“Fantastic diving and service ”
Review of Evolution Diving

Evolution Diving
Ranked #1 of 23 Tours in Malapascua Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Evolution is a concept based around safe and exciting scuba diving, good times and cold drinks with old and new friends, and a perfect blend of Filipino, Irish and English hospitality.With the paradise island of Malapascua in the Philippines as the backdrop, Evolution Diving has access to some one-of-a-kind dive sites, including the daily cleaning stations for thresher sharks at Monad Shoal. If you prefer macrolife, you can see most creatures on an experienced divers list, or you can get down and dirty in WWII wrecks and immerse yourself in the history that surrounds them.
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I recently completed four fun dives and a refresher course with Evolution and I can highly recommend them to other fun divers and those wanting to undertake diving courses.

I felt they were a very supportive and professional team and the dive equipment was in good condition and well-maintained.

I completed my refresher course with Dannie who is one of the dive instructors. He was highly knowledgeable and had a very great way of explaining things. He also gave me some very important feedback after my dive in order for me to become a safer diver. I'm very glad I completed the refresher course as I'd forgotten so much about diving, was highly anxious and probably wouldn't have coped well if I just immediately gone out on a fun dive.

Devan, Who is one of the dive masters in training also accompanied me on my refresher course and for my first fun dive along with one of the local dive guides. Devan, helped me to feel a lot less anxious and I found him to be a great guide.

I also completed a couple of fun dives with Josh who is one of the local guides. He really knows Gato island well and knew where to look to find all the amazing sea creatures. I loved Gato island so much and wished I'd had more time to do more diving here.

Thank you so much for such an enjoyable diving experience. I hope to return again very soon.

Zara

3  Thank zeg81

Reviewed 9 August 2017

If you're like me, i.e. clueless, you want good customer service to help answer your questions and make you feel comfortable. That's what Evolution -- with Nick, Dave, and co. -- did for me. It's a lost art nowadays, but they did a great job w/ customer service and my endless questions. Thanks again! Highly recommend these guys.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was our second trip to malapascua to dive with evolution. We always knew we'd come back here, and we can't wait to go back again. The staff are professional, organised, passionate about what they do, and know their stuff. We completed our advanced certification, and I also decided to do my EFR, and rescue diver courses.

Seb our instructor was thorough and did a great job of teaching us new skills as well as keeping us on our toes. Our fun dives were also excellent; small groups (usually just my husband and I plus instructor), informative briefings, and well cared for kit.

Diving in Malapascua is incredible. The threshers are fascinating, we've been lucky enough to see them three times and loved every minute. The reefs on the island, as well as at gato, are a treat and it's worth mentioning how much evolution do to involve the local and dive community in protecting the marine reserve, employing and training local people, working with the local authorities, and regular beach cleanups.

Evolution is also great for a post dive beer and feed, what better than a beachfront bar with hammocks and incredible sunsets?!

Fair play those boys and girls, they're doing a great thing fantastically well and you'd be silly not to join them!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Our second, but by no means our last experience with Evolution Diving. All travel arrangements went without a hitch, from pick up at airport, transfer by van and boat to arrive early evening.
Good clean rooms, basically equipped but more than sufficient. The restaurant is pretty good, nice friendly and attentive staff (and Bruce the island hound), food is tasty and filling.
Diving was very good, managed to see the Threasher sharks on every one of the dawn dives, trips to Gato and Kalanggaman Island showed off the range of marine life and topography of this location.
The dive team are excellent, friendly and knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects
We will most definitely be back in 2018

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We choosed to dive with the Evolution during our trip in the Philippines in march. We did a 3 dives and we saw Tresher Sharks, which is an amazing adventure. All instructors and equipment was excellent. We can definietly recommend the Evolution to dive in Malapascua Island.