“Beautiful villa but needs a little TLC”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
949kenm
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Beautiful villa but needs a little TLC”
Reviewed 16 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

We booked this villa for a family holiday in July 2015 and overall we enjoyed our stay. The booking process through Holiday Lettings was very easy and Jean replied very quickly to my emailed questions. My main concern when booking was in respect to the depth of the pool since two of my three grandchildren were only 4 and 5 years old at the time and still learning to swim. I need not have worried since the pool does have a shallow end of about 1m which tapers to about 2m in depth at the deep end. There are also steps at the shallow end which made easy access for the older members of the party! After we equipped our 2 young ones with water wings, the pool was the main attraction and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.

On arrival, we were met by Angie who provided a lot of useful local information and was very helpful during our stay. We paid for the internet connection which was ok for most of the time but struggled at others, usually around tea time when I guess demand was fairly high.

The villa is reasonably well placed being about 10/15mins walk to the Atlántico shopping centre which has a good sized supermarket, and 15/20mins walk into the town centre, depending on who was walking and how hot it was! We also used taxis when returning from the supermarket or town which were easy to pick up and reasonably priced. The villa is built close to the approach flight path into Fuerteventura which means there is a steady number of aircraft flying low overhead during the day. However, we barely noticed them after the first day and the children thought it was great to watch the planes coming in.
The four bedrooms were a nice size and whilst most of us found the beds ok, one of my daughters did complain of being uncomfortable in hers. The master bedroom was ensuite which proved useful when all 8 eight of us were getting ready to go out in the evening for a meal. We also used the BBQ a couple of times which was a nice addition to the outside area.

The slight downside for me was that the villa was showing signs of wear and tear in places and needed some maintenance. The most serious issue being the tiles at the top of the steps to the pool where a couple of these had sunk at one end which raised a sharp end at the other end facing the pool. One of our children did in fact cut his toe on this when coming out of the pool, not seriously, but enough to cause concern so we put a wet towel over them for the rest of the holiday. We also had a problem with the pool which became cloudy and lost quite a bit of water one night, but a phone call to Angie resulted in this being sorted the same day. We also had a few issues with ticking ceiling fans (really annoying when trying to sleep), a loose bathroom switch, the fridge door not sealing properly, and some of the outside furniture which had seen better days. The table in particular was very rickety, and the piping on the cushions (which was coming off) was a nuisance. A little nit-picking I suppose, but whilst little things are often remembered, they did not spoil what was otherwise a very enjoyable holiday and stay at the Villa La Casuca.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool, outside area and location.
Liked least: Condition of some amenities.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
16 Oct 2015
Many thanks to Mr Mosley for his review. With regard to the terrace dining table it has been replaced with a new one. I have also asked our management company the minor issues that he raised. I am also glad to hear that he and his family had such an enjoyable holiday at our villa.
Iloveibiz...
west midlands
“Great Villa”
Reviewed 18 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We had a great holiday, the villa is set in a good location, 10 minute walk to the Altantico shopping centre, and a 15 - 20 minute walk to the main strip of restaurants.

Booking was extremely easy, Jean responded very swiftly, and made the booking process worry free.

The villa is well kept, is very secure and set in a large plot. The 4 bedrooms are a good size, the master has an ensuite, good storage with 2 single beds pushed together, which is a shame as in my opinion the master should have a double or king size bed, there is a double bed in one of the other smaller bedrooms, however the master bedroom is the only room that has an ensuite.

The outside area is great, the pool and garden are well maintained, sunbeds are comfortable, plenty of outside seating, the roof terrace is great too. The golf course did concern me a little, as I was unsure if I wanted to sunbathe with a convoy of golfers walking past, however I shouldn't have worried as during our stay the course was very quiet, the plants "shelter" you from the golfers being able to look straight in to the villa, the tee is directly opposite so we didn't have any golf balls landing in the pool!

There are ceiling fans in each of the bedrooms, these keep the bedrooms cool, we left them on low at night, and never had a problem sleeping. The living room however doesn't have a fan at all, in my opinion this room would benefit from ceiling fans too, as it was very hot in the evening.

I paid 20 euros for the Internet, the connection however isn't the greatest, it was enough to message etc, but did stuggle to load web pages on my I Pad.

Finally, Angie - you do a fantastic job, the villa was cleaned to a high standard, the garden & outside areas are extremely well kept ( not an easy job in the height of the summer heat I'm sure) thank you for all your help, it was a pleasure to meet you.

We are (sadly/thankfully) at the stage now where our children no longer want to travel with us, so unfortunately we won't need a large villa in the future, however if we ever do we would happily stay again, without hesitation.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: All of it!
Liked least: Single beds in the master bedroom.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Oct 2015
Many thanks Lisa for such a positive and comprehensive review. The reason we have 2 beds together in the main bedroom is because we sometimes have groups of ladies or mixed groups who play golf and do not wish to share a bed.
Jmc500
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 4 May 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I and our three children (aged 9, 3 and 1) spent 10 days in Villa La Casuca and had a great time. The villa has four spacious bedrooms with 2 full bathrooms - very handy for a family. The kitchen has all mod cons including dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, and full hob and oven, with plenty of crockery. We also made good use of the outdoor barbecue. The heated pool was the star attraction for our children, and there's lovely views of the golf course and nearby mountains, which we enjoyed from the sun loungers. The outdoor seating area was great for evening drinks after the kids went to bed. The shopping centre and supermarket as well as the beach is only 10 minutes walk away. Angie and Pam were very helpful when we got the keys. Couldn't recommend it more, and we are hoping to get back again.

Travelling group: Young Children
kitkatWes...
west yorks
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 5 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

We went to this villa with my daughter, husband and twins aged 3 years and had a lovely holiday. The villa as four large bedrooms and has everything you need including dishwasher and washer and its lovely and clean. The pool area was clean and the pool was warm. We would highly recommend it to anyone. There's a well stocked supermarket a good 10 mins walk a way the main resort is about 20 mins walk away. The beaches are clean and sea calm perfect for small children.

Travelling group: Large Group
12 Nov 2014
Janice sent me an email on her return saying how much she and her family enjoyed their holiday at our villa. It was lovely to hear from her and I was delighted to know that they all had such a good time.
Her kind words were very much appreciated.
Jean.
ivanbee
“Excellent villa”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I Will come back to this villa in the next year says it all. Very family friendly and the perfect place to unwind. Good size in and out. Far enough from the town but close enough to walk.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
4 Sep 2014
So good to hear that Ivan and his family enjoyed their stay at our villa so much and look forward to welcoming him again in the near future.
Jean.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing