish and steaks we purchased while we were there were exceptional and beer and wine were very cheap!
In terms of things to do there is a nice little river beach around 4 or 5 minutes drive away that we went to a couple of times which was great. We drove out to most of the other places and everywhere we wanted to go to was in touching distance. I played a couple of the regions top golf courses while we were there which were fantastic (Royal Obidos and Praia D'el Rei). If you're a keen golfer, I would highly recommend these courses - I don't think I have played much better and the staff really couldn't do enough for you. The town of Obidos and the lagoon are also worth a visit, the lagoon especially which is quite special!

It was great to get out and do a few runs as well so if you're into your activities and like some gorgeous views, I would highly recommend this place.

The only downside is that it doesn't have a pool, however when I spoke to the owners I believe it's in the plans to get one - they did however provide us with an inflatable one which did the job for the days we spent sunbathing at the villa.

It's not your average beach holiday villa - it's the perfect sample of real Portugal and we will certainly be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The standard of everything inside the property
Liked least: It didn't have a pool
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing