Reviews (2 502)
2 502 results
All reviews ibiza town bora bora playa den walls are thin paella min walk all inclusive option rooms are basic all inclusive food pool area is inclusive bar bus stop decent size toasties show cooking on tap the main strip
68 - 73 of 2 502 reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I went to Ibiza for a girls holiday on May bank holiday weekend. On arival we were told that our rooms were not going to be ready until 2:30pm. This was fine with us as we just grabbed a few things out of our suitcases to get changed into and put our bags in the storage room. We went out to the pool area to find lots of available sunbeds until our rooms were ready. The room was adequate. The balconies are very small, ours was above the entrance. The rooms have air conditioning. The showers are awful! The water temperature changed from freezing to boiling very fast and with no pressure. The walls are also very thin. I would recommend earplugs as our neighbours decided to come in at 2-3am and party until 8am two nights in a row. We informed reception but not much was done. The first night they were asked to stop and continued the moment the security guard had left and the second night the guard didn't even bother to come up. There was a corporate event the weekend we went so there were quite a few business people around in suits with lanyards around there necks and I could hear a room full of applause when trying to have a siesta one afternoon. The food was good. Lots of choice and there was a service area where food was being cooked fresh. They did like to get you out fast if it was near the end of service so make sure you are there in plenty of time. We walked around the area on the first evening and found it to be busy but didn't really find anywhere we wanted to go. It's a good idea to plan and pay for places to go before you get there. The next evening we went to Blue Marlin which was amazing as Pete Tong was playing. On our last evening we had pre-booked Cafe Mambo were the Lovely Laura was playing. We had paid for a table and this covered our food and drinks for the night too. I would recommend both of these places to visit.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Boddie2
Gonzalo R, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing your experience at Mare Nostrum Hotel with all TripAdvisor users.

We deeply regret not been able to reach your expectations during your stay about the reservation incident that you mentioned.

We apologize again for any inconveniences that you may have had and we take note of all of them in order to analyze it and take the appropriate corrective measures.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Super extra hotel i liked everything the food was
amazing and the personal was all so kind the position its nice near to all the things and places you need and was nice Ibza is really magic i really want to thanks all the guys working there.. Jane was so helpful and always smiling, Casto the guy at the buffet is always so funny, nice holiday, really

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank librotrading

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your honest opinion about your experience at the Mare Nostrum Hotel and we are pleased to see that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The hotel first impression was very good, efficient staff to check in and welcome you.
We checked in at 11.00 so we're welcomed by the day staff, the member of staff who checked us in was English and we felt no embarrassment with the language barrier, unfortunately we only saw this man once whilst we were there (hence the later paragrah we arrived early so our bags were stored away safely until check in time of 2pm.
The hotel was immaculately clean, bright white and pastel shades, a little to clinical for me.
I'm sorry to have to say this but the staff at the bar left me feeling that it was a chore to serve me and my party of 12, admitted it was a hen party but we were there to celebrate my daughters last few single weeks of singledom and a smile or a bit of personality of any kind would have helped, the security guard was particularly miserable and went out his way to find things to pick us up on, where's their social skills ? More training needed in all aspects of customer service satisfaction needed, if I was to rate this particular area it would be a 1* only.
The pool area was adequate, not allowed to put towels on the sun beds which I agree with!! The pool itself was very clean and well mantained.
Food was very good and with a good choice and quality, I'm not a fussy eater so I can always find something to enjoy.
The rooms were immaculate, good beds, you need to pay €10 deposit for the safe (recommended) the maid came everyday to make beds and replace towels, tea/coffee facilities would have been a good touch and more attention needed on the showers!
The area, : if you want to drink and party all night this would be The area to come, it's very noisy, a singles persons paradise, not recommend for families, to much pushing on the streets and beaches to sell club tickets and experiences.
Finally if you don't speak any spanish , I would avoid this hotel, when I needed help when my daughter was ill i felt completely alone and vulnerable no effort was made to help me even though they could see i was distraught, I'm embarrassed to admit i only speak a tiny bit of Spanish along with 75% of English clientele visiting spain, if you really want English speaking people to book with you you need at least have one member of staff in every shift to ease the pain i experienced, it made a sad end to a lovely holiday.
Would i book again, if improvement was made in the hospitality department then yes otherwise no, what is a lovely hotel could be made into a excellent hotel if these changes were acted on.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Mare Nostrum with all TripAdvisor users as your feedback helps us to improve.

We would like to thank you for all the positive comments about your stay and we take note about your suggestions to analyze it and make a decision looking for the right improvement.

We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

A few of the staff are rude, arrogant not interested, my girlfriend asked at reception about an iron the woman was sat behind the computer replied “I can’t hear you” shocked we didn’t reply until she finally got up and came over, another time another member of staff looked at us ignored us and attended a guy who just walked upto the desk this is on different days,
First two days breakfast, lunch, dinner every food we tried was cold got a shock the third day couldn’t believe nearly burnt my mouth.
There is a Young Moroccan in the restaurant great friendly guy went out his way to feed you.
The massage girl maggie was great and friendly
Friday, Saturday, Sunday even Monday full of 17/18 year olds struggled to get a drink at the bar even trying to push in the barman threatened to get security, those days no one else was around there were that many of them we wanted to go out now an then anyway but waste of time paying for all inclusive hardly used it, a shame you still don’t expect that from a 3 star hotel could be so much potential there even though there are loads of hotels run by the same chain around,
Wont be going back there again what a joke!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gonzalo R, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for all the positive comments about your stay.

We deeply regret not been able to reach your expectations during your stay in Ibiza.

The Hotel Mare Nostrum fulfills the standards of quality related to the category of the establishment and the rates offered to its customers.

We also want to emphasize that the Mare Nostrum Hotel is known for the friendliness of our staff and the service offered to our customers, as reflected in practically all the opinions on Tripadvisor.

We deeply regret that the all-inclusive service was not to your liking and we take note of your suggestions.

We also regret that you did not let our restaurant and bar staff know the issue; they could have solved the incident immediately.

We take this opportunity to inform you that Playasol Ibiza Hotels has several establishments in different areas of Ibiza at different rates that might be more suited to your needs and expectations.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This hotel is in an excellent location for nightlife and the beach. Rooms are basic, but they're clean. All areas in the hotel were clean and tidy. All staff I encountered were very friendly. Only a ten minute taxi ride to the airport. Would definitely stay here were I to visit Ibiza again.

Stayed: July 2017
Gonzalo R, Gerente at Hotel Playasol Mare Nostrum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest,

First of all , we want to thank you for sharing your experience at the Mare Nostrum Hotel with all users of Tripadvisor.

We greatly appreciate all your positive comments about your stay at the Mare Nostrum Hotel and that we have been able to exceed your expectations.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,