“Adequate ”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #2 of 25 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Equipment and boats are good. The dive shop is a little pricier than others on the island. But you get what you pay for: we got good service and professionalism.

We were not impressed with the dive sites: a lot of little things to see spread all over ... nothing to write home about. If you want impressive dives, do them on a different island. Having said that, the thresher shark dive is really good, if you are lucky to see one. We were, and that made it worth it.

The beach is beautiful and the sunsets are amazing...

Restaurant is good - if a little overpriced.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"bar staff"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I came here last year and was so impressed with how organized and safety-conscious Evolution was so when I decided I wanted to take a tech diving course this year there was only one option for me, really. Dannie's sense of humor made for a fun course... funnily enough this was the first time I've had classmates on a course. Hope to be back next year for Extended Range and maybe even Advanced Wreck!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Just spent a week at Evolution. From the moment I stepped off the boat to the time I left, the customer service was top draw. They knew my name from day one. I was made very welcome.
The dive guides tried to show us everything we asked for. Poor Gino hunting for a blue ringed octopus on every dive. We never got to see one. Not his fault for trying, he did find us everything else, also Dan was great fun too, both very knowledgeable on the dive sites.
The food was great too, the restaurant staff was always very helpful and couldn’t do enough for us.
The accommodation was perfect too. With Ac and a fan. It also had a small fridge and tv (not that I had time to watch it)
All in all a great place to dive and stay. I didn’t want to leave. It was a family environment that put you the customer first (at no point did I feel like a customer, it was more like family)
It was a well oiled operation. I’d highly recommend Evolution
Thanks for a great time.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I (Dan and Nicole) did our scuba diving with Evolution while on Malapascua May 18th to May 21st, 2018, and they are truly incredible. Their dive instructors and divemasters were all extremely well-trained, professional, and wonderful people. We dove with just about all of them at different times, which is why we can say that! Although we did not take any training courses while there, the ones we saw throughout our time with them were thorough, well-run, and top-notch. At least one person was going through tech diver training while we were there; based on talking with them and observing what they had to do, I would absolutely do any training—if we decided to do any—beyond our current advanced open water certification with Evolution.

The thresher sharks are beautiful (as well as the rest of the underwater sites we visited) and I’m so happy to have done our shark dives with them. The boats are spacious and well-maintained, and the crew and employees do as much or as little gear set-up and clean up as you want them to.

Evolution truly embodies the spirit of Green Fins and takes very seriously their status as one of the top 10 environmentally friendly dive centers in the world. This is something I care passionately about, as well, and am so thankful I found Evolution Dive Center! They helped make our Malapascua experience unique and wonderful and one-of-a-kind!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Was looking for a place to take a one week dive escape away from the family - a gift to myself for Mother's Day.

I got recommendedthis place by friends in the industry in Bali. They were not wrong about it being slick, professional, consistently good diving and offering an inclusive community.

I left recharged and relaxed after a week of diving with the evolution team.

The entire team did an excellent job of making my stay enjoyable.

Special mentions

Dan - super all round guide,had a natural way of connecting guests and especially the solo DIVER. An inclusion guru. His marine conservation passion is infectious, and I hope he writes his own Nudi Branc speciality - I'd come back for that!

Danny - consummate professional. A very worthwhile skills review with him - to the point! He also spent time showing me how to fix my EQUIPMENT, helping divers learn to be self sufficient is a very cool gift.

Seb - super fun dude. Great to observe his committment and professionalism with his DMT. The program looks well run and personalised here for anyone considering this training.

Nick - a pro GM. He handled all the details of my stay quickly and at short notice. Everything was as he details in email and I liked he checked in a couple of times during the trip to see how it was going.

Goodluck with the busy season and hope to see you all soon,

Kate H