“Nice Vacation”

Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Overall, we had a very nice time at Hidden Beach. Here are some of our impressions.

Staff - The service from the staff was excellent! They were the best part of HB. They were always very friendly and helpful. We went to the El Dorado resort next door several times for dinner and did not think the staff there was as good as at Hidden Beach.

Rooms - The room was an average hotel room. The floor, especially the shower, is slippery when wet, so be careful. The room had a small refrigerator which they kept stocked with our requested beverages. The bed was comfortable. A bottle of champagne was in our room when we arrived, but the ice had all melted so the champagne was not chilled. We had a swim up room, which we would request again. It is short walk to everything in the resort, and being able to get directly into the water was nice.

The Grounds - The outside areas were beautifully landscaped and maintained.

Food and drinks - We ate at Hidden Beach and several of the restaurants next door. We would not call the food gourmet. A few things were very good. Most of it was average. The food was probably their weakest area, in our opinion. The drinks, however, were excellent, not too strong and not too weak.

Air Conditioning - This was another weak area. The air conditioner in the restaurant at HB and at several of the restaurants next door did not work well and should be repaired or replaced. It's not fun to eat in a hot restaurant. The air conditioner in the room also struggled to keep the room cool.

Security - Excellent. We never felt unsafe. There is a guard gate entering the El Dorado complex, another locked gate to enter Hidden Beach. Security people were very visible.

Entertainment - The nightly entertainment was much better than we were expecting from such a small resort and was very enjoyable.

The Beach - There is not much of a beach and it really isn't good for swimming. If you are going to wade in the water, you will need shoes, since it is very rocky. There is, however, a nice, sandy area where the beach beds and lounge chairs are. We had no problem getting a chair or a bed everyday.

Lomas Travel - We used Lomas for the transfer to and from the airport. They were very efficient. We also used them for an excursion. They did an excellent job. We would use them again.

Spa - The spa was beautiful. However, we found the spa treatment to be only average at best and way over-priced. Also, the people from the spa coming out every day and trying to talk you into a spa treatment while you are trying to relax was very annoying.

The Other Guests - Along with the staff, the other guests were what is best about Hidden Beach. We really enjoyed meeting them. They were a friendly group of people and not judgmental at all. Honestly, no one cares how you look, and if anyone did, they would certainly seem out of place with this group of people. If you prefer to keep to yourself, that's good, too. The size of the resort makes it easy to meet new friends or enjoy time to yourself, whichever you choose.

In conclusion, we would consider Hidden Beach to be a top-notch, 5 star clothing optional resort, primarily because of the staff and the guests. However, among all resorts, clothing and otherwise, we would not rate it as high, primarily because of the food, the air conditioning, and the spa staff. Despite that, we are planning to return next year and can't hardly wait! Wish we were there now!

3  Thank 2together78
EDSS S, Director General at Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Hidden Beach Resort as your holiday destination during your visit to Riviera Maya.

We truly appreciate your sincere comments, Our guests play a key role in helping us to improve our services and we truly appreciate the feedback.

We are already looking forward to host you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will be more than glad to accommodate your requests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As usual we were generally pleased with the resort. However we found the food to be sub-par this time around. We would like some different menu options as they are the same from year to year and the lunch buffet was not up to par. The staff as usual was excellent! I would also like the beer to be COLD! It is just cool by American standards. Also it would be nice if the hot tub were to be fixed so that the jets worked and steps were put in for easy access and egress by us older and not so nimble folks. Supposedly that is going to be done with the current renovations underway. I highly recommend the resort overall. The restaurants away from Hidden Beach were excellent!

Room Tip: Showers need to have something placed on floor for traction. VERY SLIPPERY! We used two mats. Also f...
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank C430GHjudithr
EDSS S, Director General at Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing once again Hidden Beach Resort as your holiday destination during your visit to Riviera Maya.

We truly appreciate your sincere and constructive comments, our guests play a key role in helping us to improve our services and we truly appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent 4 days basically in a beach bed with excellent views, ocean breeze and a book. This is an excellent place to relax and unwind. Pool,volleyball was fun and the evening entertainment exceeded expectations. Lots a walking trails and a huge bonus that there are so many sister properties with restaurants that we had access to. Can't enter the ocean at all- too rocky and dangerous. This property is in need of some TLC. The pool I understand is being re tiled this week which it desperately needs. The rooms are clean, comfortable but a little dated which is not a problem for me as we will definitely return. The workers here are OUSTANDING, making the effort to remember your name and make you feel like family. The other guests were also just quality people who make everyone feel welcome. This is what we've come to expect at CO resorts.

Room Tip: I recommend a ground floor swim up.
4  Thank stetaylo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hidden Beach Resort experience.

We truly appreciate your sincere and constructive comments. We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate the proactivity and kindness of our staff. Our staff attaches a great importance to our guests’ well-being and has the pleasure to make unforgettable experiences at each visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

A+ This is our ninth visit to Hidden Beach and, hopefully many more will come. Staff is unbelievably friendly, courteous, caring and managers should be proud of them. Property needs a little more work every year and the food menu seems to have been compromised, especially dinners and the prices and polices seem to go up and changer every year. But for an au natural, all inclusive experience, you cannot do better than Hidden Beach (Bare Necessities cruises and Mira Visa Resort also deserve an A+). At a time when Club Orient has all been wiped out and will probably be out of business for at least 1-2 years, I'm sure these three will, by default, do better.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if this means how much to tip or advise on rooms. Anyway, most give $2-$3 per day...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sxmOroValley_Az
EDSS S, Director General at Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference. We are glad you came back to your home away from home, Hidden Beach Resort.

We truly appreciate your sincere and constructive comments; our goal is to serve all our guests with the highest level of service and satisfaction. We are always striving to make our guest holiday an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

As a solo traveller to this resort I have to say that I had a really good time. As well, The amount of detail cleaning I see the resort each day is outstanding for a small resort, with very clean rooms and on the resort grounds. Staff was amazing, I arrived at 11am and my room Wasn't ready because checkin was 3pm, but the lady at the front desk put a rush on my room and I had it within the hour which was fantastic. the waiters at the restaurant where very fast and always got my drinks for me each morning without me having to ask. The second day I thought I sat at the wrong table when I got back with my breakfast but it was just my drink the waiter got for me, which he remembered from the day before. Esperanza was really good, I would see her everywhere getting drink for the guest. From the moonlight lounge to the beach, and around the pool. She always found you, and got your drink orders. Jose was also a good activities person, he knew I was a solo traveller and made sure that I was having fun by playing cards, dominos, and making sure that I joined in for volleyball. Because of all the rain we got it put a damper on the daily activities but he made sure there was still stuff to do. I walked into the moonlight lounge and found games all over the place and it was great.

Only a few things that can be improved on and one is the beach, it's to rocky to walk in and there is lots of seaweed, I can see staff working hard from dawn to dusk but it doesn't improve, the ocean splashes up the barrier wall and will sometimes get you wet when your laying in the beach chairs. Something that needs attention is the barrier wall on the seaside part of the resort, sesimar extends into the ocean and makes it hard for other guest to look into hidden beach but seaside has a green fence which extends close to the ocean but leaves room for guest to look in and doesn't go far enough. I seen a young couple standing there two days in a row acting as if they were looking out at the ocean but they often peeked in. Security couldn't do anything because they where technically still on the seaside side of the fence, it was a little uncomfortable and hidden beach guest never used the beach chairs close to that side for that reason.
Your bound to meet new friends at this resort, mostly from the people that hang around the pool bar or play volleyball. It mostly depends when you go because the people I met at the beginning of my trip where very friendly. If for what ever reason you get bored, you always have sesimar resort next door, it's a pretty big resort with a lot to due. Overall I thought this resort was a lot of fun and I will definitely come back. The negatives with the beach didn't bother me since I don't often go in the ocean on my trips.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Jeffrey B
EDSS S, Director General at Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Hidden Beach Resort experience.

We truly appreciate your sincere comments, our guests play a key role in helping us to improve our services and we truly appreciate the feedback. Thank you for mentioning the names of our staff, who exceed your expectations; the recognition is the best recompense to the daily effort

The biggest compliment that our team can get is your desire to return. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, we will be more than glad to accommodate your requests.