“Great Dive Company and Staff, Diving the Worlds Largest Active Caldera”

Navys Waterworld Dive Center
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The diving was beautiful. Visibility of about 75 feet in the caldera. We dove Lions Head and The Porch(?). The Lions head really looked like a giant lions head. No imagination required. Lots of colorful fish at the reef - Porch. I would have liked to have dove the Caves outside of the Caldera but the winds were coming from the wrong direction and too strong. The crew was top notch. They handled everything beautifully. They were excellent assisting me when I struggled with my balance - inner ear problems. The dive master, who is from Barcelona, Spain originally, took the time to drive me through the traditional Greek Village on the way home. He also gave me recommendations on his favorite restaurant. Great out fit! Great dive master! I would absolutely use them again when diving Santorini.

1  Thank Bruce G
"excellent diving"
"pick up and drop"
"days diving"

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I completed my very first two dives here and the whole experience was amazing. We booked in the day before our dive, and from the minute we arrived we were welcomed by very friendly staff who spoke very good English, and took time to welcome us and chat to us about the experience. For those who haven’t dived before ( I had never dived before) I would highly recommend booking the first dive, with an option to book the second dive if you get on ok. From the minute we arrived they reassured us and talked through the whole experience, which began with a fairly lengthy video. I felt this was good but left me feeling anxious that I hadn’t taken everything on board, however I need not have worried. We got kitted out with everything, all equipment was explained to us, and we went through the procedures severally times with our instructor on land. We then went down to the beach and into the sea(warning... the equipment is sooo heavy!!!). On our dive, there were 4 of us diving, with 2 instructors. So one instructor was with my brother and I and one with the other couple. Whilst I was nervous, I felt confident and safe with the instructor. The first dive was probably the hardest, getting used to breathing underwater, swimming and moving in fins, adjusting the air pressure in your ears, and remembering how to do the three operations underwater which you have to do facing the instructor: remove mouthpiece, fill mask with water and then clear mask of water and remove mouthpiece, chuck it behind you and successfully retrieve it. As well as remembering the underwater signals. But it was all fine and with the instructor constantly with you, I soon got the hang of everything. So we went for the second dive, which was much more relaxed, and we did a lot more swimming. We paid a little extra to hire the go-pro, which our instructor used and we now have a selection of awesome photos and videos of our first dive. I would very much recommend these guys, very knowledgeable, welcoming and friendly, they clearly love what they do, and gave us our very first experience of the underwater world, I now can’t wait to dive again!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Instructor is very nice! It was our first time diving and we love it!
(By the way the restaurants you recommended are really delicious )

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

When I walked in to enquire about a couple of fun dives I was greeted by Robert who is the owner and a dive instructor. He was friendly, very knowledgeable and professional because of this I booked a days diving.
On the day I got there early and was warmly welcomed by the staff who were setting up for the day. I got asked my shoe size and roughly what BCD size but I knew what I needed and everything else was sorted. We got on the boot and headed to the dive site. The water was crystal clear and a little nippy but the suits did there job.
We did two cavern dives which were brilliant. The highlight was the octopus which tried to hide from us.
Overall it was a 5* experience and would recommend them to anyone who wants to got diving in Santorini.