Reviews (2 989)
2 989 results
1 492
1 492
All reviews buffet breakfast accor member mini bar corner room pillow menu ocean view gold coast shopping centre an upgrade per day surfers paradise jupiters casino car parking across the road pacific fair bonjour monorail
21 - 26 of 2 989 reviews
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Our recent two night stay at the Sofitel Broadbeach was up to Sofitels high standards.Service from the Sofitel team was above expectations, at all levels. The location of the facility is ideal, being handy to conference venues and airport, not to mention the cream of Gold Coast restaurants. Probably the only drawback is the principle in-house restaurant is closed Tuesday to Thursday evenings, which nice coincided with our stay. The alternative in-house restaurant is of high standard, but with only a very limited menu.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil F
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Bonjour Neil F,

We very much appreciate you taking the time to provide comments on your recent stay with Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach. It is a delight to receive positive feedback on the high standards provided by the team and will be a pleasure to share this with them. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope we have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

1. Leaking sink that wet the whole bathroom floor
2. The pictures on the website are very misleading, this hotel has no charm at all, to think it is Sofitel
3. The room stinks. I dont know what cleaning material/agent or whatever they use but the moment you open the door, it just stinks
4. My husband and i asked to view other rooms and were willing to pay extra as our room has no good view at all (we paid for our room and chose this hotel because of the view the website is saying it has) and the rooms we saw have views of not water but of hotels in front of it and probably 10% ocean view to the left and 10% to the right
5. LOST CLOTHES, I called many times, day and night for 3 days but no return of call at all
6. They found one of my missing clothes but never even bothered telling me until the very last day during check out. If i did not ask again minutes before check out, I doubt if they will return my clothes. Not even a single apology.
7. None of the next receptionists seem to know about my complaint, each time it was a different person and each time they will say they were never told about it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Bonjour UnforgettableViews,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay with us. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.. We always strive to provide a superior service and product and therefore your feedback is important to us. Please rest assured that your comments will be addressed with the team to improve service and follow up standards.

Again my apologies for the experience encountered and it is our hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I have stayed at Sofitel Gold Coast many times and have always been satisfied with the quality of service delivered, but my expectation fell short this time around. I understood that it was the school holiday and a long weekend, but that should not be enough reason to let down the guests. The receptionist at check-in was unfriendly and had a querying expression on her face as to why I stood at the check-in point for priority members. Our buffet breakfast was ruined as it took well over 30 minutes and our breakfast meal over and asking three times before the tea I requested for self and two hot chocolates for my boys were delivered. The same happened at breakfast the next day. I must say that one of the busboys was apologetic when he observed this happening to us twice.We ordered meals for four people to be brought to our room in our second night, and only two sets of cutleries were delivered.These cutleries were shared between my wife and two boys and I had no cutlery for my steak meal except for a steak knife. I called to request additional cutlery but thirty minutes later and three phone call reminders and I was being told that it is busy in the kitchen and that the cutlery will be brought up to the room. The meal was cold by now, and I raised this with the lady at the other end of the phone who was more or less had the expectation that I will eat my cold meal with this new set of cutlery that will be delivered. I told her I wouldn't be eating a cold meal, and I would expect that a new hot meal be delivered. A new set of cutlery was delivered shortly afterward without a new meal, and I asked the lady who delivered it to take the cold meal away. A manager (I cannot remember his name but what a lovely guy with great customer care skills.) called afterward and he was professional and gently tried to find out what happened. He apologized and delivered a hot meal with some complimentary hot chips and ice-cream dessert for my boys. He apologized profusely. I still hold Sofitel in high regard, but that weekend visit really fell short of expectation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank m0sh00ds

Bonjour m0sh00ds,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry that the experience did not live up to that of previous stays with us.We always strive to provide superior service and it is clear that we did not live up to this during your stay. I am glad that you have experienced the service we are capable of giving previously and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to address the problems of this stay through your feedback. We hope that we will allow us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Stayed 4 nights with work, great location for the exhibition centre, good rooms, nice pool and the restaurant was great especially the service. Only drawback was the bar closes so early , eg Before 10pm, not what you would expect when you try and entertain clients in such a big chain hotel. Overall nice and I would stay again.

Room Tip: As high as possible as street noise can be loud further down
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Bonjour JayWestYorks,

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and that you received great service in the restaurant. I apologise we couldn't accommodate for a later drink on the night. I will ensure that this feedback is shared with the team as we constantly strive to improve on the quality of our service. Again thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.