“Active Day”
Review of Xel-Ha

Xel-Ha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Xel-Ha Natural wonder awaits you! Xel-Ha is simply unique! Xel-Ha is one of the world's most beautiful, natural aquariums. And it's all inclusive too!!! Swim and snorkel surrounded by rainbow colored fish who have made the river and inlet their home, take long walks in the middle of the jungle, ride a bike, take the train or just relax while enjoying the lazy river! All these activities are included too!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We toured Tulum first and then made our way to Xel-Ha. We certainly could have spent a full day here.

We grabbed lunch, jumped off some cliffs, used the bag drop and made our way down the river. We did the water slide which was a thrill for sure and probably the only place we waited in line for more than 5 min. Plenty of options to eat, drink, play and rest. Didn’t really have issues with insects until the cenotes area but some quick natural bug spray took care of that.

Everything is included which is nice. Bring cash for tips while eating or drinking if you feel inclined. Take advantage of the lockers so you don’t have to haul your items around with you. You need a natural sunblock and bug repellant. They have some available for purchase as well as a trade zone where you can leave yours in exchange for samples of theirs. You pick yours up before leaving.

Many activities available for additional charge but didn’t think they were necessary to enjoy the day.

1  Thank Sarah P
Write a ReviewReviews (16 487)
All reviews
"photo package"
in 245 reviews

165 - 169 of 16 487 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We came here twice during our stay as we loved it that much, the first time it rained but we still had a great time, unfortunately it did make the water in the sea area quite hard to see in but the river was amazing. The 2nd time we came it was so sunny, could not believe how clear the sea was, saw a lot of sting rays and some massive fish. cannot wait to come back again, there is so much to do

3  Thank Adele-GC
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best days we’ve had together in Mexico, a solid day of laughing and having fun as a couple. We arrived early and went straight for breakfast which was a buffet, so fast and convenient then straight to find a locker to put our stuff away. Everything is free and so easy to work out. Our tour guide told us to do everything in a anti clockwise route. Which was perfect. The river is full of fish so the snorkelling was the best i have done. Along the rivers edge there are points where you can jump in from cliffs edges(with life guards watching), zip wires and other activities. We didn’t do any extra excursions for extra cost because we found we didn’t need to. Drink stations every few hundred metres to refill when you are hot for free was brilliant. I dont understand why people pay to swim with stingrays as there are loads just swimming about which was incredible. 10/10

3  Thank Thomli
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We arranged this trip through our Hotel and paid for the plus where your food and drink is included.
The day we went it was lashing it down so bad but we went anyway. As we had been to Coba first we didn't arrive until 1:30-2 ish and it was so busy we just couldn't get our bearings. We couldn't find a free locked so ended up heading to the Lazy River and using the bag drop instead.
We loved the double dingy on the lazy river it was brilliant. As we passed through the Mangroves and out into the open the heavens opened.... We couldn't see a thing and couldn't stop laughing! What an experience!
Finally we made it to safety and tried to find somewhere to eat, what a nightmare. Everywhere was rammed because of the rain, luckily a restaurant reopened and we got in. We then decided we'd book again for a sunny day.
We went back week later and such a good idea. The weather definitely helps. We had fun. We were a little miffed that the zip wire bikes were an extra charge so we didnt go on them. The food places are pretty busy but we ate and then off we went again around the park. You definitely need a full day here to enjoy yourself and get yourself a locked as soon as you get there.
The only negative I have is the photo package. We paid $58 for all of our photos around the park (21) and received 1 large photo in the price, we were then handed a receipt with a web address and code for our photos. This means you pay them $58 for a code then when you get home you have to download your photos and (like I am) pay someone else to print them?? I have to take my phone to Asda and get them printed, that to me is a rip off and a bit of a swizz to be honest but it does not affect my enjoyment of the actual park.
We had waterproof pouches and phone holders for photos as well - I recommend you get these!
Wear a hat and apply sun cream!

1  Thank Nicolajlee
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We visited both Xel-Ha and Xcaret and my kids liked Xel-Ha more! I liked the convenience of all day all you can eat at the buffets (although we only partook once) and how well taken care of we were by the staff. We tried the zipline bikes and the staff were so kind about letting us on even though we were 10 minutes late on our appointment time.When my little boy got stuck on the line, the instructions the guys had given us worked and I was able to help him through it even at 10 meters away! I was so proud of our little accomplishment on the bikes. My boys are very outdoorsy and love a challenge so they loved tubing and then swimming the open lagoon while I got off halfway and walked to the next appointment. This park is for the athletic who love water activity. But they also have nice relaxing areas for the rest of us. We all had fun despite the grey skies and light rain all day. I'll bet on a sunny day, we would have seen more of the marine life in the lagoon as we tubed through it. If you have river shoes, they'll come in handy. Just wear them all day. My only advice for first time visitors to this park is not to book more than two activities on one day. You'll end up running to keep all your appointment tickets instead of relaxing and taking in the beauty of the park at your leisure. We did only two and even that broke up our day and made us rush.

3  Thank 123marissa