“AOW and SHARKS with Mette 5*****”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Mette you were a fantastic, patient, informative, reassuring and fun instructor! Thank you for letting me say hello to the Thresher Sharks and White tip Reef sharks! - I'm addicted to the underwater world!

David - thank you for your patience and quality information with all my emails and questions!

ACE!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had such an amazing experience with Evolution.

Before this trip we did two dives in Brazil in which we got very scary about it! The instructor did it too fast, without much attention... so we were worried about doing it again.

But our experience with Evolution shown us what a real dive should be! The dive instructor (Dannie) had a LOT of careful teaching us, with a lot of calm. He gave us a lot of confidence on diving!

All the school equipments are very new, as are the boats and the infrastructure it self.

We definitely recommend everyone to dive with these guys!!!

Ahhh, the restaurant of the resort is the best in he whole island!!!

Dannie, thanks for everything and be sure that we gonna make you proud on our next divings!

1  Thank Diogozp
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Can't speak highly enough of this diving resort. Having spent 6 weeks completing my PADI Rescue and Divemaster courses, I was impressed by the great staff from top to bottom, from the freindly and helpful boat crew to the knowledgable instructors and owners. Emails correspondance (with one of the owners David) prior to arrival was second to none and the ladies in reception were equally as good at helping me during my stay. Specials thanks to my instructor Dannie for teaching me the ‘proper' way to dive and the manager Nick for sharing years of experience.

2  Thank Devan C
Reviewed 4 September 2017

For a girl born and raised in the Philippines, It's ironic that I never got to actually get a diving certificate (tho I've undergone training around 10 years ago but that's it, no certificate). Fast forward to March of this year, I went back to the Philippines for a vacation and ta-da, I'm now a certified open water diver.

It's the fear of deep water and the unknown that actually made me hold back. But when I saw Matte sitting, talking, and laughing with the students on my first day at the Evolution Diving Resort, I knew I'm in capable (and fun) hands.

It's not just about the resort, to be honest, (tho I honestly love the worry-free and efficient service they have), I'm mainly talking about how Matte handled the lessons so well. She made it fun (we break-danced underwater, and we were awesome), and efficient especially in a situation well beyond my comfort zone.

There was one time I was panicking so bad for no apparent reason and we were meters deep down below. My breathing was so unstable, I was bobbing up and down like a toy balloon. She held my hand firmly and looked at me reassuringly. I calmed down instantly. We swam holding each other's hands while waving at Nemos happily swimming on the ocean floor. I've never felt safer.

If ever I dive again (for some refreshed course maybe), I'll pick this same resort, and the same lovely instructor. <3

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I stayed and dived with Evolution for just over a week in August, and it was one of the best dive trips I've been on. Everything - from the rooms, to the food,to the service, to the hosts and local dive guides was above and beyond.

The instructors are extremely knowledgable (I wish I had done my AOWD with them) and, as technical divers, fountains of practical knowledge and information. The dive guides are local, extremely familiar with the reefs and know exactly where all the critters in their marine neighbourhood live. All the staff at the resort and restaurant are happy to accommodate strange requests with a smile.

Loved my time with them. Thanks guys!!!