“A little paradise that feels like Home”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Bathroom # 3
Bedroom # 4 - 2 X Queen size beds
Bathroom Bedroom # 4
Bedroom # 5 - 2 X Queen size beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Ghenima D
Montreal, Canada
“A little paradise that feels like Home”
Reviewed 19 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I've visited Casa Kickapoo for a Surf and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Camp with Prof. Bruno Fernandes.
What started as a Solo trip quickly felt like visiting friends and Family, especially after the warm welcome received from the owners, Luis and Gloria. The other guests had all different backgrounds, stories, and became friends after a few days.
I was picked up at the airport and got to the house late in the evening, but everyone made sure that I had everything I needed. Gloria, and my lovely roommate even gave me clothes as my backpack was only delivered the following night by the airline.
The rooms were clean and in good condition, the food was amazing and chef Rodrigo was happy to accommodate my dietary restriction. The staff really tries to create a memorable experience for every single guest.
The daily surf instruction given by ‘Surf Luis’ were really fun and the Jiu Jitsu lessons were worth every penny.
This camp week was memorable and I can’t wait to have the chance to go back there. Give it a try!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
gentechx
San Diego, California
“Great Active Vacation”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Luis and his staff make everyone feel like family, not a guest. The location is great and many times I thought I was in South Florida and not El Salvador. No one should miss the opportunity to attend a bjj camp here.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The Staff
CF C
“This the family you never knew you belonged to.”
Reviewed 14 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

By the time I arrived I had corresponded with Luis, the owner a few times, and felt as if I knew him. A few of the other guest and I were picked up at the airport. It was late in the night but Luis and Gloria greeted us at the door of Casa Kickapoo.

For the rest of the week I never once felt like a customer or guest of Casa Kickapoo. I felt like I was the guest of Luis and Gloria, my friends. I guess it is true that you have friends you just have not met yet.

The surfing instruction from "the other Luis" was great as were the waves. The Jiu-Jitsu instruction from Prof. Bruno Fernandes was worth every nickel.

It was a great experience. You show up with a bunch of strangers, but you leave with a bunch of new friends. Everyone has a story., This is the kind of place where you get to know people, hear their story, and learn allot about yourself.

I am looking forward to next year. It will be like visiting family.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Food and Service
Friends getaway Large groups
scottyrot
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
“One of my favorite vacations!”
Reviewed 1 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I attended the BJJ Globetrotter Jiu Jitsu camp. In February the temperature is a mild 80-85 degrees with a nice cooling breeze. The gracious owners of the house Luis and Gloria are two people who don't stop smiling and really aim to provide everything they can. You can really tell they care about the quality and upkeep of their house due to the wonderful staff under their employment. The Chef Rodrigo cooks the most amazing food, surf instructor Luis literally became one of the boys and just did whatever we wanted be it surfing, jet ski'ing, playing some guitar or hunting down surf spots an hour away. The house is amazing, lots of hammocks, a wonderful view of the estuary, AC in every room, a pool, outdoor shower.

Pickup and dropoff from the Airport was a breeze, EVERYTHING was taken care of on this trip down to the final details. I look forward to going back as soon as possible!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Liked best: Our Hosts!
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MarkDNYC
New York City, New York
“Paradise- jiu jitsu, surfing, beautiful place!”
Reviewed 29 February 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Casa Kickapoo is exactly what you'd want in a retreat-like getaway in a beach paradise: secluded, private and cozy living and lounge areas with easy access to the water in both directions (beach on one side, estuary on the other). It's top notch when it comes to lounging and comfort. You'll really want for nothing, and be very happy to lay in a hammock next to the estuary,

It's a bonus (and where they shine) if you're into Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or Surfing, as the owners built the place as a shrine to both sports and lifestyles. If you know anything about either sport, you know there's a certain laid back and comfortable attitude in each sport, and that is really present in every corner of Casa Kickapoo. It's truly a labor of love with the hosts, as everyone couldn't be more friendly and professional.

I could wax poetics on and on, but I can't recommend Casa Kickapoo enough. Never once was I concerned for my safety (as is often the question when El Salvador is part of the conversation), nor did I ever have trouble navigating the area around Casa Kickapoo. When I say there's no reason to leave, it's because they really do everything so well that you wouldn't want to (food, entertainment, amenities, etc).

Don't expect to go to the area to party and get into a vibrant nightlife, you bring the party with you at Casa Kickapoo (if that's your thing). I liked the rest and relaxation between jiu jitsu and the ocean myself, so no party necessary for me. It's a place best done with a group, or to go with a few people and just indulge in surfing and beach living. However, I could certainly see myself wanting to return solo just to retreat for a few days to lounge around.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing