“Friendly staff, professionally run and excellent course delivery!”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I spent a week with Evolution doing my Rescue Diver course, EFR and Nitrox and all three were delivered to a very high standard. Good quality equipment and staff go above and beyond to ensure you gain the skills, rather than just treating it as a tick-box exercise. All the staff I met were knowledgeable and always happy to help. Special mentions to Dan Schofield (my instructor for all the courses) and Steph Walker (my guide for a fun dive)!!

Bonus: the restaurant serves great food!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"bar staff"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I came to Evolution on my first solo travel trip in May and could not have been made to feel more welcome and supported by the team. I was in contact with Matt by email who answered my numerous silly questions before I arrived and when I decided to actually take my AOW there (with about 4 days notice,) they were super accomodating. Dom took me under his wing for the next few days and really went the extra mile to not just get me through the course, but to make me a better and more confident diver. All of the guys there are so passionate about what they do and the environment that allows them to do this. I didn't feel like I was alone at any point during my stay with everyone hanging out in the Craic House (get the puttanesca pasta with chorizo if you're there,) talking diving, getting excited about threshers, nudibranch and all the other incredible sights underwater near Malapusca. Would 100% recommend them and can't wait to book in again Thanks everyone

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I got my Open Water Diver certificate here and also finished off with a deep adventure dive to see the Thresher sharks. Everything from the initial emailing with the staff to the last dive was just perfect. I felt very comfortable and safe during our dives and my instructor, Seb, was really informative and pedagogic when teaching me and my buddy the essentials of diving and how to do it safely and with respect to the aquatic life and surroundings. After each dive we talked through them, including what was good and areas of improvement. Also, we always went through the different species we saw while diving. I learned a lot and I really appreciated his engagement and patience! Keep up the good work!! Could not have chosen a better place to start diving. I had so much fun! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Evolution is such an incredible dive shop. It is friendly, efficient and logistically perfect. As soon as we arrived we were taken to sort our dive kit for the next day, we signed safety forms (rare in many places I've dived in SE Asia) and were signed up for dives the next day. All your kit is prepared for you and already on the boat when you arrive for your dive briefing in the morning - it's luxury! Every single member of staff I met was friendly and willing to help. Special mention to Dan and Dom who were super friendly and engaging even outside of 'dive time'! There is nowhere else I would consider diving or recommending to anyone else, GO HERE!

1  Thank Millie R