“Perfect.”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #2 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Had a brilliant experience with these guys. The dive center feels very friendly, relaxed and welcoming, but underneath is a very professionally run operation. The gear was good, pre-dive was thorough and post-dive was extremely informative. We did 5 dives which were all excellent, particularly Monad Shoal(of course, the Threshers were amazing) and Gato Island. Nick, Dom and the team do a fantastic job with a couple of special mentions for Dannie, who did a great job for our refresher, and particularly Dan, who was a brilliant divemaster, so informative and passionate, he was an absolute pleasure to dive with. Thank you guys, we can't wait to come back.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"bar staff"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

We spent six days diving with Evolution and really enjoyed it.
The centre treads a very fine line between being slick and professional, but also making you feel welcome and more than a customer. This is really difficult for dive centers to do, and I appreciated all the hard work that went on in the back ground to make things run smoothly.
We completed a refresher course, one deep adventure dive and other fun dives at sites including Deep Slope, Gato Island and Monad Shoal.
We had a variety of guides but really enjoyed diving with Dan and Dom a lot. All out guides were enthusiastic and professional.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this dive centre to others considering Malapascua. The location, atmosphere and service is excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Equipment and boats are good. The dive shop is a little pricier than others on the island. But you get what you pay for: we got good service and professionalism.

We were not impressed with the dive sites: a lot of little things to see spread all over ... nothing to write home about. If you want impressive dives, do them on a different island. Having said that, the thresher shark dive is really good, if you are lucky to see one. We were, and that made it worth it.

The beach is beautiful and the sunsets are amazing...

Restaurant is good - if a little overpriced.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I came here last year and was so impressed with how organized and safety-conscious Evolution was so when I decided I wanted to take a tech diving course this year there was only one option for me, really. Dannie's sense of humor made for a fun course... funnily enough this was the first time I've had classmates on a course. Hope to be back next year for Extended Range and maybe even Advanced Wreck!

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Just spent a week at Evolution. From the moment I stepped off the boat to the time I left, the customer service was top draw. They knew my name from day one. I was made very welcome.
The dive guides tried to show us everything we asked for. Poor Gino hunting for a blue ringed octopus on every dive. We never got to see one. Not his fault for trying, he did find us everything else, also Dan was great fun too, both very knowledgeable on the dive sites.
The food was great too, the restaurant staff was always very helpful and couldn’t do enough for us.
The accommodation was perfect too. With Ac and a fan. It also had a small fridge and tv (not that I had time to watch it)
All in all a great place to dive and stay. I didn’t want to leave. It was a family environment that put you the customer first (at no point did I feel like a customer, it was more like family)
It was a well oiled operation. I’d highly recommend Evolution
Thanks for a great time.