Overall, we had a very nice time at Hidden Beach. Here are some of our impressions.
Staff - The service from the staff was excellent! They were the best part of HB. They were always very friendly and helpful. We went to the El Dorado resort next door several times for dinner and did not think the staff there was as good as at Hidden Beach.
Rooms - The room was an average hotel room. The floor, especially the shower, is slippery when wet, so be careful. The room had a small refrigerator which they kept stocked with our requested beverages. The bed was comfortable. A bottle of champagne was in our room when we arrived, but the ice had all melted so the champagne was not chilled. We had a swim up room, which we would request again. It is short walk to everything in the resort, and being able to get directly into the water was nice.
The Grounds - The outside areas were beautifully landscaped and maintained.
Food and drinks - We ate at Hidden Beach and several of the restaurants next door. We would not call the food gourmet. A few things were very good. Most of it was average. The food was probably their weakest area, in our opinion. The drinks, however, were excellent, not too strong and not too weak.
Air Conditioning - This was another weak area. The air conditioner in the restaurant at HB and at several of the restaurants next door did not work well and should be repaired or replaced. It's not fun to eat in a hot restaurant. The air conditioner in the room also struggled to keep the room cool.
Security - Excellent. We never felt unsafe. There is a guard gate entering the El Dorado complex, another locked gate to enter Hidden Beach. Security people were very visible.
Entertainment - The nightly entertainment was much better than we were expecting from such a small resort and was very enjoyable.
The Beach - There is not much of a beach and it really isn't good for swimming. If you are going to wade in the water, you will need shoes, since it is very rocky. There is, however, a nice, sandy area where the beach beds and lounge chairs are. We had no problem getting a chair or a bed everyday.
Lomas Travel - We used Lomas for the transfer to and from the airport. They were very efficient. We also used them for an excursion. They did an excellent job. We would use them again.
Spa - The spa was beautiful. However, we found the spa treatment to be only average at best and way over-priced. Also, the people from the spa coming out every day and trying to talk you into a spa treatment while you are trying to relax was very annoying.
The Other Guests - Along with the staff, the other guests were what is best about Hidden Beach. We really enjoyed meeting them. They were a friendly group of people and not judgmental at all. Honestly, no one cares how you look, and if anyone did, they would certainly seem out of place with this group of people. If you prefer to keep to yourself, that's good, too. The size of the resort makes it easy to meet new friends or enjoy time to yourself, whichever you choose.
In conclusion, we would consider Hidden Beach to be a top-notch, 5 star clothing optional resort, primarily because of the staff and the guests. However, among all resorts, clothing and otherwise, we would not rate it as high, primarily because of the food, the air conditioning, and the spa staff. Despite that, we are planning to return next year and can't hardly wait! Wish we were there now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is the only luxurious all-inclusive nudist resort in the Mexican Caribbean. Consisting of 42 beachfront suites, it is a secluded adults only property, perfect for couples and singles alike. Located just one hour and a half south of Cancun Airport, Hidden Beach Resort lies on a stretch of white sand beach offering spectacular views of the Mexican Caribbean sea. Hidden Beach blends signature services such as personalized check-in with a welcome glass of champagne or the exclusive concierge service with charming architecture to create an atmosphere of understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Hidden Beach Resort by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Beach Resort - Au Naturel Club Hotel Riviera Maya
- Hidden Beach Mexico
- Hidden Beach Hotel Au Naturel