Reviews (2 841)
2 841 results
1 090
1 090
All reviews geranios suites junior suite pool bar sea view self catering large balcony free safe salt water spa hotel smaller pool on tap reception staff evening entertainment cleaned every day building work salad separate bedroom
85 - 90 of 2 841 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week half board and I have listed below my review. Overall very bland hotel, no character or atmosphere, Advice Do Not go All Inclusive, no way worth the £150 per person they ask for. This is starred a 4* but I would not in any way give it this class.
This hotel must be losing hundreds due to its lack of bar hours and snack facilities.
Also be prepared to wear a plastic wristband for your stay, not my idea of a 4 star hotel.

Rooms. Nice room clean and a good size. Looking into pool which was actually quite nice. Kitchen area a tick in the box really. If you were room only and planned to cook here you may struggle. This hotel gives free breakfast with room bookings so beware if you've paid extra to your tour operator for brekkie
Room never cleaned before 16:00, and on one occasion no clean towels left

Pool. 3 clean very cold pools. Lots of beds, hotel says not to reserve beds but did not follow this up when towels were on beds early. Beds easy to get but I suspect this was due to dire lack of drink/food facilities, cheaper to go to local supermarket ( about a 10 min walk to the right of the hotel) along the road and buy wine€2:99, beer €2 for 4 and spirits at cheap prices and go to beach

bars. Pool bar very poor. Cocktails served straight from a slush puppy machine or a vending machine! €3 a pop if you were paying. No other spirits available until the hotel bar opened at 17:30, apart from lager. Snack available but very DIY, salad bread and meat available for you to make yourself a toastie.
Hotel bar. Only one bar with limited selection of spirits, only premium spirits available to buy, AI are given local brands, Amstel beer and pour your own wine. No atmosphere in bar area just a few tables and chairs and a TV

Restaurant: bright clean , good selection of food, all good temperature and topped up / changed frequently. No drink option unless you were AI even though there was briefly a drinks menu on the tables , which were swiftly removed after we sat down.
No need to dress up for any meal as shorts and tshirts were all that was worn. Again not something that is normal for a 4*

Entertainment. Not worth mentioning. Animation team, not the best.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Firstscotrail
Reviewed 25 June 2018

There was an accident and my daughter was left hanging from the guard rail on the 3rd floor.

One of the boards under the guard rails on the 3rd floor came loose, fell 3 floors into the courtyard and my daughter was left hanging from the rail. She swung out over a 3 story drop and back onto the landing. She was incredibly lucky that she was ok. See the pictures attached. This was not just a loose board. There were a number of boards that bent when pressed without much force. If someone tripped and fell against them, these boards are not safe. They will not stop you falling 3 floors onto a hard floor.

The manager was good in how she dealt with it. Called maintenance and had them check every board, though I don't believe they checked them to a good enough standard. They need more support rails.

The rest of the hotel was actually excellent. Location great, rooms good, etc. If they fixed the boards/rails on the landings then I'd give it 5 stars.

Upper floor landings are not safe. Otherwise fine. Can't overlook my daughter nearly dying.

Room Tip: Ground floor, don't go anywhere near the landings.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank Musicalhamster
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Known as Geranios Suites when we stayed, this hotel was amazing. Room was lovely, clean, spacious, modern and welcoming. Huge balcony area and great swimming pool and sunbathing area. We were self catering so cannot comment on food at the hotel. Staff w3lcoming and friendly and situated on beachfront clos3 to lovely bars And restaurants. Would not hesitate in returning.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Fairly nice hotel, food sub-par. Nice decor in lobby. Entertainers were good fun but it was always quiet in the evenings.
All inclusive not worth the money in my opinion. Always able to get a subbed, and nice terrace for sunbathing.
Had a nice stay but certainly wouldn’t return, if we do it will be to the barcelo Castillo hotel across the bay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This hotel is fab in many ways but has a few shortfalls.

Fab: the room - ours was large, modern, always clean and felt welcoming. It was cleaned daily and we enjoyed coming back to it at the end of the day. Good shower and double sinks. Also handy to have a little kitchen, even though we were all inclusive. The lobby is very attractive and spacious, there is a good supply of cold water and the pool area always seemed to be clean and tidy. The pools are freezing, but I found that quite refreshing after a lie down in the sun! The location is also great - right next to the beach, with plenty of bars and restaurants to explore. We also walked round the coast and found the chipmunks - and played crazy golf down the road a few times. The food was also generally good - perhaps not quite 4* but I certainly enjoyed tucking into the buffets, and there was good variety at dinnertime. The cakes were a tad odd and some of the fruit felt tinned, but otherwise I can't complain. Sangria also very palatable :)

Not so fab: nothing was glaringly wrong, this hotel just lacks a bit of character. They could do with some plants or greenery (other than the beautiful cacti) but then if you prefer a modern/slightly industrial feel you will enjoy it. The evening entertainment was also not great. However, there are plenty of places to go in the town if you want a more lively evening. I was also impressed with their hosting of the world cup - we were given nuts and crisps when watching the match in the bar, which I thought was a nice touch. Staff also on the most part very friendly and helpful, although no sense of urgency on reception and only one person manning the desk meant we had to wait about 15 minutes to check in.

Overall I'd come back to this hotel if I was visiting Fuerteventura again. We had a great holiday.

Room Tip: We had room 103, fab access to reception and sea views if you peered over the railing!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple