Review Highlights
A Gem

Lovely quirky cinema, saw Mama Mia Here We Go Again and The Old Man and The Gun. Such a treat... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Nicjlews
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
via mobile
Open air delight

If you have the chance when your in Santorini then you must try to get to the open air cinema in... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018
ChrisLaney
Fleet, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Kamari
from US$57,90
from US$75,30
from US$86,90
from US$194,60
Reviews (1 159)
1 159 results
All reviews greek subtitles nachos hot dogs sound quality directors chairs mamma mia deck chairs picture quality comfortable chairs non smoking area great sound well stocked bar bar stools front row brilliant night brilliant experience relaxing evening
87 - 92 of 1 159 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This was a great little experience,
The reason I gave it such a low review, is because the cinema opens at 8:30pm it takes an hour for the film to start and then they added adverts and an intermission so most of the time is spend waiting. I was disappointed as it ate the entire night, leaving us feeling unfulfilled.
The drinks are below average, i ordered a mojito and it was basically mint water with sugar in it.
Aside form the negative , the staff were very friendly, they had a great little cinema with great little hints of perfection, such as a picturesque lit up fish pool next to the bar, they also burnt incense at the entrance and bar which made the experience so much better.

Bottom Line:
Don't go for the cocktails.
Make sure you have lunch or dinner before you go , unless your happy with popcorn or hotdog.
Don't make any other plans for that night.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely cinematic experience here.
It definitely is quite unique and fun way to see a movie.
It made me remember how special it was to see a movie when I was younger.

Cinema shows the movie in English with Greek subtitles.

If it gets chilly at night, they have blankets available.

It is a good idea to go here on a night when you are going to be staying in kamari as the busses stop at around 10 which means you have to either walk or take a taxi.

cinekamari, Owner at Open Air Cinema Kamari, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for this review. From mid June until mid September, buses run until late after the movie is finished. Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited here one evening during our holiday. Although the film showing, Tomb Raider, was not one we’d normally go and see, we wanted to experience the open air cinema. It was a great venue with a cute little bar and an intermission in the middle of the film. Do take a shawl or cardigan as it gets very cool and although they have blankets available, there weren’t enough to go around.

1  Thank WendyFisher69
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Was staying in Kamari and I'd heard that a few of my friends had visited here so I wanted to try it out and so glad I did.

Was a bit out of the way so a little walk to get to it and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, it's larger than I expected in there - I thought the prices were pretty reasonable for entry and the cocktails were nice - lovely frozen strawberry daiquiris.

The film had a really good picture and it felt really cosy to be able to sit outside watching a film while the weather was still warm enough - the film was also really good, we were there when Adrift was on and everyone seemed to enjoy their experience.

I would go again if I was ever in Kamari, something a bit different to do on a holiday abroad.

1  Thank bethg2812
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the open air cinema whilst staying in Kamari - you must go if you get a chance! A short walk, about 20 minutes, from the main shops. It's set in a beautiful garden with a bar for cocktails, wine etc to have whilst watching the film. A lovely setting to enjoy a film. It can get very busy so advice is to arrive early!

1  Thank Elaine-Oldfield