“It's not just about the resort, It's also about the instructor.”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

For a girl born and raised in the Philippines, It's ironic that I never got to actually get a diving certificate (tho I've undergone training around 10 years ago but that's it, no certificate). Fast forward to March of this year, I went back to the Philippines for a vacation and ta-da, I'm now a certified open water diver.

It's the fear of deep water and the unknown that actually made me hold back. But when I saw Matte sitting, talking, and laughing with the students on my first day at the Evolution Diving Resort, I knew I'm in capable (and fun) hands.

It's not just about the resort, to be honest, (tho I honestly love the worry-free and efficient service they have), I'm mainly talking about how Matte handled the lessons so well. She made it fun (we break-danced underwater, and we were awesome), and efficient especially in a situation well beyond my comfort zone.

There was one time I was panicking so bad for no apparent reason and we were meters deep down below. My breathing was so unstable, I was bobbing up and down like a toy balloon. She held my hand firmly and looked at me reassuringly. I calmed down instantly. We swam holding each other's hands while waving at Nemos happily swimming on the ocean floor. I've never felt safer.

If ever I dive again (for some refreshed course maybe), I'll pick this same resort, and the same lovely instructor. <3

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I stayed and dived with Evolution for just over a week in August, and it was one of the best dive trips I've been on. Everything - from the rooms, to the food,to the service, to the hosts and local dive guides was above and beyond.

The instructors are extremely knowledgable (I wish I had done my AOWD with them) and, as technical divers, fountains of practical knowledge and information. The dive guides are local, extremely familiar with the reefs and know exactly where all the critters in their marine neighbourhood live. All the staff at the resort and restaurant are happy to accommodate strange requests with a smile.

Loved my time with them. Thanks guys!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I recently completed four fun dives and a refresher course with Evolution and I can highly recommend them to other fun divers and those wanting to undertake diving courses.

I felt they were a very supportive and professional team and the dive equipment was in good condition and well-maintained.

I completed my refresher course with Dannie who is one of the dive instructors. He was highly knowledgeable and had a very great way of explaining things. He also gave me some very important feedback after my dive in order for me to become a safer diver. I'm very glad I completed the refresher course as I'd forgotten so much about diving, was highly anxious and probably wouldn't have coped well if I just immediately gone out on a fun dive.

Devan, Who is one of the dive masters in training also accompanied me on my refresher course and for my first fun dive along with one of the local dive guides. Devan, helped me to feel a lot less anxious and I found him to be a great guide.

I also completed a couple of fun dives with Josh who is one of the local guides. He really knows Gato island well and knew where to look to find all the amazing sea creatures. I loved Gato island so much and wished I'd had more time to do more diving here.

Thank you so much for such an enjoyable diving experience. I hope to return again very soon.

Zara

3  Thank zeg81
Reviewed 9 August 2017

If you're like me, i.e. clueless, you want good customer service to help answer your questions and make you feel comfortable. That's what Evolution -- with Nick, Dave, and co. -- did for me. It's a lost art nowadays, but they did a great job w/ customer service and my endless questions. Thanks again! Highly recommend these guys.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was our second trip to malapascua to dive with evolution. We always knew we'd come back here, and we can't wait to go back again. The staff are professional, organised, passionate about what they do, and know their stuff. We completed our advanced certification, and I also decided to do my EFR, and rescue diver courses.

Seb our instructor was thorough and did a great job of teaching us new skills as well as keeping us on our toes. Our fun dives were also excellent; small groups (usually just my husband and I plus instructor), informative briefings, and well cared for kit.

Diving in Malapascua is incredible. The threshers are fascinating, we've been lucky enough to see them three times and loved every minute. The reefs on the island, as well as at gato, are a treat and it's worth mentioning how much evolution do to involve the local and dive community in protecting the marine reserve, employing and training local people, working with the local authorities, and regular beach cleanups.

Evolution is also great for a post dive beer and feed, what better than a beachfront bar with hammocks and incredible sunsets?!

Fair play those boys and girls, they're doing a great thing fantastically well and you'd be silly not to join them!